Shroud of Night

I am quite pleased with all the novels set post gathering storm that I have read.

You mean novel 1 and novel 2? :teehee:
What he said is not factually incorrect, one can enjoy x set after y even if x still is of a low count. What is your point?

If it is written by a good author or with love and not just to write something

What sort of retort is this? You might as well argue then that people should not read ADB or Wraight when they could be reading Nietzsche, Kant, Hesse and Frisch; true literary titans that explore the metaphysical and discoursive nature of our own world.

One can read and indeed enjoy "bad" literature, although the discussed two examples are FAR from being the worst examples in the given genre. Who are you to judge if a novel was written with love? How do you even gain introspection into this without having in depth chats with the writer and observing his creative process (which I very much doubt you've had). Your derisive comment adds nothing to this discussion, what more it's facetious, holier-than-thou attitude might even create frustration and stifle discussion.

Edited by The Observer

I am quite pleased with all the novels set post gathering storm that I have read.

You mean novel 1 and novel 2? :teehee:
What he said is not factually incorrect, one can enjoy x set after y even if x still is of a low count. What is your point?

If it is written by a good author or with love and not just to write something

What sort of retort is this? You might as well argue then that people should not read ADB or Wraight when they could be reading Nietzsche, Kant, Hesse and Frisch; true literary titans that explore the metaphysical and discoursive nature of our own world.

One can read and indeed enjoy "bad" literature, although the discussed two examples are FAR from being the worst examples in the given genre. Who are you to judge if a novel was written with love? How do you even gain introspection into this without having in depth chats with the writer and observing his creative process (which I very much doubt you've had). Your derisive comment adds nothing to this discussion, what more it's facetious, holier-than-thou attitude might even create frustration and stifle discussion.

That's what BL had became - from the beginning of GS :cussstorm - quality of the books plummeted even further.

'One can read and indeed enjoy "bad" literature' -

I still can't fathom how that could be possible in that totally insane world. Sorry for the rumbling - I do hoped that at least with the DG  codex they will improve.

But - no, they did not.

I do understand that a business model and they need to sell nad the gamers age are lower now. But - that's not the lore I signed for. That's not the lore I signed people for.

W41K became a childish parody on what W40K grimdark really was.

That's it - I will not tell or ramble anymore. Don't mind me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved the book

Was quite funny there views on primaris marines

Was a good take on current alphas separated from the legion

I'd like more on the legion and Omegons (alpharius) situation

There is a sequel coming out

So prob a short series

There is a sequel coming out

So prob a short series

• 1 year later...

I did not enjoy this book.

Not awful, but the chattiness(?) of it - the plethora of characters vs tacticool vs procedural goings-on... I didn't care for it. It's hard for me to put into words. So much so I couldn't help but skim vast parts of it. Something like I rarely do, even though I was curious ast o what's going on.

Thay said, there was a shining beacon of very deep joy in the book - albeit a side character. They were thing that resolutely kept holding my attention- the (frankly wonderful) Magos Empyrean, and their bonkers dialogue/attitude.

All else - humans, Marines, prose, events, concepts - somehow just didn't get to me.

Nothing to say it's *bad*, mind you, as much as I found it very difficult to hold my focus on. Not like I was rolling my eyes, or finding it painful or foolish or anything like that.

Perhaps just a question of taste rather than good/bad.

But it was not to my taste. (Or maybe my mood?)