Do you have a Birthday Primaris Captain?

Hey folks!

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the Birthday/Anniversary Primaris Captain yet?

GWBirthdayPrimCapLtdWeb.jpg

I just want to know if his rules are exactly the same as a normal Primaris Captain - albeit with a plasma pistol and powerfist - and if his Matched Play costs line up with the Codex values.

Cheers!

Very strange that this unique character is an event only because you can't make your own!

That was my first thought when I looked at the loadout, but I assume we will see random add on units now that rules come in the package.

Probably eventually gathered and printed in things like chapter approved.

Very strange that this unique character is an event only because you can't make your own!

That was my first thought when I looked at the loadout, but I assume we will see random add on units now that rules come in the package.

Probably eventually gathered and printed in things like chapter approved.

That's a good point, I totally forgot they announced the re-introduction of Chapter Approved. Sounds like the perfect place to implement this release strategy, because I sure wouldn't want to collect scraps of datasheet papers from the boxes or wait for next edition's codex to get the rules.

My local store's Birthday is in August ... really hope they get some in

It's a cast-to-order system; you go in on the stores birthday and order one, then it gets made and shipped backed to the store later for you to collect. 

As far as I know the first store that was able to order them was Milton Keynes (UK) on July 4th and they don't expect to actually have the models in-store for buyers to collect until September 2nd.

My local store's Birthday is in August ... really hope they get some in

It's a cast-to-order system; you go in on the stores birthday and order one, then it gets made and shipped backed to the store later for you to collect. 

As far as I know the first store that was able to order them was Milton Keynes (UK) on July 4th and they don't expect to actually have the models in-store for buyers to collect until September 2nd.

That's kind of dumb for people who want the model, but it helps prevent scalpers from denying actual players from getting their model. I only saw a few of these on eBay, and they all already sold out. Normally such a model would have dozens of auctions on eBay.

That's kind of dumb for people who want the model, but it helps prevent scalpers from denying actual players from getting their model. I only saw a few of these on eBay, and they all already sold out. Normally such a model would have dozens of auctions on eBay.

On the one hand, it means people who want one and visit the store to get it won't miss out due to unscrupulous scalpers taking up the store's limited allocation. On the other hand, that scalper can now feasibly order 50 and then slap them all on eBay when they arrive to cash in on markets where GW stores are few and far between. We'll have to hope the increased availability to legitimate buyers will make that less practical.

Local store birthday is coming up ... manager says he was told to expect the models to arrive week after people put in their orders (which would be the first week of Sept).

Maybe the Sept date that the other stores were told was because of some kind of supply/production schedule and after Sept people can get the models without having to wait too long

My local GW manager said he delayed the store birthday until September so that we would be able to get him (and because to much stuff was happening around the actual b-day).

That may be a US thing, or it might be he didn't want people waiting a long time for the captain.