Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mentions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,644 posts

I'm not overly certain if this is possible with the current forum software, but it's something that's proven handy on other forums.

Basically, the mention system allows for one user to tag another user in order to notify them or a direct response to a post (and/or being 'mentioned'). Functionally, it appears as @Isinfier, @WarriorFish, @sfPanzer, @Brother 'shopping at' Argos, whilst also hotlinking to that users profile. To the target of the 'mention', it appears as a notification informing them that they've been tagged.

It's a nifty, helpful little system that can make threads a little easier to work with.

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,028 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
As best I can tell, it's not possible with the current version of the board software, but I think it's "built in" in the next version. Once we complete our repairs and upgrades, I imagine we'll get mentions then.
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures
I'll look over the features list but I'm not sure it is in 4.x either.

It has been something we've wanted for a while.

You will be able to link your Twitter and Facebook accounts to your B&C account after the upgrade.
  • Isinfier likes this

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,034 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

The IP.Board site isn't particularly helpful with regards to features so a quick check found nothing, however the more updated version does have an integrated plugin system so it could be possible to find or create a plugin to do this. I agree it'd certainly be useful to alert people to something they might find interesting for example.

gallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Commissar | CSM Daemonettes | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight | DE Sslyth

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,638 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

I'd be happy to get notifications working again. 

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

In the grim darkness of the far future, hope is the first step to despair.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,293 posts

It'd make it easier to draw a particular Frater's attention to something. Hopefully this won't lead to people making posts purely to nametag someone, though... ermm.gif

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users