Interest in a rogue trader campaign? Char creation updated

Black Cohort

Its just an idea I wanted to float by because I read through Soul Reaver and I kinda wanted to play a Dark Eldar BUT, I didnt want to do so at the expense of the GM's plans and/or other players expectations.

So, that said, I'll roll up a Human Character but create a Dark Eldar one on the side so that, if the opportunity presents itself during the course of play, its an option that would be available to me and if it doesn't well thats the way the cookie crumbles and I won't cry over spilled milk so to say.

Now, moving on from this DE tangent :tongue.: Does anyone want to be the captain?

As an aside, heres an Excel Sheet version of the character sheet that does some of the calculations for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138TUdPiskvZ8FaKS7iwZ3hqrF3SiiDdIoSXcZezeY_g/edit#gid=0

How do you make the sheet interactive? I'm dumb, I guess

Pretty much what Conn said; the guy making it stopped updating it sometime before Soul Reaver was released due to the lack of Dark Eldar stuff (And also didnt put in all the ITS stuff either...) so if you're handy with Excel, you can add some stuff in to help you out. Either way, you can just brute force most calculations. The Taken Skills Tab is the one thats the handiest, however as is the Skills and Talent list so that you dont have to open your Core book and sift through it.

That said, you'll still need XP Values, since the sheet doesnt list them or have an "XP Spent" Tab/chart/etc.

Alright, I've rejiggered some stuff around so that her talents actually follow her Rank Advancement tree: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SGQ__NPC3N3NT6kGfZNwvvqCqd6rR0CR_bUKwelcLwM/edit#gid=0 Mains swaps being removal of two-weapon wielder (ballistic) which would be avail at rank 2 for her, for Simple Agility Advancement (35 -> 40) for 100xp and Awareness as a Known Skill for 100xp.

Now, for background:

Physical Appearance:

Height: 5'8"

Hair: Short Cut

Hair Color: Dark Cinnamon

Build: Athletic, more acrobatic than muscular

Other: Combat scars including, but not limited to: Chest/neck burns and cuts most visible on arms, cheeks and forehead.

Born on a Fortress world, Romelia has been a fighter from birth - not that she had much of a choice. Luckily for her, she took well to the destiny forced upon her and proved herself time and time again as she grew up on Boros Prime in the shadow of the Eye of Terror.

Like most well-to-do guardsmen and women, she wasn't overly fond of Melee combat but, not wanting to be caught wanting if the enemy ever brought the fight to her, she still trained when she found the time. Otherwise, just like most guardsmen, she was fond of shooting enemies down from afar. What she did to differentiate herself, was be a better shot with as many weapons as she could possibly get her hands on than anyone else in her company; or at least she tried.

Sent off world as part of reinforcements to a front dug in with an Ork Waagh! she finally got her taste of real combat and gone were the stale and repetitive drills; instead they were replaced with daily brushes with death. Luckily, she adapted quickly to the ever changing nature of the battlefield and what were once daily brushes with death became challenges and soon enough, a walk in the park, so to speak.

However, a single guardswoman can't change the tide of a war and so, despite her best efforts, the Imperials started to lose ground. Over the course of the next few years, the orks started gaining more and more traction as their seemingly unending numbers seemed to swell by the day. No matter how many they cut down, an equal, if not greater, number of them would be back just as quickly. Ultimately, they were pushed back to the spaceports dotted across the planets surface that yet remained in Imperial hands and, much to Imperial Commands reluctance, were forced to order a retreat.

Luck would have it that Romelia, being in one of the companies that would leave last, would meet her future employer as they made their escape off planet...

This took longer than I wanted it too so while there isnt much actually there, at least theres something for me to work with.

Edited by Slips

So I am working on the Warrant of Trade and it has worked out that you will get a Frigate sized vessel.

I present the crew with 3 Hull options

A Falchion-class frigate, a Hunter-Killer equipped with a small quantity of torpedos

A Sword-class Frigate, the workhorse of the Imperial Fleet

A Turbulent-class Heavy Frigate, Slightly slower and larger than Normal frigates it has more armour and can take more damage

Let me know what you guys want.

