Aggressors: which load out for our chapter tactics?

TrexPushups

I re-read our thread here... and I have to admit I still have no idea what to do with these guys. lol

I can proxy the Repulsor until it comes out, but even so I feel like there's just better options in the army.

As much as i hate saying it both weapon set ups are viable, greater threat range with bolters, but hitting a unit with 6D6 flamers, then charging and hitting it hard in the face, only to fall back a turn later to flame them again and wait to be charged so you can wall of death them.

Personally i like the bolters more for the threat range and more consistant rate of fire but you could cause alot of hurt with flamers

Good points but the heavy flamer seems more attractive in a Repulsor to me. The -1 ap and non reliance on an aura is attractive.

That being said I think my Repulsor is stuck on Helblaster duty. And my insistence at using Intercessors means I have a plethora of Bolters.

When I combine this with my Redemptor loadouts, this just takes me back to saving points for las centurions. Plus it seems Sallies will do Flame stuff far better than us.

Its just a standard flamer, so only ap 0.

And as they can advance without penalty to BS the bolters would be better if they were to footslog acrosss the table. With only 24" between deployment zones you move 5" and advance even then minimum of 1" and an enemy units is in range of everything they can fire, with the flamers you'd need 2 turns of movement either running or in transport before they could start firing.

Flamers as screeners for something heavier? Double flamer shots on overwatch seems rude.

Problem is they only get double shots if they didn't move, with such a short range on the flamers that means they probably didn't shoot at anything either

Now I'm really torn. As has been pointed out it's not like Space Marines lack for other bolter options so I dunno what the boltstorm gauntlets really add, but on the other hand the flame storm gauntlets will have issues getting in to range......what I know know is I WILL be using them because IMO they look awesome! ;)

These guys are just cheaper Power Fist Termies with better anti-horde shooting that can ride in the fancy new Repulsor.

I personally think they are great. Probably more competitive than Termies.

I think for Utras it's best to go Bolters and Missiles. We don't get the awesome strategem the Salamanders have access to, and it leaves them with better range to engage a horde uit from a distance whilst assaulting something more elite.

Edited by Ishagu

I think for Utras it's best to go Bolters and Missiles. We don't get the awesome strategem the Salamanders have access to, and it leaves them with better range to engage a horde uit from a distance whilst assaulting something more elite.

This is what I wanted to hear, because I think those shoulder-mounted grenade launchers look boss.

Edited by dicebod

I think that the Primaris range benefits more from the flamers than the bolter/launcher combination, but on the other hand the range and mobility of the Aggressors so armed is quite potent. Might have to get a squad of each and see which works best.

Not necessarily.

Remember you don't have to shoot at what you assault.

They don't have a huge number of attacks so they should charge a Tank or big Creature. They can shoot the infantry units up to 18" away.

Also, I can't equip my guys with something KNOWING another Chapter does it better hands down :-P

But seriously, Flamers are good for the auto hits but there are so many ways we can get re rolls that I'll take the weapons with range over them.

I don't know, it I really like my cataphractii Termies deep stringing with chainfists and rapid Bolters with grenade harness. This is usually accompanied by Calgar and it's pretty darn effective. It doesn't require a transport, and it fills a big need for deep striking on objectives.

The flamers aren't going to work for me. The Bolter load out is plausible but as someone who is already using all of the Primaris line up in his army, I gotta say Bolters are probably the least desirable weapon to add to the current line up.

Right now my landraider, predator, las cents are winning me games. The plasma hellblasters are good too.

The assault element is okay, but again I find deep striking and assaulting is successful a lot of the time with a reroll.

This unit appears to require the Repulsor which is far more valuable to my precious Helblasters. In fact by using the Repulsor with blasters I feel like that opens up the las variant which is probably a bad idea with Agressors.

Sirus I look forward to hearing your results.

