Scrimshawing

Armfelt

Greetings brothers and sisters,
I am just wondering if anyone of you have implemented Imperial Fists hobby of scrimshaw in some way? In the fluff it says that they carve on their deseased brothers skeletal hands and wear them as a kind of jewellry.

I got alot of Tomb Kings bits, but they would be a bit too heroic scaled even for Primaris. :tongue.:

As for artwork this is the closest I have found, and is almost a bit Khornish (still cool though!):

75aea7dcb2410fce771a9172730bc802--space-

Edited by Armfelt

I hadn't done it to any bones, per say, but have scribbled script or a close approximation of it on most of my battle brothers armor in various places.

My thoughts were, "All of these Brothers are heroes in their own right, even if they aren't part of the 1st company. They are the top 1% of humanity. They can all have a little bit different armor."

Nice yeah that is a good way of giving them personality. And yes I also see each marine as a hero in their own right.

I totally missed that this guy got skulls and bones on him until I opened the new codex. Even the Crimson Fists seems to bring bones with them.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/6/60/ImperialFistsAstartesSketch.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20130918082421