Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

TheRickRoberts

TheRickRoberts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
I was looking at the marine codex in iBooks and I saw the chaos space marine codex preorder for august 5th
  • Teetengee likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,170 posts

Already a thread in News & Rumours.

Date makes a lot of sense though, as this is the date for the Black Legion preorder

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

USNCenturion

USNCenturion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts
More details? What's the Black Legion preorder? A book? A set?

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,170 posts

Novel by ADB, sequel to Talon of Horus. Talon of Horus was a huge success so it makes sense they'd link the releases together as this book is highly anticipated. You can find it on the Black Library website

• Brother Aiwass and Silverson like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,520 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Legion

Novel by ADB, sequel to Talon of Horus. Talon of Horus was a huge success so it makes sense they'd link the releases together as this book is highly anticipated. You can find it on the Black Library website

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. I want my First Edition copy ! Don't spread the word about it !

• Marshal Loss and Plaguecaster like this

vesper.png Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns, Lord of the Lions of the Despoiler.

USNCenturion

USNCenturion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts
Hehe don't worry Vesper, I have Magnus the Red and the Ahriman omnibus to read for the next few months
  • Vesper likes this

TheRickRoberts

TheRickRoberts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
06D98714-A36A-41DD-B34D-459EAF459FFA_zps

Edited by TheRickRoberts, 28 July 2017 - 01:43 AM.

TheRickRoberts

TheRickRoberts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
A2CCD36A-FCE1-4CA4-864D-B2A9A7EB1785_zps

2A4D89F4-12A8-47D3-B085-0C95BE76EB84_zps

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,099 posts

this bodes well for my beloved 1k sons and my fledgling death guard. 

Fantastic!

Zodd1888

Zodd1888

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

this bodes well for my beloved 1k sons and my fledgling death guard.

Fantastic!

Agreed. This would allude to either TSons being in the first 10 releases or early on in the next block. Excellent.

Yarmoss

Yarmoss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
So if World Eaters and Emperor's Children are in this codex then the chance of them getting their own book for 8th Ed is, what, somewhere between fat chance and no chance? verymad.gif

Edited by Yarmoss, 28 July 2017 - 05:10 AM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,968 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

The chance for them to get their own Codex remains unchanged. It just means they won't be getting one within the next few months....which is not exactly surprising since we're still waiting for the Death Guard Codex to drop and we still haven't gotten ANY leaks or rumours about them or their models anyway. ;)

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children

Wich date to trust ? 5th or 22 of august ?

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,968 posts

I'd say 22nd.

I mean even if that's not the likely date, it's better to expect the later and get positively surprised than the other way around. :D

• Berzerker88 likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Slaanbull

Slaanbull

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cult of the Twin Tailed
Well, the 22. is a tuesday while the fifth is a saturday, one of them seems more in tune with usual releases.
Also; I'm hoping for the fifth as on the twentieth a couple of buddies and I are leaving for a short fate of konor centered holiday. ;)

Fortnight

Fortnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 967 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords
World Eaters and Emperors Children will come. World Eaters likely first of the two. Though I'd be pleasantly surprised if EC was first. What I'm really curious about is if Typhus and Ahriman are in this codex. If not it bodes well for future special characters. I'm not super excited for this edition of the codex, but I'm extremely excited for the one that will come next.

Ashe Darke

Ashe Darke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts
'Army abilities and wargear lists, alongside a brief explanation of their use and the the use of keywords'

Could be marks?

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,968 posts

I think the part about Legion tactics for Renegades is much more interesting. ;)

• El_Dicko likes this

Disclaimer:

Insane Psychopath

Insane Psychopath

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,715 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors

Wich date to trust ? 5th or 22 of august ?

White Dwarf out next week, so hopeful we will see something.  Ether way I'm looking forward to this :D 

Interested in the Renegade rule as well, just mean for Red Corsair for exsample.

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page

Call_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Badge_05.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_10383_9506.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1975.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 978 - GW Glasgow best army 2005, Conflict Scotland 02/05: 12th/top 5 best army, UKGT heat 1: 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V, Stirling Rapid Fire 06: 2nd/08: 4th+2nd Best army/09 8th+Best Army/13 Best army/14 Army Nominee/15 Best army+Chaos, 40k Radio 08: 5th Scotland-38th World, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby Champion 08, ELG Conpulsion 09 2nd place, ELG Counter Attack 09: 4th+Best army, Throne of Skull: April12-2nd best army nominee+2nd Chaos race/Oct12: Best army winner/Nov12 Best army nominee+Infamous Unit/March13 Best army nominee-Sept13 Best army nominee/March 14 Best army nominee, Conflict Scotland 13 Best army, Fire Storm 13/16: 2nd Best army, Winter War 13: Best army-14: Best army+Chaos race, Winter War 15, Armies on Parade 2012/15, Clan War 15 Best army+Diorama/16: Best army, Throne of Skulls March 16-Army nominee, ToS Sept 16-Army nominee/Legend Tank & unit, White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.

Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,906 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords Legion
Blurb says 45 datasheets, does that cover everything?
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

I think the part about Legion tactics for Renegades is much more interesting. ;)

Me too, I've been considering throwing together a small force of tzeentch renegades, either Scourged or Oracles of Change.
  • Scourged likes this

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,570 posts

So if World Eaters and Emperor's Children are in this codex then the chance of them getting their own book for 8th Ed is, what, somewhere between fat chance and no chance? verymad.gif

They'll get codeces when they get their cult release waves.  Probably still in 8th edition - unless 8th edition rolls into 9th sooner than anyone expects at this point.  But since you're in the CSM codex, you almost certainly won't be getting your own codeces / release waves this year.  I expect at least one of the remaining cult legions to get their release next year, but that's pure guesswork on my part.

Me too, I've been considering throwing together a small force of tzeentch renegades, either Scourged or Oracles of Change.

It's possible that some of the former aligned renegade forces may be retconned into cult legion subfactions, so it might be worth waiting until the Thousand Sons book is out before starting Scourged or the like as a tzeentch renegade army.

Edited by malisteen, 28 July 2017 - 12:21 PM.

Ashe Darke

Ashe Darke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts

Blurb says 45 datasheets, does that cover everything?

I did a quick count and can 41 that there are definitely models for (not counting fortifications) or kits to make the models.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,998 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
This just brings the stuff up to 8th edition, and it will give GW time to make new subfactions.
Eh. Might pick this up for the fluff.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,968 posts

For the fluff and possible point reductions for things like the Maulerfiend. :P

Disclaimer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users