Aeldari Konor Participation

The_Chaplain

Is anyone else participating in the summer campaign Fate of Konor with your aeldari armies?   What are your experiences/results?

Week 1 my craftworlders got annihilated by my friend's knight household

Week 2 (today):  Participated in a doubles game of eldar/eldar vs khorne daemons/slaanesh daemons at 150 power a side.   Only lost a 5 bikes total, 11 wounds on a wave serpent and 9 wounds on my skathach wraithknight.   My partner and I completely tabled the daemons.   It was so satisfying using the wraithknights titanic feet with the slannesh hatred re-rolls; I think I stomped more to death than through shooting.  Also of note-- first time using wraithguard who stripped the final 9 wounds off of Skarbrand with their D-scythes!  

Because we had too many Imperium players, I will be playing as a mix of Aeldari and Tau...but mostly Aeldari. 

I've played in only Week 1 so far, and I nearly tabled my opponent. If you don't mind, I'll repost my thoughts from that battle from the list topic. 

"... I ended up facing a Death Guard force with the three new DG characters and the weird hover vehicle thing. Throw in some nurglings and plague marines for troops, while a Daemon Prince and a dreadnought brought in some heavy firepower.

To my pleasant surprise, the Autarch and Shining Spears killed the plague marines in one turn, then murdered the Daemon Prince the next turn. Meanwhile one Wraithlord charged and tied up the Nurgle hover-craft before eventually slaying it. 

The rangers did little but secured VPs since I teleported them into the enemy's deployment zone. I think their highlight was dealing one mortal wound to the dreadnought. 

I stationed the Farseer and Guardians in one corner as a distraction, and that worked very well. Lost three guardians by the end of it. Not so sure about the utility of the shining spear. 

No units lost. Almost happened when the Daemon Prince charged one squad of rangers, but they survived and fell back to allow the Spears to murder. 

Note, my opponent had a lot of bad dice rolls, but I can't complain about winning the game with a score of 5-0 in VPs. Chalked the win to the Imperium in the Campaign of Konor. Fun times. Next week, the lists are 1250, so I'm now wondering what to add to this list...."

On a separate note, I love how GW is handling the lore aspect of the campaign. I'm really tempted to write a short companion piece, chronicling my Aeldari's attempts at defeating the Primordial Annihilator. 

Week 1: Played a small 1k point match against Death Guard. 

I had 10 bikes, Farseer on Bike, 5 Rangers, and a Wave Serpent with 5 Wraithguard with D Scythes vs 2 piles of plague zombies, 2 squads of plague Marines, Bloat Drone, Typhus, and another HQ choice I'm spacing on.

Squeaked out a win, but only by dint of the game ending after Turn 5 instead of going on.  As I only had 4 models left on the board, fortunately all from different units so I managed the 4-3 victory since they were all in the Chaos deployment zone.

Wasted 3 turns worth of fire trying to kill the stupid Bloat Drone, and it's what killed most of my bikers too.  I figured 10 Farseer backed (Doom and Guide, or later I just started going for Smites) Shuriken Cannon would be enough to drop it... not so lucky.  Even had my Wave Serpent helping the second two turns.

But if it had gone one more turn he probably would have tabled me aside from the Wave Serpent (he had no heavy weapons but Plasma and the Plague Marine assault 2 thingie).  So yay for the dice?

Wait, what's the difference between nurglings and plague zombies?

Also, is the bloat drone that new, weird Nurgle hovercraft? What is it's specialty? Because I threw a wraithlord into CC immediately, and it never did anything during my game. 

Plague Zombies are... Zombies.  Pretty much.  They're not terribly fast, not terribly good.  But they've got a 5+ "Disgustingly Resilient" and they're cheap.  Plus if they manage to kill infantry in close combat they can put more models on the table.  Mostly, they're just annoying as heck and will soak up a lot of firepower.  Nurglings are those little swarm like things on a single base.

