Confused am I- how do i put together an Inquisitor army?

I'm coming back to 40k after many years and I am a little confused as to what I can and cant have in my army. In the Index that deals with   =][= I can nly see a few units. is this all i can use? I can cherry pick among the imperium? Can i take space marines in my force? Assassins? Ratling Snipers? Scions(stormtroopers)?

At this stage in the release cycle it's quite viable to build your detachments using the 'Imperium' faction keyword and select any unit you so desire that qualifies.

Inquisitors have a nifty rule that lets them tag along and bypass transport restrictions.

Sorry to ask a question in this post op but I have just finished a deathwatch army and was looking at inquisitors as allies. Just to be right anything with agents of imperium rule can get in any transport such as a corvus backstar or a landspeeder storm?

Sorry to ask a question in this post op but I have just finished a deathwatch army and was looking at inquisitors as allies. Just to be right anything with agents of imperium rule can get in any transport such as a corvus backstar or a landspeeder storm?

Anything with the Special Rule: Authority of the Inquisition, can get in any transport. The only units with this keyword right now are Inquisitors, Acolytes and Jokaeros.

Edited by Hod

It does seem with the new edition that the Inquisition are moving more to how they are in fluff with not having their own stuff per se, but borrowing everybody else's toys.

With that said my current thoughts for a list are based around acolytes driving round in Sororitas Repressors, with squads of all plasma, flammers, stormbolters and Hot-Shot Lasguns (since I got a truck load when planning for 7th :verymad:  ).  Add to this some crusaders and deathcult with priest for a heritcus flavor or a unit of GK or deathwatch for the other ordos.

I'm also doing some custom built Rapier platforms for extra fire power.

• 1 month later...

My. Curent 80 PL =][= list is.

=][= in TDA

5 man Accloytes

=][= Land raider Prometheus

Callidus Assassin

Cannoness

SoB squad

Immolater

Tempestus Scion sq

Conscripts

Imp knight.

8Th is cool. I love that my list is one again Highlander!

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is what is pulling me to Inquisition. They can take anything they want. I really hope when their codex comes out that they get some nifty rules to apply to the rag-tag lists they can build. Would really dislike it if Inquisition stuff only affected other Inquisitors and ordos stuff. Would really hamper the faction in competitive play. 

I'm currently working on a list that incorporates Astra Militarum and Deathwatch. But I plan on bringing in tons of other stuff eventually as well. Especially Ad-mech and Knights.

Yeah, that's the feature I like most about the Inquisition on the battlefield. You've got a core of characters (your Inquisitor and his close associates) and they're supported by whatever Imperial forces best fits your narrative, be they allied Chambers Militant (Sororitas, Deathwatch or Grey Knights) Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (Tempestus Scions) or a Knightly household honouring a thousand year old pledge of aid, or just whatever Imperial forces happen to be to hand when the Inquisitor needs them!

I really hope that in the next iteration of the rules, if the Inquisition ever gets it's own codex in 8th ed I'd like to see the rules expanded to allow quasi-character bands of followers to represent the Inquisitors hand-picked band of followers. These units would have HEAPS of options so you can build the characters any way that suits your narrative. And at the same time, have the lower tier acolytes split into their own section so you can have units of whatever whacko troops your Inquisitor might want to field, from feudal troops with chainswords and combat shields to high-tech bodyguards with electro-rifles and ion-pistols (obviously made-up names for counts-as weapons, probably just hellguns and hellpistols) to angry mobs armed with pipes and wrenches to anything in between.

It's a bit restrictive at the moment.

I like to think of my Inquisitor as closer to Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars: Rebels. He just uses people to get the job done. Doesn't care about glory or fame. Just results. But he likes to really get involved with his target so he plays a balancing act between falling and standing strong.