Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

The white dwarf article says that there will be 10 psychic power cards in the CSM datacard pack. One is smite (as it's shown below) and the iBooks summary says we get a Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh specific power. So that leaves six. Looks like Dark Hereticus gets expanded to a full sized psychic discipline plus the god specific powers. I wasn't expecting that much. Awesome.

Why would they release Nurgle or Tzeencht spells ?

Makes more sense to get Smite + 6 Dark hereticus + 3 Slaanesh.

Then 3 Nurgle in Death Guard codex

Then 3 Tzeencht in Thousand Son codex

No ?

Pff. Smite + 6 Slaanesh + 3 Dark hereticus obviously. :P

Very curious to see which renegade chaos warband is going to get their own "legion tactic" my guess would be either Crimson Slaughter or Res Corsairs, my hope being for Red Corsairs since I've always found them more interesting. Either way I'm very excited for the codex and special abilities for my WBs.

The impression I got was that "renegades" as a general group are getting a legion tactic, not a specific renegade chapter. Just like 'Black Legion' will apply to any black legion warband (Hounds of Abaddon, Bringers of Decay, etc), 'chaos renegades' will apply to any non-legion-affiliated renegade chapter, whether it's the Crimson Slaughter or the Red Corsairs or what have you.

Hmm, that could be the case. I can't imagine what sort of trait would suitably represent the diverse range of renegade chapters but I suppose we'll see in two weeks.

I hope the fluff bits expand on what's going on in the Scourge Stars and the Stygius Sector. Ordinary humans living under chaos rule isn't explored nearly as often as it should be. 

That's why I loved the Black Crusade RPG. It was such a different thing to be reading about planets 'controlled' by Chaos worshippers and how ordinary people make a living. I wouldn't expect much from a Chaos Space Marine codex to elaborate on normal humans though, unless it's "dude they're so evil and they treat petty mortals like crap lmao." That's why I'm still holding out for a proper mainline Lost and Damned/Renegades and Heretics codex.

I don't really get why a Nurgle Sorcerer in a Black Legion or whatever warband should get different spell then a Death Guard Nurgle Sorcerer.

All you get with this is frustration.. Frustration for non-DG Warband to get only 1 Nurgle spell and why a non DG sorcerer should know a Nurgle spell a DG Sorcerer doesn't ?

6 spell for all god (exept the red one) is much better imo. And give DG/TS Stratagem or relic to boost their respective dark god spell. 

Eh I don't care. It's mostly about balance so you can't cherry pick psychic powers with a Legion that's not bound by a mark of a specific god.

I had talked to my local GW about codexs and he laid it out that all of the codexs that were in print last edition are going to be brought up to speed this year. From the time that marines have dropped (yesterday) to one year from now all of that will be filled with codexes to bring all the armies up to snuff. So maybe we see a khorne book, maybe we see a thousand sons one, but I am 99.99999999% certain we will not see a renegades from heretics dex (as FW did it to copy EoT from back in the day) as well as a slaanesh, dark mech or anything else that hasn't already been printed. GW wants to get updates to those armies that currently are in play instead of throwing entirely new armies out at us.

I am stoked that they are finally releasing legion rules. And we weren't the first out of the gate which hasn't fared to well for us in the past. So all in all I'm pretty stoked.

I had talked to my local GW about codexs and he laid it out that all of the codexs that were in print last edition are going to be brought up to speed this year. From the time that marines have dropped (yesterday) to one year from now all of that will be filled with codexes to bring all the armies up to snuff. So maybe we see a khorne book, maybe we see a thousand sons one, but I am 99.99999999% certain we will not see a renegades from heretics dex (as FW did it to copy EoT from back in the day) as well as a slaanesh, dark mech or anything else that hasn't already been printed. GW wants to get updates to those armies that currently are in play instead of throwing entirely new armies out at us.

I am stoked that they are finally releasing legion rules. And we weren't the first out of the gate which hasn't fared to well for us in the past. So all in all I'm pretty stoked.

