WAAAAGH FLASHDAKKA! A journey into yellow... UPDATE! 2/9/17

Sith’ari

"Listen up ya gitz! Mork may have tried ta eat us, but I'z too ard and too flash for dat. Now he'z gone and spat us out into da biggest fight any Ork's ever seen! Dem oomies may be busy duffin each other up, but we'z gonna show em how ta do it proper! Now quit yer bellyaching and get ready for krumpin! WAAAAAAGH!"

- Attributed to Warboss Nazgit Flashdakka. Thought destroyed by the formation of the great rift. Later seen leading an assault on Proxima Cragallum. Record sealed by inquisitorial order.

Greetings fellow bosses!

With the new edition of 40k, a new waaaagh was in order (after selling my last army at the beginning of 7th.) That meant a batch order of green and yellow paint, a ton of Boyz and most importantly of all version 3.0 of Nazgit Flashdakka!

Nazgit has been my boss since the beginning of Gorkamorka, when he started out as just another Morka nob. His trusty Klaw and bionic bonce have been with me ever since, tearing up the tables through most of fourth and fifth edition, before taking a breather for sixth and seventh. Now, with the galaxy in utter chaos, Nazgit and da lads are back and ready for a fight!

http://i.imgur.com/6MnodJx.jpg

Next on the table is a mob of thirty slugga boyz, that just need their bases finishing up. So an update will be coming soon. Until then, stay flash! :biggrin.:

Edited by Boss Flashdakka

Cheers guys!

Just a quick update to say that I'm still plugging away at basing the first thirty ladz. I'm pretty sure that I will have gone mad when they're finally done, but I should have them finished up tonight! So pics to follow very soon. :biggrin.:

Stay flash!

Ahaha! You can't go wrong with a nice flashy yellow (not that I'm biased or anything! :lol: )

So I've finally got the first 30 ladz all based up and ready for krumpin'! I would have had them done sooner, but I completely botched the pigment stage the first time around and had to base them all over again. Let's just say that was not a good day!

http://i.imgur.com/bxdNcJw.jpg

Next up on the table is another 10 boyz and a ded flash trukk for them to ride about in. Hopefully they shouldn't take long!

Stay flashy!

Cheers mate!

The yellow is actually really simple thanks to the new(ish) GW paints.

1. Base coat Averland Sunset.
  2. Go over the Averland sunset with Yriel Yellow. Don't worry if it appears patchy as you wont be able to notice it after the next step.
  3. Wash with Agrax Earthshade. Try to avoid pooling if possible.
  4. Layer with two thin coats of Yriel yellow, leaving the agrax in the recesses.
  5. Edge highlight with Flash Gitz Yellow.
  6. Glaze with lamentors yellow. This helps to brighten the yellow up and tie everything together.
  7. Lightly sponge on some Rhinox hide to create damage.
  8. Very lightly sponge some Ironbreaker over the Rhinox hide to create chipping.

Thats it - Jobz a goodun boss! :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon bosses!

I've been making progress on my Waaagh! and have managed to finish up another ten ladz and a cranky old trukk for them to ride about in:

http://i.imgur.com/QmdY9HK.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/JmYqJAI.jpg?2

Taking a semi decent photo of that trukk was a nightmare! :lol:

Next on the agenda is Ol' Dok Gibblets, who should be open for business VERY soon. Until then Stay flash!

Oi, I like the yellow, mostly in the fact that you didn't over do it. It's clearly there and the theme, but I really like that it isn't plastered over every single flat surface you can manage. Smart move, really makes it more effective, while not overshadowing the green.

That's a good point. You've been very careful with the yellow and since you've picked a very bright yellow that was probably a sensible choice. I like that your Warboss is allowed to wear a bit more of the yellow paint though, it makes him seem more important because his armour is more flashy than the others!

Cheers guys! :D

Yeah, I'm trying to limit the full yellow treatment to the wealthiest ladz in the force. So things like bosses and meganobz plus any major centre pieces that get added later on (who doesn't love a ded flash Morkanaught! :lol:) When I do go full yellow, I tend to weather it quite heavily and then add loads of black flames and dags to stop it looking to obnoxious. B)

Cheers guys! :D

Now, we take a break from our usual topic for this special announcement:

...All cut up? Beakies dun ya in good? Den come see Ol' Dok Gibblitz! He'll fix you up ded propa! Bring a mate and get your spare bitz fur free!

- Translated Ork graffiti found on the broken chapel of St Mekus. Transcribed and incinerated by order of Inquisitor Kaliston.

http://i.imgur.com/X6dD2cN.jpg

Old Dok Gibblitz and his favourite grot Stikka finally joins the Waaagh! He was an absolute nightmare to get a decent picture of and the highlights on the skin have been wiped out by my old school camera, but he's done!

Up next on the table is another thirty boyz, which should keep me going for a while. Until then stay flash! B)