Of the three I would favour the Turbulent.

IIRC all of the frigates were macrocannon based, other than one of the sword variants with a lance option. Good to have that little bit of extra durability when you have to get in close.

Got called in for work which messed up my timetable. Also, reading up on the Lathe Worlds has me undecided between my original more roguish technomanceress and a more squat type explorator type somewhere between Dres Jones and House...

I'll go for Interkeratic Implants (Darksight) and probably the MIU....which I'll use to get the plot along while I crunch thru my decision making and some sketches.

ServoSkull will be more of the Auspex Diagnostics type

Fine with the Turbulent btw.

Here's my seneschal, Ethan Stillinger

Rolls: 11, 16, 18, 9, 13, 13, 7(11), 15, 11

BS 11 [36]
WS 16 (13, swap with Int) [38]
S 18 (11, swap with Fel) [31]
T 9 [31]
Agi 13 [38]
Int 13 (16, swap with WS) [41]
Per 7(11) [36]
WP 15 [37]
Fel 11 (18, swap with S) [51]

100xp spent to purchase Charm Skill, Rank 1

Noble Born : IH p.15, RT p.23
+5 Fellowship
-5 Willpower
Basic Skills : Literacy (Int), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int)
Talents : Peer (Nobility), Peer (Underworld)
Etiquette : +10 to Interaction Skill Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal settings.
Legacy of Wealth : +1 Profit Factor
Vendetta : Enemy determined by the GM.
Wounds : 10
Fate : 3
Insanity: 2

Savant : RT p.24
+3 Fellowship
-3 Toughness
Talents : Peer (Academics)

Chosen by Destiny : RT p.27
Your choice of...
Xenophile : +10 to Fellowship tests when dealing with alien races or cultures, -5 to Willpower tests dealing with Alien Artefacts and Psychic Powers

Dark Voyage : RT p.28
Skills : Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Marked by Darkness : +1d5 Insanity

Devotion : ItS p.25
Your choice of...
Loyalty : 100xp, gain Trade (Voidfarer) (Int) and +5 to all Willpower and Fellowship tests when aboard your home ship.

Of Extensive Means : ItS p.31
Your choice of...
Far Reaching Contacts : 300xp, gain any three Peer talents (subject to GM approval) Adeptus Arbites, Administratum, Military.

Seneschal
RT p.64
Barter (Fel), Commerce (Fel), Common Lore (Underworld) (Int), Deceive (Fel), Evaluate (Int), Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) (Int), Inquiry (Fel), Literacy (Int), Speak Language (Low Gothic, Traders Cant) (Int)
Talents : Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Weapons : Best Craftsmanship Hell Pistol, Best Craftsmanship Hellgun
Armour : Mesh Armour
Gear : Autoquill, Chrono, Cameleoline Cloak, Dataslate, Multikey, Synskin, Robes
Seeker of Lore

Born to a minor mecantile house, Stillinger was serving on a long-haul trader ship when it was attacked by eldar corsairs and he was taken captive for several years. He managed to survive purely on charisma and quick wit to make himself as useful to his captors as possible until the day a Farseer met with him and told him it was his destiny to be a liason with the rogue trader vessel that was currently on its way to rescue him. The eldar left him at an abandoned outpost and a week later, the ship arrived as the Farseer said it would. He only speaks of his captivity with a select few individuals and keeps any contact with the corsairs absolutely secret. 

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

• 2 weeks later...

Posting my finalized sheet here and will be adding the expanded background over the next few days:

Ydras Thane, Magos Biologis, MetaSurgeon of the Shoals of Ix'Chaal ,Archeotechnologist, Disciple of Thule, Enlightened Seeker

Attributes:

WS 38,

BS 35,

STR 36,

Tough 35,

AG 35,

INT 52,

PER 42,

WP 32,

FEL 35

Wounds: 7

Fate 2

Corruption 6

Insanity 4

Career: Explorator

Home World: Forgeworld (Explorator Fleet)

Credo Omnissiah

Fit for Purpose

Stranger to the Cult (-5 FEL Ecles.)

