Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,587 posts

Sounds pretty good.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,915 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Someone posted this on Facebook, tough to read but...

P827PZ2.jpg

3 CP to have a unit attack again at the end of the combat phase is one thing I could read. Veterans of the Long War is a different stratagem that appears to add +1 to wound.

Wow that sounds awesome. And even tho it's incredibly tiny, the resolution is good enough to read it actually. Nice leak!

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Deadman Wade

Deadman Wade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

Well, that's not unexpected. Loyalists still have chapter tactics, so we'll have legion rules. But with GW you never know (yeah, gavdex :D ), so I'm glad anyway. Traitor Legions rules were pretty good, but slightly unwieldy with all those formations, so I wonder what kind of stuff we'll get.

P.S.: Berzerkers are still same old models :(

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gifCall_of_Chaos_Badge_04.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,915 posts

P.S.: Berzerkers are still same old models sad.png

Of course they are. New Berzerker models wouldn't get released with the CSM Codex. That's something for a WE Codex. ;)

• Plaguecaster, Deadman Wade and Berzerker88 like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,915 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
med_gallery_59703_7255_65028.jpg
Pre orders up on the 5th and released on the 12th alongside grey knights plus there is a limited edition which will hopefully not have the same artwork as the codex
  • Insane Psychopath likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,546 posts

Very happy for you guys to be getting a book for the 7 Legions and Renegades. I hope that I can hold off on CSM and just wait for the TS book and use the Index for basic profiles like Predator and Rhino. Not interested in lugging tons of books around

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
  • Faction: Angels Infernal
That +1 to wound strategem is going to make it very easy for Berzerkers to punch tanks and walkers to death...can't wait!
  • Cheex and 1000 Sons like this

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,915 posts

I hope the +1 to-wound Stratagem works for ranged weapons as well. Can't wait to drown my enemy in 30 Sonic Blaster shots that wound on 2+/3+. :P

Disclaimer:

Insane Psychopath

Insane Psychopath

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,898 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Pre orders up on the 5th and released on the 12th alongside grey knights plus there is a limited edition which will hopefully not have the same artwork as the codex

Any sign limited ed codex? Save £150 for a chaos release since last year.

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page

Call_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Badge_05.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_10383_9506.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1975.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1012 - GW Glasgow best army 2005, Conflict Scotland 02/05: 12th/top 5 best army, UKGT heat 1: 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V, Stirling Rapid Fire 06: 2nd/08: 4th+2nd Best army/09 8th+Best Army/13 Best army/14 Army Nominee/15 Best army+Chaos, 40k Radio 08: 5th Scotland-38th World, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby Champion 08, ELG Conpulsion 09 2nd place, ELG Counter Attack 09: 4th+Best army, Throne of Skull: April12-2nd best army nominee+2nd Chaos race/Oct12: Best army winner/Nov12 Best army nominee+Infamous Unit/March13 Best army nominee-Sept13 Best army nominee/March 14 Best army nominee, Conflict Scotland 13 Best army, Fire Storm 13/16: 2nd Best army, Winter War 13: Best army-14: Best army+Chaos race, Winter War 15, Armies on Parade 2012/15, Clan War 15 Best army+Diorama/16: Best army, Throne of Skulls March 16-Army nominee, ToS Sept 16-Army nominee/Legend Tank & unit, White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.

Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,011 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Any sign limited ed codex? Save £150 for a chaos release since last year.
Thanks for reminding me to save money for Black Legion. The set must be completed.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Deadman Wade

Deadman Wade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

Of course they are. New Berzerker models wouldn't get released with the CSM Codex. That's something for a WE Codex. msn-wink.gif

I hope you're right) I've played against primaris marines and my berzerkers look like they are twice smaller than primaris, and Khârn looks like a midget (alright, a midget who chopped his way through half Space Marine army) even though he's standing on a pile of skulls that's almost 1" in height  biggrin.png

Edited by Deadman Wade, 29 July 2017 - 02:57 PM.

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gifCall_of_Chaos_Badge_04.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpg

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

The lack of a Collector's Edition and the reused cover art probably means the ACTUALLY completed, tested and shiny new codex will be out in 2018. That's my guess anyway.

With the omission of the Thousand Sons I couldn't help but wonder if the Cult-'Dexs with end up being able to take the god's daemons? They sure have shown up a lot in the 'example of gameplay' pictures with the Death Guard. Thousand Sons  Plus Khorne Daemonkin was well received(ish).

Edited by Lord Marshal, 29 July 2017 - 03:38 PM.

• Fortnight likes this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,469 posts

Of course they are. New Berzerker models wouldn't get released with the CSM Codex. That's something for a WE Codex. msn-wink.gif

I hope you're right) I've played against primaris marines and my berzerkers look like they are twice smaller than primaris, and Khârn looks like a midget (alright, a midget who chopped his way through half Space Marine army) even though he's standing on a pile of skulls that's almost 1" in height  biggrin.png

I would surmise you aren't using the new plastic Khârn?  That bugger is HUGE. (that dude lifts, he is JACKED) 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,915 posts

The lack of a Collector's Edition and the reused cover art probably means the ACTUALLY completed, tested and shiny new codex will be out in 2018. That's my guess anyway.