The Bloat Drone?  That's fast, and has 2 flamer like assault weapons.  (d6 Assault, St 5 or 6, -2 AP, d3 wounds. IIRC)  - so it's a pretty terrifying anti-infantry weapon.

Okay, so I faced off against plague zombies, not nurglings. And it seems my decision to throw the wraithlord against the bloat drone was the right one.

Also, what are y'all doing with your wins for the campaign? I've been bolstering the Imperium and taking points away from Chaos.

The Imperium seems to have recovered....for now. 

Anyway, my battle of week 2 happens in two days. My FLGS has melded the Konor campaign with an Escalation League, so our lists have to be 1250 this week. 

Now, since this week's battle gives out an extra VP if the attacking unit has 2+/3+ armour (oh, if only I was playing BA), my friend has suggested I go with a Wraith army. Here's the problem, since I'm borrowing my friend's Aeldari, he only has one squad of wraithguard and no wraithblades. He does have two wraithlords, the FW wraithseer, and a wraithknight. My fear is that I'll be putting too many eggs into one basket and having a critically low model count. The only other suggestion he has is to throw in the hemlock wraithfighter. 

Is there a viable army here or is this force doomed to get utterly swamped? 

The Imperium seems to have recovered....for now. 

Anyway, my battle of week 2 happens in two days. My FLGS has melded the Konor campaign with an Escalation League, so our lists have to be 1250 this week. 

Now, since this week's battle gives out an extra VP if the attacking unit has 2+/3+ armour (oh, if only I was playing BA), my friend has suggested I go with a Wraith army. Here's the problem, since I'm borrowing my friend's Aeldari, he only has one squad of wraithguard and no wraithblades. He does have two wraithlords, the FW wraithseer, and a wraithknight. My fear is that I'll be putting too many eggs into one basket and having a critically low model count. The only other suggestion he has is to throw in the hemlock wraithfighter. 

Is there a viable army here or is this force doomed to get utterly swamped? 

Does he have a wave serpent for the wraithblades to use?  Because footslogging those guys across the table is a pain.   As for the rest of the list-- it can take a lot of punishment.  Wraithlords and wraithknights are very durable and can throw out some long range firepower on their way into melee.  Meanwhile the hemlock is a great harassment unit; it's D-scythes can clean up units and attract a lot of firepower that won't be aimed at one of your other wraith units.   Yeah, I think it has a shot.

Wave serpent is available for deployment, and I forgot to mention that my friend has also recommended a warp hunter.

So, a list with a Spiritseer, wraithguard in a wave serpent, 2xwraithlords, a warp hunter, and a hemlock comes to 1079 points. That leaves almost 200 points for upgrades and equipment (everything is base right now). Any recommendations?

Wave serpent is available for deployment, and I forgot to mention that my friend has also recommended a warp hunter.

So, a list with a Spiritseer, wraithguard in a wave serpent, 2xwraithlords, a warp hunter, and a hemlock comes to 1079 points. That leaves almost 200 points for upgrades and equipment (everything is base right now). Any recommendations?

Throw upgrades onto the wave serpent and warp hunter to increase their durability, 200 points isn't going to get you something like another wraithlord so upgrade what you have.  People are hip to the durability of transports-- might as well make them that much beefier so they can take all the hits that will be thrown at them! 

If you can coax your opponent into charging the warp hunter (like parking it on a critical objective since you won't want to move it as the hunter has heavy weapons), use the Rift profile of the weapon in overwatch as it hits automatically and does d6 wounds a piece! 

Let us know how the game goes, maybe take some pictures?

Edited by The_Chaplain

We'll see if we can park it or not. That depends entirely on whether I am defender or attacker in this upcoming scenario.

I can try to take pictures, but all I have is my smartphone. Definitely will report the battle's results.

We'll see if we can park it or not. That depends entirely on whether I am defender or attacker in this upcoming scenario.