Origin: Fringe (Heretek, Medicae, Chem-Use, Corruption 6)

Motivation: Knowledge is Power (Foresight, Scholastic Lore: Navis Nobilite)

Lure: New Horizons (Archeotechnologist, Heirloom: Armour of the Saint ... well..Magos..the Toyama Hauberk

Trial: Dark Voyage -Things was not meant to know (Forbidden Lore - Pirates, Resistance -Fear )

Skills:

Awareness

Common Lore (Tech)

Common Lore (Machine Cult)

Chem-Use

Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Mechanicus, Pirates)

Literacy

Logic

Medicae

Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-Lingua)

Scholastic Lore (Navis Nobilite)

Secret Tongue (Tech)

Tech Use

Trade Technomat

Trade Arcanotechnologist

Trade Armourer

Talents:

AutoSanguine

Basic Weapon Training (Universal)

Foresight

Logis Implant

Melee Weapon Training Universal)

Resistance (Fear)

Technical Knock

Mechanicum Implants

Interkeratic Implant

MIU

Advanced MedKit

MultiTool

ServoSkull (Auspex) - Solus

The Ix'Chaal nodes represent a schismatic creed of Explorator shoals scattered across the galaxy. Among their central beliefs lie the pro-active (some would say aggressive) acquisition of knowledge and technology paired with the aim of the improving the human species to a more efficient form open to the enlightenment of the Omnissiah.

A major focus of the Ix'Chaal nodes therefore lie in metagenetical fields and their Magos Bologis apply genhancement to use in vivo to an extension often uncomfortable to more Orthodox members of the Martian Creed. Ix'Chaal Genplorator teams have extensively studied abhuman descendants of Old Night Diaspora worlds as well as several Xenos breeds. They aim to tailor an organism to the needs of the Omnissian enlightenment in a way where the organic template complements the augmentation along the road to total conversion of the truly Enlightened. Since cybernetic or bionic augmentation is rightfully reserved for those who haven proven their advancement along the quest for knowledge, upgrading more baseline humanity to perform their tasks more efficiently is therefore seen as a holy mission necessary for the Omnissian Dominionion. Limiting humanity to forms defined by the environment of Terra or Mars therefore is seen as lazy at best, blasphemous at worst. Thus, the Ix'Chaal creed is primarily a nomadic one, expanding the possibilities and the understanding of humanity and thus the Omnissiah. Ix'Chaal fleets have been known to employ so-called "Alpha strain" templates as stock for their servitor or Skitari detachments and have been known to tamper with the make-up of the Navigator Bloodlines sympathetic to their cause. Needless to say the Creed has faced accusations of heresy from within the Mechanicum and the Inquisition. The Ix'Chaal see themselves in the the Tradition of the original Mechanicum and the Martian Synod of the Adeptus Mechanicus as dominated by Terran influences. Thus, they keep to their fleets and interaction with the -official- Imperium at a minimum. That is not to say that the Ix'Chaal are without support. Explorator shoals are rumored to trail clan companies of the Iron Hands among the campaign against the T'au, extensively sampling the make up of the Xenos caste system.

Among the Mechanicum of the Lathe Worlds, the Ix'Chaal found support among the Explorator ambitions of the Disciples of Magos Thule and the followers of the Magos around the ambitious Umbra Malygris.

It goes without saying that people are not simply born into the Ix'Chaal shoals. Births are planed, prenaternaly monitored and aimed at specific needs and purposes amongst the Exploration fleets.

