Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
771 replies to this topic

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts

Edit: Sorry for posting old news, have been on my phone and checked just the last 3 pages whether someone posted it already blush.png

My brother sent me this (copied from Facebook, no clue how reliable)

Just recieved this in the inbox smile.png

Saw this on another group...

got the new WD - using my eagle eyes, i can see that the csm traits (its dam tiny righting so excuse if i get anything wrong...

Night lord trait is -1 ld for each NL unit within 6 of an enemy. This stacks to a min of ld 1 for the enemy.

Word bearers is re roll failed moral dice.

emperors children is always strike first.

black legion is +1 ld and can always advance and shoot if i see it right - or gain bonuses or no modifiers to advancing and shooting.

Iron warriors - it think its about negating cover or gaining better cover when in cover

alpha legion - scout ability ( like deepstrikes_ but 12 inches away from enemy units.

rengade chapters!!! - cant read it

world eaters - belive it says units in close combat are imune to moral.

edit - seems all csm units get the same objective secured ability that loyalists have.

Edited by DeStinyFiSh, 01 August 2017 - 11:32 AM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

That's now the third time or so it got posted here. :D

• Plaguecaster likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,243 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sentinels

Are there any examples of fast units that can actually get the job done? (within the chaos codex, or from other armies.)

Depends on whether you consider them fast, but Genestealers are solid this edition.

8" move, advance, charge after advancing, 5+ invulnerable, +1 A if the unit has more than 10 models. Rending. All at 10 points per model.

Just fast enough that you can't ignore them, just resilient enough that they can't just be splashed, just killy enough that they can't be tarpitted.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: + Imperial Fists Expansion V +  Tactical Squad

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,823 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

=][=  This thread is getting messy.  The discussion at hand is regarding C: CSM rumours/leaks; if we want to talk about current rules (ie. the Chaos Index), take that to appropriate subforums.  =][=

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Ashe Darke

Ashe Darke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts
Anyone able to sneakily find out the other traits by changing the addresses of the images like what happened with the SM one?

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Nah, they added a random combination of letters and numbers at the end of the links names now. Impossible to find out. :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts

choastrait2.jpg

Looks like Prescience etc is there still. Interested to see if I can use any of that in the interim between CSM and a TS book.

Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Wow what a terrible scan/pic. :D

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Iron Father Ferrum and Augustus b'Raass like this

Disclaimer:

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,272 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands

I started trying to decipher some of the more readable sections and then realized it's in French.

• civsmitty and Marqol like this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,905 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords Legion
Yay for prescience!!!
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Vaughn

Vaughn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars and Dark Angels

I started trying to decipher some of the more readable sections and then realized it's in French.

SACRE BLEU!

"Trust in the Emperor at the hour of battle.
Trust to him to intercede, and protect his warriors true as they deal death on alien soil.
Turn their seas to red with the blood of their slain.
Crush their hopes, their dreams
And turn their songs into cries of lamentation."
- "Uphold the honour of the Emperor", vow of the Black Templars

Minsc

Minsc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts
  • Chapter Name: TS, WE, Sallies.

https://war-of-sigma.../bloggings/2289

1. Alpha Legion = -1 to hit rolls when they are more than 12" away.
2. World Eaters = Extra attack when they make a successful charge.
3. Iron Warriors = Ignore cover when shooting and (I think, I can't be 100%) re-roll saves when themselves are in cover.
4. Black Legion = +1 Ld and Rapid fire weapons count as Assault weapons if the unit advanced.
5. Emperors Children = Attack first in combat just like Slannesh daemons
6. Renegades chapters = Advance and charge
7. Word Bearers = Re-roll failed morale
8. Night Lords = -1 from enemy Ld when within 6" and can stack up to the maximum of - 3 (you could probs use the Raptors ability on top and make it drop an extra -1 too)

World Eaters have a Stratagem that allows them to fight again in the fight phase (so that would be a 3rd time for berzerkers

I'd say everything looks plausable except for IW getting to reroll to their saves when in cover (and he wasn't sure) because that's just outright broken.

As a World Eaters-player I'm happy. +1 A on the charge is both better and fluffier than the other stupid "no morale when in combat"-rumour that was mentioned. No morale from shooting would've made more sense.

Poor Word Bearers got the short end of the stick again. 

Edited by Minsc, 01 August 2017 - 01:04 PM.

• Triszin and sfPanzer like this

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 298 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children

As a baguette-man i tried to decypher this.. Impossible.

The only things i can say is :

- There is Legion specific stratagems (remember the one in the EC teaser is Slaanesh only, but not EC only). I could translate the name of the different stratagems but can't read what they are doing.

As for the spell, all i can see is there is own who turn his victime into chaos spawn.

