Command Points - There Relative Value?

Schlitzaf

So I am making a list and came to a simple situation/question, I could either have 10 Command Points and an Emperor's Champion with 1 Squad of Devi with 4 Lascannons. Or I could have 9 Command Points and have 2 Devi Squads with 2 Lascannons each (and some other minor things but that is beside the point at the moment).

And I am torn. I don't know which I should use. The EC is cool, but I'd rather have 2 Devestator Squads to avoid someone Alpha Strike easily killing my Anti-Armor. However the EC comes with a Command Point which are also important/nice. And at this stage I am back and forth which to choose. Which brings up my question, what do you guys value Command Points at both point wise vaguely?

You will probably never notice the difference between 9 CP and 10 CP, but they are valuable. You want at least 6-7. Salamanders basically get multiple free CP and strategems a turn due to their Chapter Tactics, and you would never run a Salamanders army with 0 CP, so that shows CP aren't something to just throw away if you can collect more for free, for example by rearranging your detachments, but if the difference is 1 CP and you already have 9, it's not worth making sacrifices to get +1CP.