Given their low number and often limited amount of available space among the Explorator vessels, Initiates are therefore apprenticed to an experienced Magos at an early age. Thus, augmentation and preparation of Ydras Thane apprenticeship to the shoals Magos Biologis conclave basically began even before the birth of his biological frame and continued from there. Arcanobiological solutions were used in the growth of his body in conjunction with cybernetical enhancements along with psychalchemical stimuli to expand his mind, which were then tested, probed and tested again. Success parted the veil of ignorance and allowed access to further knowledge and additional enhancement, hinting at the gifts and insights accessible to those further on the road of Omnissian enlightenment. Thus, the Quest for Knowledge became not only a creed to follow but a literal way of life. Those unable to unlock their potential vegan falling wayside, relegated to the ranks of lesser adepthood, famulii to oathbound knight households or even lobotomized and set to serve along their betters if necessary to ensure the secrecy of the Magos' art. The nature of their conception and the rather small size of Explorator shoals keep the number of initiate Clades low and drop out rates at a tolerable minimum however, with the Shoals limited resources combining with their experience at the Ars in ensuring that progression rates among the initiates favorably reflect the amount of preparation and tutelage that is invested in the expansion of the priesthood. Ydras Thane thus assisted in minor laboratorum duties and oversaw ritae minimalistae at a biological age of five and oversaw basic excavation servitor crews at the age of ten Terran standard years.

Initiated as a Genetor Extremis at the juvenile age of thirty Terran standard, Ydras accompanied and later led expeditions in the search for knowledge as well as being involved in the biological and bio mechanical upkeep of his native exploration shoal. A primary focus of his work was extending the research of his Mentor into the augmentation of the Ix'Chaal navigator lines, aiming at increasing the capabilities of these vital elements of venturing into the lost reaches of the galaxy. The acquisition of such data saw the shoal reach into derelict vessels as well as abandoned estates of the navigator houses. Not all of these forays were unopposed, forcing Ydras to school his martial prowess along his growing insight into the mysteries of the Omnissiah over the following decades.

A foray into a space hulk formed amongst wreckage dating back to Great Crusade saw Thane recovering a particular blessing: One of the Hauberks of Magos To'Ayama, an adaptive plate from a set created by the sainted Explorator to shield the faithful of the Machine God as they strove to reconnect the Forgeworlds lost in the perils of the Old Night.

[Heirloom Artifact, Best craftmanship, void hardened Plate Armour which is -with GM approval pending- more easily adapted to a Techpriest physiology. To the naked eye it is a a slate grey carapace armour with intrinsic brass and silver circuitry inlay and laser etched binary warding. To an noospheric inspection, these turn to elaborate murals of the journeys of Explorator To'Ayama, the flowing murals made up by further binary fractals describing his voyages in greater detail.]

The vanishing of the major elements of the Thule Explorator fleet and the Ix'Chaal shoals desire to reunite with their kindred minds and benefactors as well as the fallout from the Malygris Shism drove Thane's shoal further into the expanse. There remain rumors, however, that the shoal retained ties to the Meritech raider clans in the Calixis Sector, providing arcane technological support in exchange for supplies and the odd navigator genome sample.

Upon one of his forays into the expanse, Ydras Thane, by now elevated to the position of Metasurgeon at a mere sixty Terran standard, was severed from his Explorator shoal investigating a floating derelict when the Shoal was forced to retreat in the face of an increasingly hostile xenos intervention. Forced to rely on decreasing supplies and a dwindling servitor entourage, his trusted ServoSkull a lone companion, Thane managed to survive in the end only by selling his services to an encountered Styrix caravan. For over ten years, Thane toiled amongst the vile Xenos, a time he considers both insightful and haunting to this day.

The Omnissiah smiled upon Ydras Thane however, when the Xenos Caravan found itself in the way of a rather large Ork raid amongst which the Rogue Trader vessel Imperium Veritas had also been entangled. Thane literally jumped ship and, once the situation was under control, gladly joined the Imperium Veritas, seeing it as an Omnissiah send way to venture into the Expanse in more pleasing company and reconnect with his Explorator shoal some day as well as to uncover additional archeotechnological mysteries with which to impress his fellow Magos.

+ Edited with the extended bio. Still scribbling on what the Hauberk actually looks like. Also three pages into designing ServoSkull. Good fun all around. +

Edited by Xin Ceithan