• Triszin, Ashe Darke, Iron Father Ferrum and 4 others like this

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

So Berzerkers are 8 attacks on the charge, assuming you take the chainsword for the other extra attack. Khorne is pleased.

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts

So Berzerkers are 8 attacks on the charge, assuming you take the chainsword for the other extra attack. Khorne is pleased.

pure chaos! i like it.

banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Pff, they have to reach combat first. 3 Crisis with 2 flamer+ATS each kill 5 Berzerker on average. 5 In their shooting phase and 5 in overwatch. :P

Disclaimer:

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,399 posts

So AL are just Raven Guard?

That's lame.

• Custodian Athiair and Trevak Dal like this

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

civsmitty

civsmitty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts
  • Chapter Name: Alpha Legion

The same trait as Raven Guard? down.gif

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

So these are like.  Almost universally better than the Loyalist ones.

And I'm still just baffled at the Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors (Realizing the former is loyalist!  Bear with me!) it's like they've just... flipped their focuses!  the Fists are the defensive ones, the Warriors the offensive!  Why are the Fists getting offense bonuses and the Warriors defense?  O.o

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

It's only the  Legion Trait. We don't know their Warlord Trait, Stratagem and artefacts yet. ;)

Disclaimer:

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

Pff, they have to reach combat first. 3 Crisis with 2 flamer+ATS each kill 5 Berzerker on average. 5 In their shooting phase and 5 in overwatch. tongue.png

That's why I drive a Rhino into them first :P

• Brother Aiwass likes this

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Pff, they have to reach combat first. 3 Crisis with 2 flamer+ATS each kill 5 Berzerker on average. 5 In their shooting phase and 5 in overwatch. tongue.png

That's why I drive a Rhino into them first tongue.png

Well they have the Fly keyword and could just fall back behind some other unit or terrain if they wanted to. :P

Disclaimer:

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,165 posts

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

The Legion Trait:

The Iron Warriors Legion Trait is Siege Lords:

40kLegionFocus_IronWar_Trait1kbd.jpg

Similar to their bitter rivals, the Imperial Fists, this allows the Iron Warriors to ignore enemy bonuses to cover when shooting. Most Heretic Astartes armies are best used in assault, but the Iron Warriors are a deadly midrange army, easily capable of trading shots with massed infantry.

Top Units

Chaos Terminators are a great unit for Iron Warriors armies. These brutal juggernauts have long been one of the most popular choices for Chaos Space Marines forces thanks to their excellent saves and huge range of wargear, and the new edition has only served to make Chaos Terminators more powerful thanks to an additional Wound and huge improvements to combi-weapons. Give yours combi-flamers and use the Weaver of Fates psychic power and you’ll have a hugely durable firebase, capable of storming even the most redoubtable fortress with hails of punishing firepower.

40kLegionFocus_IronWar_Image2bde-262x500

Daemon Princes in Iron Warriors armies can use the Fleshmetal Exoskeleton for an enormous 2+ armour save and a Wound healed every turn, turning an already durable unit into a nigh-indestructible juggernaut. If you’re looking for a leader for your Iron Warriors army in the new codex, this is it.

40kLegionFocus_IronWar_Image3lzt-500x318

How to use them:

The Iron Warriors way of war isn’t particularly complicated – set up camp on the objectives with your ranged units and unleash hell; the beauty of this army is that even if you’re charged, you’ll be pretty dangerous thanks to the natural proficiency of Chaos Space Marines in close combat. Combined with the Cold and Bitter Warlord Trait, you’ll be able to wear down your opponent while holding fast with huge units of Chaos Space Marines, Cultists and Terminators.

40kLegionFocus_IronWar_Warlord4mvs-500x3

This is the Legion for you if you want to wage grinding, attritional warfare with massed shooting and durable infantry. Come back tomorrow, when we’ll be looking at the masters of fear in the 41st Millennium – the Night Lords.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels

Warhammer Community just confirmed that Iron Warriors have the same Legion tactics as Imperial Fists. Their Warlord trait is Iron Warriors units within 6 " of the warlord pass all morale tests. They also have Fleshmetal Exoskeleton as a relic - 2+ save and regen a wound every turn. I don't have the link as at work and looking on mobile, but this is a little disappointing to me as I wanted to play IW and they just seem a little flat now. Night Lords go!

Edit - Ninja'd!

Edited by Kobrakei, 01 August 2017 - 02:25 PM.

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Oh wow a Sv2+ Daemon Prince that heals itself. That's strong!

The Tzeentch power is pretty neat as well.

The Warlord Trait is...well I still don't think morale is that important, but if other factions get effects like Night Lords it may become pretty important.

The Legion Trait is as rumoured. Strong and fitting. Too bad we didn't get to see their Stratagem tho.

Disclaimer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users