Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
771 replies to this topic

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,986 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Like the Iron Warriors rules, not too flashy but workable. Like Iron itself. 

IRON WITHIN!

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Ammonius, Iron Sage and 1 other like this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Daionosis

Daionosis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts

So according to the last bit, cultists will remain to have the <legion> keyword.. If they also get obsec we will continue to shelve our normal CSM squads. 

EDIT: and seeing as they've showcased a Tzeentch power in an undivided legion, we should be safe to assume undivideds can use marks and thus icons! Could be fun to combine that with the rumoured legion traits -> NL raptors of Nurgle...

Edited by Daionosis, 01 August 2017 - 10:33 PM.

• Petitioner's City likes this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,092 posts

So according to the last bit, cultists will remain to have the <legion> keyword.. If they also get obsec we will continue to shelve our normal CSM squads. 

Speak for yourself; the black legion and word bearer traits can most definitely make some legit use of chaos marines. and LOTS of them! 

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels

The Warhammer 40k facebook page just threw up an IW strategem - Iron Within, Iron Without. 1CP, and a targeted IW model can ignore a wound on a 6+. The unit can then roll for this for the rest of the phase as well. Pretty neat.

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,272 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands

The most important thing I got from that article is that the Undivided Legions can take Marks, otherwise including that Tzeentch-only power makes no sense.  My interest is piqued even further!

• Iron Sage, Petitioner's City, Magpie Knight and 1 other like this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Speak for yourself; the black legion and word bearer traits can most definitely make some legit use of chaos marines. and LOTS of them! 

Yeah as EC I sure won't have to rely on Cultists even if I wouldn't have Noise Marines as troop choice. ^^

The Warhammer 40k facebook page just threw up an IW strategem - Iron Within, Iron Without. 1CP, and a targeted IW model can ignore a wound on a 6+. The unit can then roll for this for the rest of the phase as well. Pretty neat.

A targeted model? Not a whole unit? And only one wound? Meh...I don't think I'd ever spend a CP for that like ever.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Minsc

Minsc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts
  • Chapter Name: TS, WE, Sallies.

Nice to see that IW got to keep their Exoskeleton.

Here's to hoping that WE get's to keep the Berserkers Glavie. :)

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

Sorry, I meant it affects one model, but then the unit keeps the 6+ save against wounds until end of phase.

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

Instagram

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

Okay I found it. Sounds MUCH better worded that way. Works for the whole unit and for every wound it'd lose after that one for that phase.

20526296_1875083006145663_46696195592033

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Ashe Darke

Ashe Darke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts
That psychic power....hello 3++ Magnus.

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Okay I found it. Sounds MUCH better worded that way. Works for the whole unit and for every wound it'd lose after that one for that phase.

...that is so much weaker than emps children it's embarrassing.
  • Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,272 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands

You can Mark vehicles too, don't forget.  Grant a 5++ to a Land Raider, for example.

Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

We don't know the EC Stratagem yet. We only know a generic Chaos Space Marine Stratagem that applies to Slaanesh units. So take a Slaanesh Iron Warrior unit and you can let them shoot twice as well...and give them a 5+ FnP on top of your 6+ FnP when using a Slaanesh Sorcerer.

Disclaimer:

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 469 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
I hope this doesn't mean a return to the UnKillable Units of 6th/7th with all these save buffs we are seeing. And FNP stacking. Or maybe it won't be too bad on the actual table top.
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts

It looks like they will be sticking with what was in the Chaos Index and making all units be dedicated to a specific god without the option for Choas Undivided.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,903 posts

I hope this doesn't mean a return to the UnKillable Units of 6th/7th with all these save buffs we are seeing. And FNP stacking. Or maybe it won't be too bad on the actual table top.

Keep in mind that we also have multi-damage weapons now and FnP abilities prevent damage, not wounds so it's not as strong on infantry against multi-damage weapons as it may sound. ;)

Disclaimer:

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

Thankfully, it is. The Slaanesh stratagem that was shown yesterday was worth 2CPs, whereas this one is worth 1... Had it been as good, why'd anyone ever bother spending 2CPs on the other one?
  • Theduke08 likes this

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
Plus you can use this on a heretic Astartes vehicle as well...daemon engines are going to be ticking over nicely in IW lists

Instagram

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 298 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children

Ok guys, here is the french baguette-croissant with a better screen, i could decipher a little more (i let the title in French) :

Legion specific stratagem : 

World Eater : Mépris pour la sorcellerie
Can cancel a psychic spell at 26 » d’un World Eater on a 4+

Emperor's Children :Excès de violence 
Activate on a Emperor’s Children in combat phase : each time a model of this squad kills a ennemy model he can immediatly make another attack with the same weapon on the same ennemy unit

Night Lord : Drape de Nuit
Activate when a Night lord unit get shot : ennemy must add -1 to hit with ranged weapon for this phase.

Black Legion : Que brule la galaxie
Use it at the begining of a shooting or combat phase on a squad. This squad can reroll all 1 to hit for this phase. There is something more if the squad is a Chaos Space marine squad but can't read it (something reroll all miss rolls or also the 1 roll to wound.

Word Bearer : Pacte Noir
Use it when you are about to summon a daemon with a World Bearer character. You can reroll any roll for your summoning (they re is something with double and triple i cannot read

Alpha Legion : Agents avancé :
Use when deploying your army. A unit can be set in ambush and appear at the start of the first turn of alpha legion anywhere on the table at X" (cant read) of ennemy unit.

Dark Hereticus spell :

Maléfice fatal :

CW x : choose a unit at 12". Until the (or your ?) next psychic phase this unit dont have any invulnerable save.

Don du chaos :
Choose a unit at 6" et roll 1D6. If the result is below target's thougness she suffer 1D3+3 mortal wound. If a character is killed by this spell he's turn into a chaos spawn.

XXXX :
Something about a Force bonus i think.

• Sersi, Minsc, Iron Sage and 2 others like this

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede
Gods, I love rumors.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,517 posts

You can Mark vehicles too, don't forget.  Grant a 5++ to a Land Raider, for example.

pff. you have dreads and knights that are god dedicted. Can you imagine a high inv leviathan or demonic knight ?

• Brother Aiwass and Ammonius like this

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede

pff. you have dreads and knights that are god dedicted. Can you imagine a high inv leviathan or demonic knight ?

Good point, that is very cool.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,570 posts

It looks like they will be sticking with what was in the Chaos Index and making all units be dedicated to a specific god without the option for Choas Undivided.

That's not what the index says at all.  Anything can be marked, or you can be undivided (ie, have no mark).  There's even an icon exclusively for non-marked units.

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

Hopefully we'll get an idea of what sort of benefit you'd get for marking your units Khorne in lieu of specialized psychic powers when they release the World Eaters preview...

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

Minsc

Minsc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts
  • Chapter Name: TS, WE, Sallies.

Thanks for deciphering that, DreamIsCollapsing. :)

Seems that AL didn't just get the same chapter tactics as RG, but the same stratagem as well...

That's quite lazy and unimaginative. 

That WE got the same stratagem as BT doesn't surprise me though, it's fluffy and fills a role in an army that's prevented from fielding psykers.

I think the "attack one extra time"-stratagem is still in the codex, but not restricted to WE.
It's in the SM-codex after all, wouldn't be at all surprised if it's in the CSM-codex as well.

Edited by Minsc, 01 August 2017 - 05:26 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users