Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

Someone posted this on Facebook, tough to read but...

http://i.imgur.com/P827PZ2.jpg

3 CP to have a unit attack again at the end of the combat phase is one thing I could read. Veterans of the Long War is a different stratagem that appears to add +1 to wound.

Wow that sounds awesome. And even tho it's incredibly tiny, the resolution is good enough to read it actually. Nice leak!

Well, that's not unexpected. Loyalists still have chapter tactics, so we'll have legion rules. But with GW you never know (yeah, gavdex :D ), so I'm glad anyway. Traitor Legions rules were pretty good, but slightly unwieldy with all those formations, so I wonder what kind of stuff we'll get.

P.S.: Berzerkers are still same old models :(

Very happy for you guys to be getting a book for the 7 Legions and Renegades. I hope that I can hold off on CSM and just wait for the TS book and use the Index for basic profiles like Predator and Rhino. Not interested in lugging tons of books around

I hope the +1 to-wound Stratagem works for ranged weapons as well. Can't wait to drown my enemy in 30 Sonic Blaster shots that wound on 2+/3+. :P

P.S.: Berzerkers are still same old models :sad.:

Of course they are. New Berzerker models wouldn't get released with the CSM Codex. That's something for a WE Codex. :wink:

I hope you're right) I've played against primaris marines and my berzerkers look like they are twice smaller than primaris, and Khârn looks like a midget (alright, a midget who chopped his way through half Space Marine army) even though he's standing on a pile of skulls that's almost 1" in height  :biggrin.:

Edited by Deadman Wade

The lack of a Collector's Edition and the reused cover art probably means the ACTUALLY completed, tested and shiny new codex will be out in 2018. That's my guess anyway.

With the omission of the Thousand Sons I couldn't help but wonder if the Cult-'Dexs with end up being able to take the god's daemons? They sure have shown up a lot in the 'example of gameplay' pictures with the Death Guard. Thousand Sons  Plus Khorne Daemonkin was well received(ish).

Edited by Lord Marshal

P.S.: Berzerkers are still same old models :sad.:

Of course they are. New Berzerker models wouldn't get released with the CSM Codex. That's something for a WE Codex. :wink:

I hope you're right) I've played against primaris marines and my berzerkers look like they are twice smaller than primaris, and Khârn looks like a midget (alright, a midget who chopped his way through half Space Marine army) even though he's standing on a pile of skulls that's almost 1" in height  :biggrin.:

I would surmise you aren't using the new plastic Khârn?  That bugger is HUGE. (that dude lifts, he is JACKED) 

The lack of a Collector's Edition and the reused cover art probably means the ACTUALLY completed, tested and shiny new codex will be out in 2018. That's my guess anyway.

What do you mean? On the right side in the grey box it says:

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Codex: Chaos Space Marines Collector's Edition

Datacards: Grey Knights

Datacards: Chaos Space Marines

There's clearly a collector's edition for Chaos Space Marines. What could have happened tho is, that the actual planned cover art didn't get finished in time or they simply didn't plan a new one because at the rate they're planning to release all the Codices there's just no time to give everyone a new cover art.

In the scans of the Grey Knight news&rumours thread we can even see the price of the Collector's Edition.

med_gallery_59703_7255_547949.jpg

Edited by sfPanzer

The white dwarf article says that there will be 10 psychic power cards in the CSM datacard pack. One is smite (as it's shown below) and the iBooks summary says we get a Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh specific power. So that leaves six. Looks like Dark Hereticus gets expanded to a full sized psychic discipline plus the god specific powers. I wasn't expecting that much. Awesome.

I wasn't expecting that much.

Why didn't you? The loyalist discipline got expanded to 6 spells as well. That's the least thing I've been expecting them to do with psychic stuff. ^^

I wasn't expecting that much.

Why didn't you? The loyalist discipline got expanded to 6 spells as well. That's the least thing I've been expecting them to do with psychic stuff. ^^

I just figured they'd count the three god specefics and the three from the index. So that marked sorcs could only choose from four and unmarked would get three, but they'd tell us we had six and that we should have never betrayed the Emperor.

I guess I'm just used to having low expectations. I'm happy to have been wrong though.

Very curious to see which renegade chaos warband is going to get their own "legion tactic" my guess would be either Crimson Slaughter or Res Corsairs, my hope being for Red Corsairs since I've always found them more interesting. Either way I'm very excited for the codex and special abilities for my WBs.

Honestly I'm super excited about this, but I really need some new models.

I was crushed when GW marginalized Crimson Slaughter and gave little to Black Legion. I enjoyed Thosesand Sons immensely but I've played 'generic' chaos so long that I have very optimistic feelings about this codex. I always think back to the main rules writers during the eve of 8th saying they neglected Chaos too long and that was going to change for the next year.

It's just too bad for me all of this has to be within weeks of Ultramarines and so many more kits to buy. But yea, I can't tell you how excited I am about this release, even wondering about the limited edition. The loyalist was too much coin for me.

I think Abaddon is gong to be about 200. The strategems will be very big here. (I wonder what the chance is they will make Crimson Slaughter playable).

Very curious to see which renegade chaos warband is going to get their own "legion tactic" my guess would be either Crimson Slaughter or Res Corsairs, my hope being for Red Corsairs since I've always found them more interesting. Either way I'm very excited for the codex and special abilities for my WBs.

Games Workshop seemed to realise nobody liked the Crimson Slaughter when they pretty much wiped them out in Traitor's Hate. 

The impression I got was that "renegades" as a general group are getting a legion tactic, not a specific renegade chapter.  Just like 'Black Legion' will apply to any black legion warband (Hounds of Abaddon, Bringers of Decay, etc), 'chaos renegades' will apply to any non-legion-affiliated renegade chapter, whether it's the Crimson Slaughter or the Red Corsairs or what have you.

The white dwarf article says that there will be 10 psychic power cards in the CSM datacard pack. One is smite (as it's shown below) and the iBooks summary says we get a Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh specific power. So that leaves six. Looks like Dark Hereticus gets expanded to a full sized psychic discipline plus the god specific powers. I wasn't expecting that much. Awesome.

Why would they release Nurgle or Tzeencht spells ?

Makes more sense to get Smite + 6 Dark hereticus + 3 Slaanesh.

Then 3 Nurgle in Death Guard codex

Then 3 Tzeencht in Thousand Son codex

No ?