Aggressors: which load out for our chapter tactics?

TrexPushups

I feel like I don't know enough about these guys, but this is what I use Assault Bolter Inceptors for. They are T5, fast, have Fly, and deepstrike. The Agressors? Are they slower? Do they have fly? I don't think their loadout seems to make sense to me. Are they more for assault?

Aggressors have powerfists & they are cheaper.

In addition they can advance and fire their weapons without penalty.

So they move 6-11 inches if you don't plan on charging.

If they have the option of staying still they get to double their shots including in overwatch.

I don't know why I'm fixated on these guys myself. I watched a review of the new codex last night, and I'm thinking that a full squad of six, or two squads of 3 will be very useful. The bolsters are putting out a kit of dice, and with the right buff can be nasty. 2 power fists on combat are nothing to laugh at either. These are not mini centurions, so the centurions still gave a place.

Okay so what are they shooting? A bunch of heavy bolters? I already have an abundance of that. In fact the entire Primaris line seems over stuffed with S4-5 AP -1, D1 weapons.

Assault units on foot really do not work imo. I play a lot of chaos and even massed 'zerker armies always fall to shooting in this edition. It takes true cheap, stabby hordes to get any real work done in CC, unless you have a delivery mechanism.

Don't get me wrong I want to use these guys. I even pre=ordered a box. If their main think is walking up to enemies with heavy bolters, I got that covered. If their main deal is assault, I will need to see if it is economical enough (and makes sense) to stuff them in a Repulsor. It doesn't look like it though as I believe those seats will be occupied by Helblasters.

I'm just not sure where these guys fit in.

They take up 2 slots so the repulsor can deliver 5 of them. Doing that I'd want to equip them with the twin flamers.

I think my go to hellblasters will be the ones with the heavy incarnation of the plasma rifle as it's S9 36". I can't recall the other stats, but 10 of them & a plasma redemptor dread will make a sold fire base.

Do you know how many points that would cost in total for the squad and the Repulsor?

I would really like an HQ (Primaris Chaplain) in a squad like you describe. The Repulsor may get them there, but it very much reminds me of my old experimental Assault Centurions in a Redeemer. They can hit hard, and survive, but they were T5 with a 2+ save and the Hurricanes + Melta + Fists could do tons of damage.... if I had an aura running.

I think I'll stick to my basic Helblasters for now... I just really like them for the cost and the move + shoot will work with my Redemptor fire base I'm planning.

Assaulting with Aggressors (IMO) will definitely require the transport. I have no idea the cost of that, but the flamers would work... dual heavy flamers right? If they swap out the dual heavy flamers, what do they get on their guantlets and shoulder harness'?

The reviewer didnt go over the pints cost? But the Aggressors can take either the flame storm gauntkrtd or the auto boltstorm gauntlets and the fragstorm grenade launcher. He didn't do points, but I can read that their power level 6 for 3 of them. The Repulsor looks like it's power level 16.

Hope that helps

The reviewer didnt go over the pints cost? But the Aggressors can take either the flame storm gauntkrtd or the auto boltstorm gauntlets and the fragstorm grenade launcher. He didn't do points, but I can read that their power level 6 for 3 of them. The Repulsor looks like it's power level 16.

Hope that helps

3 Aggressors are 129pts for both weapon set ups, you can download there points for free from the warhammer digital site

My plan so far is 4 fire aggressors with a primaris chaplain & LT inside a lascannon & lastalon repulser.

This gives the chaplain and the aggressors a way to get close and support the Reivers I want to use as well.

Sounds like a good set up. Are you planning to use grav chutes or grapnel hooks for reivers?

How do people think 6 Aggressors (258 points) stack up against Centurions Devastators (267 points for 3)

Aggressor 5", 3+, 3+, 4, 5, 2, 2, 7, 3+

Centurion 4", 3+, 3+, 5, 5, 3, 2, 7, 2+

Aggressor has 2x Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets & Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Centurion has Hurricane Bolter & 2x Heavy Bolters

3 Aggressors at 129 points seems cheap compared to 3 Hellblasters at 216 points and 3 Inceptots at 225 points

Edited by wako1302

As codex leaks started I've come to believe that Centurions and Agressors are apples and oranges. Originally I compared them as well when the pictures made them look like they had real missiles on their backs, but since the info started rolling out I realized they are nothing alike, and Centurions aren't going anywhere.

I think Centurions are more valuable in my current builds due to our newly revealed chapter tactics and our aura abilities. 

The whole primaris line is really missing tank punch/super heavy punch. I use Hellblasters a lot but there's no comparison to ripping into something halfway across the table with a pile of centurion lascannons with an aura. It's just not comparable. Assaulting my centurions is also painful.  

As codex leaks started I've come to believe that Centurions and Agressors are apples and oranges. Originally I compared them as well when the pictures made them look like they had real missiles on their backs, but since the info started rolling out I realized they are nothing alike, and Centurions aren't going anywhere.

I think Centurions are more valuable in my current builds due to our newly revealed chapter tactics and our aura abilities. 

The whole primaris line is really missing tank punch/super heavy punch. I use Hellblasters a lot but there's no comparison to ripping into something halfway across the table with a pile of centurion lascannons with an aura. It's just not comparable. Assaulting my centurions is also painful.

Definitely.

The only primaris source of lascannons is the repulser.

Which is a great tank but way too pricey to be the sole source of damage > 2 regarding shooting.

I might end up mixing in a lascannon predator or the vindicator tank destroyer instead of a second hellblaster squad.

Unfortunately Agressors just bring more bolter shots to the table, and bolter shots are not something a Space Marine army is short of. Certainly 8th, where anything can hurt anything, isn't as painful as being stuck with bolters in 7th, but it's not something I'd invest more points into, and power fists? That's decent if you can reach the enemy, but 6-11 inches a turn isn't going to do that. They rather suffer from the problem that assault terminators used to, but without the insane durability of a thunder hammer/storm shield terminator.

I'm thinking maybe 3 with flame gauntlets along with 5 Intercessors or Hellblasters (depending on points) along with a Lieutinent and a Librarian or Captain in a Repulser to go hold a forward objective or displace an enemy off of one.