Vehicles like dreads & NDK unable to asault upper ruins?

Gentlemanloser

Cropped up today.

I don't think the rules are in question here, but it seems like a bad design choice.

I get you might not want vehicles like land raiders being able to asault infantry in above ground levels of ruins.

But to stop large monsters, and humanoid robots from doing the same.

Seems awefully powerful.

Looks like it.

I'm rather okay with it. These aren't intact buildings, but structurally unsound remnants. It seems entirely appropriate to me that they'd crumble down as soon as the NDK attempted to make them take the ground pressure under the foot of the suit. Of course, since our rules don't support destructible terrain, barring the move seems like the correct answer.

Perhaps a nice thread in the 'Homegrown' section to hash out a clean and easy method to handle kicking down the wall to force the light infantry to come to the NDK? Would you like me to move this over there for you so this can continue on topic?

Cheers but that's ok. As long as I've not missed anything and that's the way the rules work. Just thought I'd check to make sure.

Just a shame. With the new GM NDK option and 'now you can field an entire army of just NDK', seems a little pointless.

Sorry, this thread can probably be locked. :)

I think all ruins and other terrain should be able to be blown to bits and become the battlescapes terrain type.  So that 3 story building with a bunch of dudes up top hiding out from your melee guys, shoot the building with your artillery, blow it up like you would a transport (with same result on models inside?).

I think all ruins and other terrain should be able to be blown to bits and become the battlescapes terrain type.  So that 3 story building with a bunch of dudes up top hiding out from your melee guys, shoot the building with your artillery, blow it up like you would a transport (with same result on models inside?).

And how would you be able to tell at a glance that a ruin has been, well, ruined?

And how would you be able to tell at a glance that a ruin has been, well, ruined?

remove it?  

The Destruction allegiance in Age of Sigmar have an ability that allows them to destroy a terrain feature so that it no longer provides cover and any scenery rules it has can no longer be used.  I don't know if people actually remove those terrain pieces though.

Just mentioning it to show that within GW there is precedent for rules that remove (at least the benefits of) terrain.

There is even a specific terrain feature that represents forests/buildings/etc that have been shelled to oblivion.  They still provide a measure of cover but are essentially dangerous terrain.  It's called "battlescape".

A ruin can be removed from the table, or use all those wrecked/smoke templates we had from the previous edition.  No one had an issue telling a wrecked Rhino from a regular one in 7th edition, even if the only marker was a dice.

Archived