Porphyrion or Warhound? Your thoughts?

DISCLAIMER, I'm relatively new to 40k and warhaming in general, been doing this for just under 2 years. What got me in was the models and lore, but I'm really loving the wargame now with 8th (I can hear you seething with rage at how much of a casual noob I am, but moving on). I love doing conversions and am slowly getting better with painting. Now that you know a bit about me:

I've been saving to get my first Forgeworld model for a bit now. It'll be the first time I've works with resin, superglue, washing part, all of it. It's come down to the Knight Porphyrion or the Warhound Titan. Here's my thoughts; my modeller side loves the look and feel of Knights, and the Porphyrion is the most Knighty of Knights. I quite like the Warhound's look too, but I feel like the Warhound is a little... overused I guess? The painter sees the Warhound as a challenge to make mine unique and stand out against the dozens of others out there. And the Mathhammer side says the money gap and point gap between the two is ridiculously "cost-effective" and I should spend the extra money for something that is an army unto itself.

So, what are your thoughts? Looking forward to reading what y'all have to say.

I personally think the Warhound is kind of old and outdated. The amount of details on the model is underwhelming as far as I know, so I would go for the Knight.

Also, in normal games, you can actually get the chance to field the Knight, but the Warhound is way to expensive to get used on a regualr basis.

Yep, most of the true detail is hidden in the compartments. But I do understand the logic behind it, GW keeping with the sleeker feel of the original Epic Warhound, and in universe it's the cheapest of Titans to produce, and it's for scouting, so more a resource effective design=more aerodynamic&more Warhounds=a more effective fighting force.

BTW, my loadout for the Warhound would be Plasma Blastgun and Dual Turbo Laser. I'd take two Lasers but I love plasma waaay to much.

Edited by Magos_Adephus

i dunno, having fought a warhound I can see why it costs so much. that bastard is tough, and will destroy almost all your heavy support in a turn. the knight is cheaper, sure, but the warhound is probably one of the scariest models I faced (and now own) 

maybe look at the flamer loadout too, one blastgun and one flamestorm cannon. it skips shooting and gets 4D6 automatic hits, and every one of those hits is Damage 4. it's a friggen monster!