I can try to take pictures, but all I have is my smartphone. Definitely will report the battle's results.

chaos is the defender this week (week 2)

Edited by The_Chaplain

Just one more day until I battle. I've added a crystal targeting matrix to the warp hunter and vectored engines to the wave serpent. Gave one wraithlord a bright lance and the other a ghost glaive. Finally, I gave d-scythes to the Wraithguard. Still have a 100 points leftover. I could throw in a squad of rangers, have them sneak in on one of the flanks and just harass the enemy. Maybe weaken enemy commanders before the wraith finish the job. 

Also, finally wrote an intro to last week's battle from the perspective of the Aeldari. 

~~~

Compared to the snow-covered peaks of Ueldrass, the temperate climate of Astaramis may has well been a tropical summer. Autarch Davien ignored the heat as well as he could as he surveyed an old battlefield. It had once been the outer reaches of the filthy, metal blocks the Mon'keigh referred to as a city, Hive Hallentia. However, that was before the forces of Chaos had invaded and driven the Mon'keigh defenders deep into the hive. From what Davien understood, the Mon'keigh had managed to create a stand, hinged upon the city's inner gates.

And prevail they would... if the Autarch deigned to intervene. 

Before him, servants of the Lord of Plague toiled away to change the fate of the Quintus Gate. A Chaos lord was establishing this place as a forward chantry to summon more powers in the Lord of Plague's service. As Davien watched, a sorceror wreathed in flies finished another ritual. A form arose at the center of a green-glowing star. Rolling fat and cancerous growths shook as the being burst in laughter as it entered the material realm, a Daemon Prince come. 

Davien glanced at the wispy woman by his side, calling on centuries of self-discipline to smother the rage and disgust clawing within. "Farseer, will this really deal a blow to the Primordial Annihilator?"

Unlike the Autarch, Thira Mor went unhelmed, allowing her long bright tresses to billow in the wind. Without looking at Davien, she reached into her pouch and threw a fistful of wraithbones into the air. Although it had been much time since he had travailed the Path of the Witch, Davien could sense power shifting through the bones, though he did not understand the meaning. Thira reached down to carefully collect the bones as she stated, "If we do not slay them, the forces you see now will multiply in power and number."

Davien cast a frustrated look back at the Mon'keigh 'city'. Though he would sooner curse than aid them, the Mon'keigh as a threat paled in comparison to Chaos. He stepped forward before mounting his personal jetbike. "To war then."

Edited by simison

Alright, I blame computer problems for this upload taking so long. 

Ueldrass Wraith

This is the army I fought with. The color scheme is the Eldar of the snowy Maiden World Ueldrass. I take no credit as it is my friend's army.

IF Primaris

This was my opponent's army. There is a Primaris Captain & Apothecary, while the infantry are the Hellblasters. 

No Contemptor Or warp hunter

This was the start of Turn 2. The warp hunter had successfully slain the contemptor with chainfist before being wiped out when the IF focused all of their firepower on it, except the Repulsor.

Hilariously, the Repulsor fired all 1700 weapon systems at the wraithlord on the left. It completely whiffed and would suffered for its incompetence next turn.  

On The Flank!

The wraithfighter moves in to finish off its aerial opponent. The rangers did what they can, but ultimately only did a single mortal wound in the entire game. They didn't even distract the enemy, so I'm not sure about if they were a good investment of a 100 points. 

The Final Charge

This was the start of Turn 3, I think. The hellblasters had wiped out both the wraithlords after the wraithlords had taken out the Repulsor. But now the hellblasters are standing out in the open right before I slam them with the d-scythes.  

In the end, the squad would be wiped out to a man before my wraithguard would consolidate back to the deployment zone. The captain would give chase but die quickly. The apothecary would be the lone IF survivor. 

The game ended 10-6 VPs, my favor. Stealing initiative really helped me out since I was able to wipe out the contemptor before it could use its chainfist on any of my units. 

Next game is today, and I'm trying to pack in vehicles as per the mission. My limit is 1500, and I don't know if I will be attacker or defender. My key question is, which is better: fire prism, falcon, night spinner, or just take cheap wave serpents?

