Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

I would be happy with that too, now if they could just resurrect my Apothecary counts as IoE models for me... :tongue.:

Yeah that's potentially the one change I dislike the most about all the faction specific changes in 8th. :(

If that morale immunity in CC for the World Eaters is correct, that would certainly be one of most powerful Legion/Chapter Tactics in the game...EC hitting first is pretty nasty too.

EDIT: Wow the Night Lords one is actually pretty ridiculous...

Edited by OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

All look pretty good. I've never lost more than 1 Berzerker to morale so far so it hasn't affected me much, but it would be very nice to just not care about it at all. EC and NLs look super good and the others seem appropriate. 

IWs will hopefully not be cookie-cutter from the Imperial Fists. *shrug*

All look pretty good. I've never lost more than 1 Berzerker to morale so far so it hasn't affected me much, but it would be very nice to just not care about it at all. EC and NLs look super good and the others seem appropriate.

IWs will hopefully not be cookie-cutter from the Imperial Fists. *shrug*

I hope IW isn't that boring/lazy. I actually want to start an IW army for once

Maybe I'm underestimating the effects of morale and battleshock in general, but if this is true the Word Bearers legion trait seems kind of lame.

Nah, I'm with you. I have yet to see battleshock matter on a regular level. Also it's what any loyal Marine has by default while our default thing is getting more hits on 6s against them. :sweat:

At first i was disapointed by EC trait (with so much salt i got HBP). But always striking first is huge. The down side is agaisnt another melee army you will want to stay still and shoot, as being charge or charge yourself dont change so much. And that's not very EC to stay still (i would have hope a +2 to Advance and charge distance for eg). 

We will see. For SM CT alone didnt mean everything. It's need the chapter stratagem to get a real vision of the chapter. 

Night lord seems too good to be true. Charge two raptor + 1 Lord with jetpack and you get... -5 to Ld ? Like a Space marine units can loose 4 Space marine with a 6 on Ld test after you killed just one unit ?

Standing still is very EC if it means that you can maltreat the enemy with even more sonic blasts just to stab them once they reach you. EC aren't just suicidal maniacs, they're also huge sadists. :wink:

Edited by sfPanzer

Maybe I'm underestimating the effects of morale and battleshock in general, but if this is true the Word Bearers legion trait seems kind of lame.

Yeah, not the most interesting trait. I'd expect a stratagem that lets you summon slightly more easily, too.

Nah, I'm with you. I have yet to see battleshock matter on a regular level. Also it's what any loyal Marine has by default while our default thing is getting more hits on 6s against them. :sweat:
I don't think the raptor debuff stacks, still -4 ain't bad. Soften the unit up first with butcher cannons for -6ld.

Edit, sorry replied to wrong person

Edited by Gordon Shumway

Nah, I'm with you. I have yet to see battleshock matter on a regular level. Also it's what any loyal Marine has by default while our default thing is getting more hits on 6s against them. :sweat:
I don't think the raptor debuff stacks, still -4 ain't bad. Soften the unit up first with butcher cannons for -6ld.

Edit, sorry replied to wrong person

Who said anything about raptors?

I'd like to see the final wording on stuff.  Firing while advancing for black legion is... hrm.  I was actually hoping for something more specifically anti-imperial, for all that would have been more situational.  I'm not sure what I think of it - the armies I've run so far in 8th never had much opportunity to advance at all, since my units are typically either standing still to fire heavies or deep striking or blowing smoke or charging later in the turn, none of which allow advancing in the same turn, anyway.

Edited by malisteen

Yea i guess. I just dont see EC as a camping army. The change for Assault for Sonic blaster was a big plus. But as DG get their Daemon god unique ability (remember the Live on warhammer TV were all DG, including Hellbrute got the 5+ FnP ? Maybee it was a leak of DG codex, or even all cult legion specific abilities : getting the one of their God). Not so surprising.  

Article is up!  Emperors Children!  Trait is strikes first!

Also, possessed are now two wound models, at no change to their current points!

The slaaneshi psychic power grants a slaaneshi heretic astartes unit a 5+ FNP save!

Endless Cacophony strategem - 2 command points to let a slaaneshi infantry or bike unit fire twice in the shooting phase!  doesn't seem to be legion locked, either.  Nice for noise marines & havocs.  Sadly doesn't work on rapiers, since during the game the weapons platforms are a separate unit, and don't have the infantry keyword.

EDIT: gods, slaaneshi terminators are now a solid alternative to Khornate!  Deep strike in rapid fire range with your combi plas, have a sorcerer cast prescience on them (assuming prescience stays around in the codex), then burn two command points on endless cacophony to fire again!  If you're playing Emperor's Children, they even get to threaten charge-interrupting first strikes against anything that tries to charge!  Plus, would prescience's +1 to hit count in overwatch?  I forget the wording on that...

Edited by malisteen

Ooh, I like the renegade trait, if that's what it is.

Any better take on the Black Legion wording?

I think it says that in they treat all rapid fire weapons as assault weapons and they have +1 leadership.

they were already a little bit better in the index.  Does two wounds put them over the top into decent?  I don't know.  Skeptical, but hopeful.  If renegades really do advance and charge, then footslogging renegade possessed, with their increased movement plus an extra d6 before charging, could be a thing.  Something to look at for the handful of Crimson Slaughter fans out there.

Hrm.  Assault bolters & plasma guns.  I don't know, that could be pretty good.  Again, I'm usually either charging, deep striking, or not moving at all.  Might need to shift my unit preferences if I want to make much use of that trait.  We'll see.

The slaaneshi power looks really nice.  Between that and their icon being my favorite, I might have to shift my alignment preferences slaaneshiwards.

Edited by malisteen

Expect FW FAQ soon after codex release. I don't think rapiere are to be exclued for this stratagem. And don't think FW dread will not have Legion trait (they aren't Hellbrute right ?)

Kinda strange they don't present the EC specific stratagem. But that one is gold.

Add Endless cacophony to always first in close combat and music of the Apocalyspe and hysterical frenzy.. yea blood for the blood god is just sweet when I get so many way to act two time à turn with my models.

I edited it into a previous comment, but deep striking slaaneshi terminators with combi plasma, prescience (assuming it stays around), and endless cacophony could be amazing, a solid alternative to the melee focused khornate terminators that currently seem to be the going favorite.