Ophelia conquered by daemons?

Great. We don't even get a mention, when our home world gets conquered by demons.

Also, that seems like something worth noting? Considering it'd be one of the more major battles?

Enough demons/marines/Heretics to conquer Ophelia, versus 3 major orders of Battle Nuns, the planetary defense force and Enough black Templars to shake a sheep at.

They have to give us a play by play in our Codex because at the very least, it should be an epic seige.

Edited by Beams

I'm not optimistic given that the Black Templars called their crusade "the Ophelia VII Crusade."

The Black Templar's Crusade for Ophelia VII seems to be separate from the liberation of Ophelia- you'd think it would be mentioned there if it was the same. It could be any of the three possibilities

Two thoughts here :

a) Wasn't there a simple Ophelia (no number) that was in a completely different sector than ours ?

b ) Maybe this is the edition when one of our Convent Prioris warpjumps again to another numbered Ophelia ? :D we've been on Ophelia IV, then VII, so next is probably X ? Or XI if it is Fibonacci-related b)

The faith is surely strong enough to move a full continent around !

Edited by Isolia

That retcon occured in 2nd Edition. The only mention of Ophelia iV I know of is in the brief description of the Sororitas in the Codex Imperialis (from the pre- Codex: Sisters of Battle part of 2nd Edition (so basically all of 2nd edition :tongue.: ))

Codex Imperialis, page 39

gallery_83651_12132_65149.png

The Convent Sanctorum is noted as being on Terra, while the Convent Prioris is listed as being on Ophelia IV, near the Eastern Fringe. When C:SoB came out, the convents were moved to their current locations (Prioris on Terra, Sanctorum of Ophelia VII, to the galactic south of Terra, nowhere near the eastern fringe. Note that the convents were also switched.

This only overwrote about 2 sentences of fluff, mentioned as hardly a footnote in 1 source. The Convent didn't move, ofc, this was a retcon, and it hardly even qualifies as anything more than a fun fact, for how insignificant it was :biggrin.:

What I'm getting at is they better not go moving the Convents around (and besides, faith doesn't cause actual miracles as far as I'm concerned, so no, it's not strong enough to up an move the Convent Sanctorum, or switch it back to Terra or whatever). *grumble grumble* :tongue.:

Edit: The same convent orientation as seen in Codex Imperialis is also mentioned in the one paragraph from Rogue Trader that talks about the Sisters (page 268, right next to the picture of a Sister shooting a Rainbow Warrior space marine)

gallery_83651_12132_10103.png

Edited by Servant of Dante

That retcon occured in 2nd Edition. The only mention of Ophelia iV I know of is in the brief description of the Sororitas in the Codex Imperialis (from the pre- Codex: Sisters of Battle part of 2nd Edition (so basically all of 2nd edition :tongue.: ))

Codex Imperialis, page 39

gallery_83651_12132_65149.png

The Convent Sanctorum is noted as being on Terra, while the Convent Prioris is listed as being on Ophelia IV, near the Eastern Fringe. When C:SoB came out, the convents were moved to their current locations (Prioris on Terra, Sanctorum of Ophelia VII, to the galactic south of Terra, nowhere near the eastern fringe. Note that the convents were also switched.

This only overwrote about 2 sentences of fluff, mentioned as hardly a footnote in 1 source. The Convent didn't move, ofc, this was a retcon, and it hardly even qualifies as anything more than a fun fact, for how insignificant it was :biggrin.:

What I'm getting at is they better not go moving the Convents around (and besides, faith doesn't cause actual miracles as far as I'm concerned, so no, it's not strong enough to up an move the Convent Sanctorum, or switch it back to Terra or whatever). *grumble grumble* :tongue.:

Edit: The same convent orientation as seen in Codex Imperialis is also mentioned in the one paragraph from Rogue Trader that talks about the Sisters (page 268, right next to the picture of a Sister shooting a Rainbow Warrior space marine)

gallery_83651_12132_10103.png

"I sense heresy in your disturbing lack of faith, Harry"

- Gandalf

Of course, but there have been stranger shifts in fluff in the past ;)

So was I dreaming or is there a separate Ophelia planet ? There's comparatively little info on this system out there (or I really should update my sources)

Well, there may or may not be an Ophelia IV out on the eastern fringe, depending on your headcanon. I mean, you can either say it isn't there since they changed where the convent was and so when they added Ophelia VII l, Ophelia IV was effectively retconned out of existence, or you could say Ophelia IV is still there as a nod to the super old fluff.

I mean, this was from the era (or maybe a bit after) where Tigirius was half Eldar, and wasn't the chief Librarian of the Ultramarines.

Planets are big. There's really no reason why a planet can't be in need of 'liberation' while still having a massive garrison fortress on it. Sure it might say "the entire population" but that doesn't necessarily include the garrison or military personnel who aren't native to the planet anyway.

"Let the daemons have a couple of continents for a few years while we wait in our invincible fortress for the relief force to come" is a totally legitimate tactic.

Planets are big. There's really no reason why a planet can't be in need of 'liberation' while still having a massive garrison fortress on it. Sure it might say "the entire population" but that doesn't necessarily include the garrison or military personnel who aren't native to the planet anyway.

"Let the daemons have a couple of continents for a few years while we wait in our invincible fortress for the relief force to come" is a totally legitimate tactic.

If you're super zealous space nuns who are waaaaaaay more zealous than the most zealous of zealous Space Marine chapters (BT) as a standard, then sitting back while daemons ravage your shrine world is not a legitimate tactic.:P