Another victory for Ueldrass! 

Aeldari!

Raptors!

My Battle line!

The Raptor's Defense Zone

The Eldar Advance!

First Blood!

Warp Hunter Down!

Eldar reaching For The edge!

Plasma before disappearing!

The Raptors' Charge!

The Defense Zone Is breaking!

Autarch alone!

Librarians kills Autarch!

Autarch avenged!

Confused Scouts

In the end, the Raptors simply didn't bring in enough anti-tank firepower. The wraithfight specifically targeted his devastator squad and wiped them out in turn 1. Then did the same thing on turn 2 to his hellblasters. After that, I only lost the Autarch because he didn't make the charge. I specifically didn't table him for fluff reasons, instead exiting the battlefield since Ueldrass is ultimately working against Chaos.

...despite the massive space marine casualties of course.

Played a game against Tau (defender) with my aeldari today.   Despite being seized on (!), I managed to essentially table him by the time we had to call the game (he had one broadside left).

Being able to get units back from the sustained assault rule? Unbelievably good considering it was a commander star list. 

Oh, and the special strategem card where you can use a psychic power twice?  Magnificent.  

So, Chaplain, since my game for this week isn't until Wednesday, what do you think of this list idea? 

Battalion Detachment, and the large majority of the army is guardians with warlocks since I'm told that it's only a 2+ to send a Troop Unit back into the fray. Throw in a fire prism and a wraithfighter for tank and air support. The fire prism stays back to keep an anchor on the field and lob long-range fire, while the wraithfighter flies in to knock out heavier defense emplacements. The rest of the enemy gets mobbed by the guardians. How viable does that sound? 

The biggest problem I see with this is that there's no guarantee I'll fight Chaos next week, and I might be stuck as Defender. At which point, my lack of a more balanced list will come back to bite me.

So, Chaplain, since my game for this week isn't until Wednesday, what do you think of this list idea? 

Battalion Detachment, and the large majority of the army is guardians with warlocks since I'm told that it's only a 2+ to send a Troop Unit back into the fray. Throw in a fire prism and a wraithfighter for tank and air support. The fire prism stays back to keep an anchor on the field and lob long-range fire, while the wraithfighter flies in to knock out heavier defense emplacements. The rest of the enemy gets mobbed by the guardians. How viable does that sound? 

The biggest problem I see with this is that there's no guarantee I'll fight Chaos next week, and I might be stuck as Defender. At which point, my lack of a more balanced list will come back to bite me.

So, footslogging the guardians across the field with warlocks and taking pot shots with the fire prism; all the while the hemlock does it's thing and smites stuff as well as roasting things alive?  

Could work, if you can consistently get conceal off on to the mobs of guardians and take a gun platform it could get some work done.   If you have the turret for your fire prism magnetized, I might recommend the night spinner over the prism.  People love to hide their vehicles and tougher units in cover or at least to deny line of sight- the spinner can attack units it doesn't have line of sight to and if you can get a farseer in your list to cast guide or doom consistently? Those units dug in like ticks won't be such an issue.  Then again, I have atrociously bad dice rolling, so the relatively minimal amount of shots from a fire prism is why it's fallen out of favor with me considering my bad hit/wound rolling. 

Hmmm, that's a fair point. The nightspinner has a range of 40 inches, which isn't half bad. Maybe a second nightspinner would be in order. 

But yes, the main idea is to have the guardians take advantage of Battle Focus and move rapidly into combat range after being knocked out. But, in that situation, would I really want to take a gun platform with them? Won't that just slow the guardians down?

Hmmm, that's a fair point. The nightspinner has a range of 40 inches, which isn't half bad. Maybe a second nightspinner would be in order. 

But yes, the main idea is to have the guardians take advantage of Battle Focus and move rapidly into combat range after being knocked out. But, in that situation, would I really want to take a gun platform with them? Won't that just slow the guardians down?

What's the movement on the platform? Don't have my index with me.   If it has a shuriken cannon on it, it can still move and shoot reliably.  The platform can also tank wounds that would otherwise kill a guardian outright