2k Legiones Astartes

LegioIX

Need help with this these two lists. Both are Blood Angels, but im not looking to do anything Blood Angely until they release Sanguinius and the Sanguinary guard, which will probably take a while.

With this one its pretty direct. Three of the Vet Tac Squads sit in reserves waiting to outflank, and the Damocles helps with that

LIST 1

Rite of War - Chosen Duty

HQ:
- Delegatus - Sitting in Damocles
- Damocles Command Rhino

Troops:
All with Marksmen
- 10 man Veteran Squad - AA, Melta bombs, Rhino
- 10 man Veteran Squad - AA, Rhino

Heavy Support:
- Leviathan - AC, Drill, Melta Lance
- Leviathan - AC, Claw, Grav Flux

List 2

With this one, the Damocles helps out with getting the Moritat, Vets, and Fire Raptor in the game, but the Vets dont have Melta Bombs in this case.

Also keep in mind, the Damocles will help the Moritat land on target if its within 24 inches of it, letting him unleash 12 potential melta shots on the turn he comes in on. 

Rite of War - Chosen Duty

HQ:
- Delegatus - Sitting in Damocles
- Damocles Command Rhino
- Moritat - Dual Inferno, AA, Jump Pack, Refractor Field

Troops:
All with Marksmen

Heavy Support:
- Fire Raptor - Hellstrike Missles, autocannon sponsons

Another good thing about both of these lists is that at 2.5 or 3k, i can replace the Delegatus with a Praetor with a Blade of Perdition and add a 10 man Terminator squad, half decked out with chainfists in a Spartan.

Does your play group use the new meltabomb rules? If so having them on every guy is a massive waste. Also I feel like slogging the leviathans may not work as well as you'd like. Even with gun-hands they're probably better off in a pod.

In either list I'd suggest against the moritat. He's basically a free firstblood if you start him on the table, and is of limited use if held in reserve. Maybe drop him and use the points for a couple dreadpods.

Alternatively you could drop the bombs on the vets and take a couple meltaguns or if you can free up the points take two ML with webs. Being able to freely fire krak out of the rhinos is super useful always. If you combine with Marksmen you can pull off some silly shots.

Does your play group use the new meltabomb rules? If so having them on every guy is a massive waste. Also I feel like slogging the leviathans may not work as well as you'd like. Even with gun-hands they're probably better off in a pod.

In either list I'd suggest against the moritat. He's basically a free firstblood if you start him on the table, and is of limited use if held in reserve. Maybe drop him and use the points for a couple dreadpods.

Alternatively you could drop the bombs on the vets and take a couple meltaguns or if you can free up the points take two ML with webs. Being able to freely fire krak out of the rhinos is super useful always. If you combine with Marksmen you can pull off some silly shots.

Thanks for the response :)

They Leviathans dont have any pods on them because FW is no longer selling them.

From what I hear it will be a while before they return, that is IF they return. GW may be working on a plastic version to use for all Dreads since they cant take regular pods any more in 8th edition.

On the subject of the Moritat, its a suicide unit without a doubt. Its meant to deep strike in using the Damocles no scatter bubble, pump out 12 melta shots, and die. On the small chance he actually survives, fall back, and see if he can do it again.

Truth be told, I think Moritats are only really useful for the Blood Angels because of the dual inferno configuration.

They Leviathans dont have any pods on them because FW is no longer selling them.

From what I hear it will be a while before they return, that is IF they return. GW may be working on a plastic version to use for all Dreads since they cant take regular pods any more in 8th edition.

On the subject of the Moritat, its a suicide unit without a doubt. Its meant to deep strike in using the Damocles no scatter bubble, pump out 12 melta shots, and die. On the small chance he actually survives, fall back, and see if he can do it again.

Truth be told, I think Moritats are only really useful for the Blood Angels because of the dual inferno configuration.

Fair enough about the pods. I suppose at least your gaming group can't fault you for using proxies since there's no current official model.

Although I'm still not entirely sold on the mortitat. What can he target that is a guarenteed kill AND will make back his points? The pricier tanks all have ceramite, but I guess it'd :cuss up heavy infantry.

At the very least I'd turn those meltabombs into meltaguns or missile launchers.

Fair enough about the pods. I suppose at least your gaming group can't fault you for using proxies since there's no current official model.

Although I'm still not entirely sold on the mortitat. What can he target that is a guarenteed kill AND will make back his points? The pricier tanks all have ceramite, but I guess it'd :cuss up heavy infantry.

At the very least I'd turn those meltabombs into meltaguns or missile launchers.

Bingo about the Moritat role. He would absolutely eat up terminators, quad mortars, or whatever else that needs to disappear. Edited by m0nolith