Aeldari Konor Participation

The_Chaplain

Hmmm, that's a fair point. The nightspinner has a range of 40 inches, which isn't half bad. Maybe a second nightspinner would be in order. 

But yes, the main idea is to have the guardians take advantage of Battle Focus and move rapidly into combat range after being knocked out. But, in that situation, would I really want to take a gun platform with them? Won't that just slow the guardians down?

What's the movement on the platform? Don't have my index with me.   If it has a shuriken cannon on it, it can still move and shoot reliably.  The platform can also tank wounds that would otherwise kill a guardian outright

The platform has the same movement as the Guardians, so there's no speed differential to worry about.

Hmmm, that's a fair point. The nightspinner has a range of 40 inches, which isn't half bad. Maybe a second nightspinner would be in order. 

But yes, the main idea is to have the guardians take advantage of Battle Focus and move rapidly into combat range after being knocked out. But, in that situation, would I really want to take a gun platform with them? Won't that just slow the guardians down?

What's the movement on the platform? Don't have my index with me.   If it has a shuriken cannon on it, it can still move and shoot reliably.  The platform can also tank wounds that would otherwise kill a guardian outright

The platform has the same movement as the Guardians, so there's no speed differential to worry about.

Interesting. Yeah, in that case, I see no reason not to bring the platform for some extra firepower. 

I have a list partially started, battalion detachment: 3 squads of guardians with 2 warlocks and 2 nightspinners. As usual, I have an Autarch warlord with shining spears for some CC power and the hemlock. Now, I have to double-check if I have enough models for the guardians, but I have almost 500 points to spare as is. I was thinking about throwing in a wraithknight out of laziness, but I've heard that the Eldar LoWs are now far less efficient than they used to be.

Any suggestions?

I have a list partially started, battalion detachment: 3 squads of guardians with 2 warlocks and 2 nightspinners. As usual, I have an Autarch warlord with shining spears for some CC power and the hemlock. Now, I have to double-check if I have enough models for the guardians, but I have almost 500 points to spare as is. I was thinking about throwing in a wraithknight out of laziness, but I've heard that the Eldar LoWs are now far less efficient than they used to be.

Any suggestions?

Well, I won't lie- the idea of a wraithknight charging up the field soaking up fire as a distraction only to potentially come back on a 4+ in this weeks mission is really amusing.  It would certainly draw fire away from your guardian units...

Oh right, sustained assault. ...hmmmm. Well, you've convinced me, I dropped a night spinner and added the wraithknight and a shining spear. Although it would've been cheaper to go with the CC version, I maxed out long-range artillery in case I do get stuck on defense. In that scenario, I hold back. The night spinner and wraithknight act as artillery, while the hemlock still targets high-power units. 

Place the three objectives just inside the range of the shuriken catapults and place the guardians in nearby ruins for cover saves. Warlocks use Conceal to boost up the cover save. Only on Turn 5 do the guardians move out to secure the objectives. Ideally, the enemy will go for the objectives and get shot up while being out in the open. The autarch and his shining spears is a Quick Reaction Force, plug holes in the defense and counter deep striking/CC units that threaten the guardians. 

I was slaughtered. I didn't roll high enough and was forced to be Defender. My opponent successfully resurrected every unit that I killed: a hellblaster squad and a Grey Knight terminator squad.

That wasn't what murdered me. He brought a Knight Atrapos. My wraithknight shot at him every turn. I only did 3 wounds, while he shaved off 10 wounds with only 2 shots from one weapon.

I scored nothing. My only consolation prize was that it was still an Imperium victory.

I was slaughtered. I didn't roll high enough and was forced to be Defender. My opponent successfully resurrected every unit that I killed: a hellblaster squad and a Grey Knight terminator squad.

That wasn't what murdered me. He brought a Knight Atrapos. My wraithknight shot at him every turn. I only did 3 wounds, while he shaved off 10 wounds with only 2 shots from one weapon.

I scored nothing. My only consolation prize was that it was still an Imperium victory.

I hate playing against my friend and his knight household for the same reason- imperial knights are amazing, and wraithknights by comparison are lackluster.  They have too many guns that do too much damage compared to humble wraithknight

Honestly, it wouldn't be terrible, except the knight gets an invul save. He made so many 4++ saves, and the Atrapos is specifically made to fight either Lords of War, like the wraithknight.

Seized the initiative in my campaign game today-- reduced hiis mechanicus army to about 5 models after first turn and first blooded his imperial knight!

...Unfortunately said knight exploded out 11'' and did some nasty damage to some of my units (including 5 wounds on my autarch warlord! ouch!)

Still, 2 campaign wins in 2 weeks has me feeling pretty confident my army composition and tactics aren't completely awful.  (Then again I play against my friend's knight household all the time so that deflates a lot of my confidence.)