Last of the update codexes we'll see 9e not long after 

Then the process begins again... ;)

I don't think we'll see a new edition for awhile. GW has adapted a living rule set model for the most part, which should hopefully reduce the need for a entirely new edition for quite some time. That said, updated points and a new "not a Generals Handbook" could likely be an annual thing.

This codex is setting a baseline for the rest of the edition. They seem, at least for now, to be pretty on top of amending things, answering questions, etc. Adding new/updated units after the fact won't be a big deal, either. I'm surprisingly optimistic.

*cough* Death Guard *cough*

No seriously, I know that their focus will be on releasing a Codex for every faction that used to have one in 7th but I doubt there won't be anything new inbetween in the span of a year or more and I also doubt there will be a KDK Codex since we basically have daemonkin already with the faction keyword system.

No seriously, I know that their focus will be on releasing a Codex for every faction that used to have one in 7th but I doubt there won't be anything new inbetween in the span of a year or more and I also doubt there will be a KDK Codex since we basically have daemonkin already with the faction keyword system.

The KDK matter need to be reformulate in a less "I'm a Khorn player with alread 50% percent of the chaos models but i want more attention" : what about Daemonkind ?

We already know chaos daemon will have special stratagem. My guess is common stratagem for chaos + special stratagems for Nurgle/Slaanesh/Tzeencht/Khorn.

So what about a monotheist army without chaos for all unit (like Khorn Space marin + Khorn daemon) ?

GW said in their second FAQ that stacking common faction keyworld will add more stratagems. They used the Blood Angel for example : Saying they will get Imperium, Space Marine and Blood Angel stratagems.

We know now that was a lie, as Blood Angel can't use Space marine stratagems. So i don't think a list mixing Space marine and daemon of the same god will have that god bonus adding to their Legion trait.  

White Dwarf just arrive.

​ADB Black Legion novel is on advance order the 12th & release 19th August, both standard & limited ed.  Article/guide on Chaos Marines from page 72.

It's pre-orders from the 5th, information must have changed since publication.

Mind saying what the hint is for next week month's White Dwarf? Anything Nurgle related?

Edited by Marshal Loss

White Dwarf just arrive.

​ADB Black Legion novel is on advance order the 12th & release 19th August, both standard & limited ed.  Article/guide on Chaos Marines from page 72.

Mind saying what the hint is for next week month's White Dwarf? Anything Nurgle related?

Codex Chaos Space Marines is still the 5th, release 12th.

​ADB novel, Black Legion is advance order 12th, release 19th

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/august/black-legion-ebook.html

Edit - Nothing on Nurgle.  But we saw Space Marines been release by the end of July (weekend just been) & then codex Chaos & Grey Knight both been release on the same day.  So who know, maybe see something end of September??

Edited by Insane Psychopath

White Dwarf just arrive.

Codex Chaos Space Marines is still the 5th, release 12th.

​ADB novel, Black Legion is advance order 12th, release 19th

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/august/black-legion-ebook.html

Edit - Nothing on Nurgle.  But we saw Space Marines been release by the end of July (weekend just been) & then codex Chaos & Grey Knight both been release on the same day.  So who know, maybe see something end of September??

It's the 5th, says so down the bottom of the page.

http://i.imgur.com/sBENrkg.png

And damn. I still expect DG in September, but I also expected a teaser message like 'Angel of Decay' or something, seeing as Space Marines got Index Astartes for their release month.

edit: just realised that 'Index Astartes' referred to the article not their codex, so I guess the lack of a hint means nothing

Edited by Marshal Loss

So, anyone else just sort of camped on the warhammer community page spamming f5?  I haven't been this hung up on a web site update since Homestuck's glory days.

Haha yeah. So glad my boss isn't here today. Tho I expect the article to go live in about half an hour as usual. :P

:censored:, I have to go in for a lunch meeting, hopefully it will be done by then...  :tongue.:

alright, I'm back, still no update.  Just going to take the laptop with me to the filing room so I can keep checking.

This wait is killing me.

Edited by malisteen