Defence of Konor

Pr3Mu5

Well would you look at that!

I'm happily proved wrong on the outcome of this campaign.

If we win Konor, Maybe GW will make us a new model or 3 for Ultramarines? I'd like to see Agemman, as the Tetrach of Konor, but also some new vehicles or even weapons as a reward for keeping a Forge World safe!

Gotta win all 6, and scatter the death guard that the Night Lords and World Eaters seem organized in comparison.

Heh we already have Tsagualsa where we shattered the Night Lords so badly they never reformed as a Legion for 10k years. I suppose the same should be done to the DG.

I think Week 4 will go to Chaos. Its already looking that way.

But yeah Konor itself was the main focus of this campaign since it was one of the most important planets of Ultramar from all the way back from the Heresy. The others were all just made up for the campaign.

I'm grateful for the tons of additional lore about Konor and its surrounding planets thats been introduced as a result of this campaign. New lore for Ultramar is always welcome especially since its going back to being the 500 Worlds.

Well would you look at that!

I'm happily proved wrong on the outcome of this campaign.

If we win Konor, Maybe GW will make us a new model or 3 for Ultramarines? I'd like to see Agemman, as the Tetrach of Konor, but also some new vehicles or even weapons as a reward for keeping a Forge World safe!

Oh, don't worry. People like you will always have more models with horseshoes plastered all over them shoved down their throats no matter how many rigged campaigns happen. You've never needed campaigns handed to you on silver platters for THAT to happen.

Edited by Ugolino

The blurb on the website says that if Chaos wins the next planet then the Imperial defence was in trouble... that speaks that Chaos is supposed to win :wink:

Thats what every blurb says. If Astaramis was lost then the Konor system would lose its most populated planet. If Konor was lost, the Konor system's industrial output would be wiped out. If Nethamus was lost, there would be a system-wide famine and contamination of food supplies all across Ultramar etc. etc.

Well, our UK and Eu brothers need to pick it up, NA seems to be holding strong... :p

Though right now its like 51% Chaos 49% Imperial, so it is going to be a squeaker either way, im sure.

Edit: im sure week five and six, when Death Guard models start launching, will be a land slide Chaos victory.

Edited by crazyterran

Wow. I was just heading out to the store for a few Konor games and ran into all this salt. It's a good thing I didn't find it earlier. But it appears Bryan has laid it all out there.

Let's leave it at that, but there will be no more of that type of discussion here.

So how goes your Konor battles brothers?

I regret that this is the first week I could not register a game due to personal commitments, but each week, including today, I have stopped by the store to score my painted Ultras. Quite honestly it's been exhausting..... and expensive! I have such a busy work life right now it threatens to intervene with my Konor painting but I have registered painted items each week.

Unfortunately while I was at the store the big mega battle scenario was going quite badly for the Imperium.

I should be officially registering games next week. ( I only count the games I play at the GW store)

I hope your weeks have gone well! Deny the plague heretics!!

Unfortunately my nearest store is in a different town :(

But I did have a solid win against Tyranids today using my Ultramarines. 1500pts, Genestealer Cults joined the fray and I lost a few good Marines.

However, the Tyranids were wiped out to the Xenos by turn 4. I scored 13 VPs by that point also.

I'll have 2 games on Wednesday at my store, the games will be about 900points.

I'm looking forward to win .... XD

Vanguard Detachment.

1xHQ =

- Marneus Calgar

4xElites:

- 5 x Aggressor with Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets

- 1 x Primaris Apothecary

- 1 x Redemptor Dreadnought with Plasma Incinerator

- 6 x Terminator with SB + fist and one with fist + Assault cannon

Plan is to keep the Aggressor alive with the Apo and get supported by the Dreadnought.

Of course deep strike termis + Calgar

so guys do you see Points for the Imperium on our side?!

and no, I dont know what I'm playing against :D

Got a few in this week so far, saturday was a night/day game. Did two against chaos, first was a 70 PL and I tabled him turn 4 with no need to recycle units, got close though. He was playing a standard chaos undivided list.

My second game was a 100 PL against a brute of a nurgle daemon player. It was a meat grinder on both sides, only two units of my list survived the game and I had a unit of Incessors and Helblasters that had to recycle twice. Him being able to summon wasn't helping and he won, but by the Emperor it was a fight. It was agreed that if we did matched (2000 pts) that he would have lost due to attrition.

Looks like we narrowly lost a planet.

Reading the blurb I can't help feel that a narrow win for Chaos on 1 planet is a big deal, whereas the actual Forge World being won by Imperial forces results in constant fighting for attrition etc forevermore.

Oh well. We should still win the campaign.

I'm out of campaign action for one week and this is what happens????!! (J/K)

Seriously though, I'm gearing up my new list, with new painted units, trying to get points for painting and playing... if I can pull off a store win with those units I get double points.

This is going to sound terrible but the reality is I can't play at the big central campaign games. Imperium usually loses and it's a big, crazy mosh pit of Imperium players splitting off points, and the Chaos/Xenos get more points per player. In part this creates a problem because Chaos gets to use strong, big pointed units, because they each have more to play with. The Imps are using a lot more troop/infantry.

I don't know if that's why they're losing though.. .just an observation. So I typically try to get a game on the side which all still counts. Plus with so many people cramming into the larger game, those go one for hours and hours beyond your normal game. I had to back out of those after week one.

Just getting some Agressors together too... hope to get some success out of them. :)