Interest in a rogue trader campaign? Char creation updated

Black Cohort

If there is enough interest I am looking to launch a rogue trader campaign. You would be one of several crews seeking an ancient damaged starship from era of the great crusade. Of course you will have to fund this expedition yourselves, so side quests to make money will likely be required.

Edited by Black Cohort

Definitely something I'd be interested in. I'm assuming you'd be using Roll20 and Discord for ease?

The plan is to do it here. I don't have concerns with dice rolling, people who cheat in RPGs only cheat themselves out of a better story.

For everyone full character creation details will come later (either tonight or tomorrow) but you will definitely be starting level characters.

Character Creation Details

I have space for up to 6 six players, need a minimum of 3.

For Generating stats roll in order for the 9 stats, you can re-roll one and then switch 2.  Add the modifiers after you switch the roll.

Use the Origin Path from Into the Storm.

Otherwise follow the rules in the core rulebook.

You can use any official rogue trader source for skills, talents, classes or gear.

Once the party is assembled we will sort out the party's ship.  If a there is a PC rogue trader their will decide on the ship class.

If you have any questions or anything is unclear let me know and I will answer as soon as I can.

Quick question ... is this supposed to be set in the Expanse as in the FFG Rogue Trader setting / books and should we st up Characters as coming from that background (e.g. Tech priest explorator from the Lathe?)

Quick question ... is this supposed to be set in the Expanse as in the FFG Rogue Trader setting / books and should we st up Characters as coming from that background (e.g. Tech priest explorator from the Lathe?)

Excellent question, yes you will be venturing into the expanse. The lathe worlds would be a good place for your character to be from.

This sounds like it could be fun - I have never played one of these types of games online, I don't have any of the rulebooks but I'll follow this with interest :) 

Characters should be posted here.

You can use any official rogue trader source for skills, talents, classes or gear.

But we're limited to a Human-Only crew, right? No Ork merc or Dark Eldar?

Characters should be posted here.

But we're limited to a Human-Only crew, right? No Ork merc or Dark Eldar?

I am not restricting it to humans only, just be aware that lots of NPCs may not react well to the crew having an alien in the command staff.

Im all for playing a campaign where its all DEldar pirates using a Human Rogue Trader as a front potentially :p

...which sounds like an awesome campaign idea in itself.

Kind of reminds me of an idea for a rogue trader style game I had some years ago formed around a minor band of Red Corsairs with a mixed bag of post Badab Astartes and assorted human and xenos scum.

Might not be what was the original direction of this post's campaign though. General theme of the campaign should be agreed on in advance. Nothing kills a game faster than some people going in looking for the King's Pirate where others are all Firefly while the rest is out to watch the Black Flag version of the Purge

Its just an idea I wanted to float by because I read through Soul Reaver and I kinda wanted to play a Dark Eldar BUT, I didnt want to do so at the expense of the GM's plans and/or other players expectations.

So, that said, I'll roll up a Human Character but create a Dark Eldar one on the side so that, if the opportunity presents itself during the course of play, its an option that would be available to me and if it doesn't well thats the way the cookie crumbles and I won't cry over spilled milk so to say.

Now, moving on from this DE tangent :tongue.: Does anyone want to be the captain?

As an aside, heres an Excel Sheet version of the character sheet that does some of the calculations for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138TUdPiskvZ8FaKS7iwZ3hqrF3SiiDdIoSXcZezeY_g/edit#gid=0

And here, you'll find a consolidated list for character creation, the most important bit being the chart for all the bonuses the Origin Path gives you in a concise form. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19otsg2qNExP7GrHZ-g27kS6j-O8Zke0ntzgmXyWuVtI/edit?hl=en

Personally, it'd depend on my rolls (which I might as well do now): http://orokos.com/roll/538032

Since we're doing the stats in order with 2 swaps and 1 reroll, this is what I've got before those changes:

WS: 38

BS: 30 Reroll -> 33

S: 37

T: 35

Ag: 34

Int: 32

Per: 38

Wp: 37

Fel: 32

2 Swaps will be:

Per 38 <-> Ballistic Skill 33

Agi 34 <-> Toughness 35

So, Final Stats will be:

WS: 38

BS: 38 

S: 37

T: 34

Ag: 35

Int: 32 

Per: 33 

Wp: 37 

Fel: 32

Wounds: TBx2 + 1d5+1 = 9 (feelsbadman)

Fate Points: 3 (rolled 1 on the 1d10)

Origin: Fortress World -> Stubjack -> Duty to the Throne -> Hand of War -> Pride (rolled 85) -> Did not take lineage -> Arch-Militant

Edited by Slips

I have no issues with there being some Xenos in the party, it just shouldn't end up being a DE raiding party or Ork Pirate Kaptain.  Not that I object to those as ideas, they are just different ideas than I want to run.

Also Slips your character looks fine.