Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

That's a pretty nice errata on the sarge gear. Means I can power my raptors up a bit more.

Yeah, I'm happy about it.  I've got other stuff to work on first - finishing my defiler, some terminators I have coming in the mail, but I'll be converting some new unit champions for my CSMs after that thanks to this ruling.  I'm thinking combi-plasmaguns from evil craft, plus sheathed swords from the berzerker sprues to represent power swords.  And my 'zerker champ can go back to being wysiwyg with his power fist and combi melta.

Now if only they'd make my chosen wysiwyg again by giving them back their ubergrit....

Yeah, giving Chosen back their golf bag of weapons would help them out a lot in this edition and set them apart a bit.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

I totally missed the section on sarges! That is awesome. Sadly giving the champion more gear next to his combi weapon gets expensive pretty quick but it is cool we have the option again.

Certainly true but due to the small discount on Lightning Claws and Power Fist it´s actually not more expensive as it used to be :) Even a Plasma Pistol/Combi Weapon combination is relatively affordable. All in all the extra gear is neat and the Combi Weapons are costed well enough to make it good but not out of bounds for it's costs.

I totally missed the section on sarges! That is awesome. Sadly giving the champion more gear next to his combi weapon gets expensive pretty quick but it is cool we have the option again.

Certainly true but due to the small discount on Lightning Claws and Power Fist it´s actually not more expensive as it used to be :smile.: Even a Plasma Pistol/Combi Weapon combination is relatively affordable. All in all the extra gear is neat and the Combi Weapons are costed well enough to make it good but not out of bounds for it's costs.

A combi flamer or even a baseline combi bolter seems like a good take on most champions. Cheap firepower isn't to be sneezed at. Not Havocs because the sarge is ablative but on pretty much anything else. 

A combi flamer sarge on 2x5 flamer havocs is worth the points imo, because that's 7 more flamer hits.

I was thinking of heavy weapon havocs, but yeah the special weapons guys can benefit from the combi weapon on the sarge.

Likewise, I missed that and it means my old boltgun/power fist Havoc Champ is still usable as is. I'll probably end up with some Aspiring Champions with combi-bolters as well for cheap extra firepower in my troops choices.