What do you mean? On the right side in the grey box it says:

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

Codex: Chaos Space Marines Collector's Edition

Datacards: Grey Knights

Datacards: Chaos Space Marines

There's clearly a collector's edition for Chaos Space Marines. What could have happened tho is, that the actual planned cover art didn't get finished in time or they simply didn't plan a new one because at the rate they're planning to release all the Codices there's just no time to give everyone a new cover art.

In the scans of the Grey Knight news&rumours thread we can even see the price of the Collector's Edition.

med_gallery_59703_7255_547949.jpg

Edited by sfPanzer, 29 July 2017 - 03:44 PM.

Disclaimer:

Magpie Knight

Magpie Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts
The white dwarf article says that there will be 10 psychic power cards in the CSM datacard pack. One is smite (as it's shown below) and the iBooks summary says we get a Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh specific power. So that leaves six. Looks like Dark Hereticus gets expanded to a full sized psychic discipline plus the god specific powers. I wasn't expecting that much. Awesome.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,915 posts

I wasn't expecting that much.

Why didn't you? The loyalist discipline got expanded to 6 spells as well. That's the least thing I've been expecting them to do with psychic stuff. ^^

Disclaimer:

1000 Sons

1000 Sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 832 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Hope it isn't just one power each for the god.  Thought it was 3 spells for each god branch and smite as the 10.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

Magpie Knight

Magpie Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts

I wasn't expecting that much.

Why didn't you? The loyalist discipline got expanded to 6 spells as well. That's the least thing I've been expecting them to do with psychic stuff. ^^

I just figured they'd count the three god specefics and the three from the index. So that marked sorcs could only choose from four and unmarked would get three, but they'd tell us we had six and that we should have never betrayed the Emperor.

I guess I'm just used to having low expectations. I'm happy to have been wrong though.
  • sfPanzer likes this

Lord Asvaldir

Lord Asvaldir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,747 posts
  • Faction: WB, NL, DE
Very curious to see which renegade chaos warband is going to get their own "legion tactic" my guess would be either Crimson Slaughter or Res Corsairs, my hope being for Red Corsairs since I've always found them more interesting. Either way I'm very excited for the codex and special abilities for my WBs.

The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,432 posts
Honestly I'm super excited about this, but I really need some new models.

I was crushed when GW marginalized Crimson Slaughter and gave little to Black Legion. I enjoyed Thosesand Sons immensely but I've played 'generic' chaos so long that I have very optimistic feelings about this codex. I always think back to the main rules writers during the eve of 8th saying they neglected Chaos too long and that was going to change for the next year.

It's just too bad for me all of this has to be within weeks of Ultramarines and so many more kits to buy. But yea, I can't tell you how excited I am about this release, even wondering about the limited edition. The loyalist was too much coin for me.

I think Abaddon is gong to be about 200. The strategems will be very big here. (I wonder what the chance is they will make Crimson Slaughter playable).
  • Iron Father Ferrum likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Very curious to see which renegade chaos warband is going to get their own "legion tactic" my guess would be either Crimson Slaughter or Res Corsairs, my hope being for Red Corsairs since I've always found them more interesting. Either way I'm very excited for the codex and special abilities for my WBs.

Games Workshop seemed to realise nobody liked the Crimson Slaughter when they pretty much wiped them out in Traitor's Hate. 

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

I hope the fluff bits expand on what's going on in the Scourge Stars and the Stygius Sector. Ordinary humans living under chaos rule isn't explored nearly as often as it should be. 

• Iron Father Ferrum, Juggernut and Magpie Knight like this

malisteen

malisteen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,587 posts

The impression I got was that "renegades" as a general group are getting a legion tactic, not a specific renegade chapter.  Just like 'Black Legion' will apply to any black legion warband (Hounds of Abaddon, Bringers of Decay, etc), 'chaos renegades' will apply to any non-legion-affiliated renegade chapter, whether it's the Crimson Slaughter or the Red Corsairs or what have you.

• Juggernut and sfPanzer like this

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

The white dwarf article says that there will be 10 psychic power cards in the CSM datacard pack. One is smite (as it's shown below) and the iBooks summary says we get a Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh specific power. So that leaves six. Looks like Dark Hereticus gets expanded to a full sized psychic discipline plus the god specific powers. I wasn't expecting that much. Awesome.

Why would they release Nurgle or Tzeencht spells ?

Makes more sense to get Smite + 6 Dark hereticus + 3 Slaanesh.

Then 3 Nurgle in Death Guard codex

Then 3 Tzeencht in Thousand Son codex

No ?

• sfPanzer likes this

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
Because there are still God-aligned sorcerers from other legions, and so this way they will still get the option for a God-specific power without having to buy a separate codex.
  • Nurgleprobe likes this

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users