Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dreadclaw with veteran tacticals

10 replies to this topic

Bythehololight

Bythehololight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
If I have my veteran tactical squad using the outflank and sniper buff. Can the outflank inside a dreadclaw?

Also can dreadclaw zoom? Or it it always in hover mode or landed?

Thanks chaps

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,675 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions
Its a flyer so it can zoom, yes, but arrives in hover mode per its entry if you deep strike it.

Now, that said, iirc, Outflank is omly conferred to vehicles if its a dedicated transport for the unit conferring the rule.

As to outflanking them, why? Theyve got Drop Pod Assault and Inertial Guidance and can turbo boost for even better positioning.
  • Black Orange likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Bythehololight

Bythehololight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
Thanks for the reply slips.

I actually use the dreadclaw so i can bring in 2 dreadnought drop pods on turn 1. If I don't deepstrike the dreadclaw, does that mean the dreadnought drop pods will not be able to arrive turn 1?

I was considering outflanking the dreadclaw just to have a entire table edge of no scatter placement.
You are right inertial guidance should be good enough, I'm wary about scatter off the table edge.

Its a flyer so it can zoom, yes, but arrives in hover mode per its entry if you deep strike it.

Now, that said, iirc, Outflank is omly conferred to vehicles if its a dedicated transport for the unit conferring the rule.

As to outflanking them, why? Theyve got Drop Pod Assault and Inertial Guidance and can turbo boost for even better positioning.

Lord Asvaldir

Lord Asvaldir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,571 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

No need to be wary of the table edge, just deploy twelve inches from the table edge than turbo boost 24", meaning you can basically get anywhere you want. More drop pods in drop pod assault means more pods that can come on the board turn one so I don't see why you'd ever want to outflank a dreadclaw. 

The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...

Bythehololight

Bythehololight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

No need to be wary of the table edge, just deploy twelve inches from the table edge than turbo boost 24", meaning you can basically get anywhere you want. More drop pods in drop pod assault means more pods that can come on the board turn one so I don't see why you'd ever want to outflank a dreadclaw.

Awesome, thanks for the advice

Bythehololight

Bythehololight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
Can a dreadclaw land as soon as it arrives? Or does it have to arrive in hover mode?

I ask in case someone use intercept and tries to shoot it down the turn it arrives

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,675 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions
Hove mode is its landed state; its not immobilized like a regular pod when it arrives.

And with if youre afraid of Interceptor, just land it out of range and turbo boost it where you want it to be once the movement phase is done and your opponent can no longer intercept.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Bythehololight

Bythehololight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

Hove mode is its landed state; its not immobilized like a regular pod when it arrives.

And with if youre afraid of Interceptor, just land it out of range and turbo boost it where you want it to be once the movement phase is done and your opponent can no longer intercept.

Rightio.

Thanks again Slips

Ghorgul

Ghorgul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts

Nothing optional in the Drop Pod Assault rule.

“We are the Angels of Eternal Night and we have come for you. Prepare for purging of your Sins, this is your chance for Ascension. Ave Dominus Nox.” –Kryvan The Descendant, 48th Company of Night Lords.

NoLifeKing

NoLifeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 172 posts
  • Chapter Name: Word Bearers

Nothing optional in the Drop Pod Assault rule.

This.

nolifeking.png gallery_29004_9303_1654.pnggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_48988_13169_21191.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.png

Baluc

Baluc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 781 posts

Also outflank is only shared with dedicated transports, not any vehicle a unit happens to be transporting a unit with infiltrate/scout/outflank.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users