Warriors

WickedJester1013

With the new edition, how good are warriors now?

Interested in a warrior based army with big bugs to support. Something between nidzilla and the warrior medium size bugs with the shrieks and primes.

Also I am asking for the 1000-1850 range since that is where I like to play. Not looking for the best possible army, but something at least fun dangerous.

Thanks

It'll cause problems for your opponent's target priority. As everything is multi wound, the multiple damage fire power coming your way will be diluted.

What big bugs do you like?

Edited by Xenith

I like all the big boys, warriors are my favorite bug so far. Love the idea of Mawlocs and trygons. The one bug that eats everything. I am basically not a fan of the gaunts as much.

I was thinking 2-3 troops of warriors 5 man strong, 2 with deathspitters and talons the rest with double talons. A unit of shrieks, 2 carnifex and a trygon bringing a genestealer unit or unit or warriors. Maybe a hive tyrant with wings and a balanced load out followed up with a warrior prime.

I went reasonably warrior heavy and found that they are okay at best. I took 12 with rending claws and devourers along with a prime in a mixed list and they didn't do anything dramatic.

Primes are over-costed but really necessary to make warrior shooting worth it.

Double talons doesn't sound impressive to me. My Raveners with that load out never did much but at least their tunnelling and speed was useful.

Bonewords and rending claws are about equally good, but rending claws are cheaper and better against tanks. Lash whip and bonesword are bad.

Barbed stranglers are really good, especially with a prime. Venom cannons are screwed over by their bad AP. 6 strong units get you two stranglers so I'd never take 5s.

Deathspitters look promising but I don't like the idea of spending too many points on upgrading the shooting of what is ultimately a melee unit.

Personally I'd mix ranged weapons with either swords or claws. I think these are both superior options to the reroll 1's from a single pair of talons, especially if you have a prime nearby.

Magnetising is a pain, but future proofs your models.

Raveners are actually really good at clearing conscripts with double talons because of 5 attacks hitting on 3s (2s with the Red Terror, which you should take if your planning on running more than 6) rerolling ones.