Also, I can't equip my guys with something KNOWING another Chapter does it better hands down :-P

Well Salamanders don't get to shoot with their Aggressors when they fall back, so that's something our Aggressors do infinitely better than theirs :D

Well... I tried auto boltstorm aggressors.

It was 1500 against orks.

I got first turn and advanced these guys 11" (thank you dice gods) opened fired and took out 13 orks from this first squad of 20, he had 3 in total. In his turned he charged them with the 7 remaining orks and another 20 man unit, he lost 3 to overwatch from the squad of 7, by the end of the combat i still had the 5 aggressors i took and he had lost 7 orks from the 20 man squad.

My turn 2 i fell back and split fired, bolters at large group and frag launchers at the small squad and wiped both out.

In his turn 2 he charged with them with 2 warbosses, nob with waaagh banner and 20 more orks. The boys didnt do any damage, i spent 2 CP to attack next, killed waaagh banner and wounded his warlord warboss, however the 2 warbosses finally got the better of them and wiped the unit off the board.

Now this is a quick summary of what the aggressors did physically, however due to their presense on the board i entered turn 3 with the rest of my army untouched except for 2 wounds on a land raider crusader, unfortunately we had to call the game at the end of turn 3 due to time, but its safe to say that due to the threat level of the aggressors i won the game, as i had first blood and held 2 of 4 objectives when we ended the game, my opponent held the 1 objective in his deployment zone.

Final thought: Ultramarine CT combined with Aggressors of any type will be deadly.

Flame option for sure. Having tried it, the Flamers were more useful in general and you want to get close with them anyway to make proactive use of your CT. Charge, preferably multiple units. Do damage, flee and flame wirh aufo-hits. No one in their right mind will charge Aggressors with their amount of overwatch unless he can take them or the unit is unimportant to begin with.

To me the range advantage and boost to shooting when not moving makes the boltstorm version better, but the flamers place these guys where they want to be (and UM chapter tactics makes them a nightmare if they survive).

I am building mine as flamers, but that is primarily as I think they look so much better.

This unit needed deep strike to really work for me. I preordered a box and it's sitting on my desk, unopened. I have no idea what to do with it.

These guys aren't great in CC, there's no invuln and they are overkill for chaff about 8-12" in front of me.

If they could deep strike, I'd go bolters for sure. The flamer option kind of contests with their charge range for effective use of them.

There is so much overlap with 'bolter' type fire in the Primaris range it's quite frustrating. The Intercessors basically have this role in my army, or perhaps it's the Redemptor... no.. wait it's the Inceptors.... all are infantry killers.

These guys compete for precious space in a very expensive transport, at 2 seats per model. So far there is nothing that I see in the Primaris army that needs mobile protection than Helblasters.

I do think Flamers are most efficient way to kill but they do have a good move distance and those bolt shots allow better target selection while you take on whatever is threatening your lines.

Truly I'm feeling like these guys are best off -following- a large transport, using it for cover, and counter assaulting.

To be fair, I never transported them as the spot in my one Repulsor is taken by Hellblasters. The Flamers are great for defensive formation against T1 charge lists like Nids. To be fair, I am considering 6 Inceptors instead of 6 Aggressors, even if they cost 17ppm more (I would run the HB variant, Plasmas are rediculously overpriced). I would lack melee protection though and 102 additional points is a lot. That is almost as much as my Dark Shroud Oo

I am considering taking a unit of 5-6 dakak aggressors in a gunline army with scouts and devestators, plus Gullimen, an apothecary, and a banner guy with the relic banner. Put them in cover, force enemy to come to you with superior shooting from your backline, and then fire brutal double tap close range shooting, and overwatch, and shoot once with fall back shooting, all rerolling to hit and to wound. When aggressors die, they probably attack again thanks to the banner, and on your turn you try to bring a guy back with the apothecary. Gullimen wipes out any survivors in melee. If you expect to get attacked by more than one unit, cast always strike first on the aggressors with a librarian.