DW Kill Team box a little light in options?

FenrirTheFeisty

Started to build my first kill team from the DW starter set and finding that the sprues dont actually have many options on them. No bolt pistols and chainswords or two handed bolters. Although Power weapons are great in this edition id still prefer to have chainswords as they are free and a bolter guis just concentrating on shooting their bolters not waving theyr arms around like lunatics

Yeah, the other army i play is Space Wolves. But their stuff is so covered in skulls and fangs and stuff that its not really a match. Have to find some stuff onlyne and from frinds then. Built my first kill team with bolters and swords. Atleast my group is relaxed about that kind of thing if i use them as chainswords.

I'd almost say it helps to have a regular space marine army as you go... i've used bits from devastators, vanguards, sternguard and tactical marines. Assuming you're trying to build them true vs proxy.

I have a space wolf box and half a blood angel box waiting to be consumed :teehee:

Yeah i was planning on doing this packpack bolter look for a kill team. But is kinda hard if your marines are holding their bolters with only one hand. They do have awesome looking bolters but i think i have to have a look around to find some options that better suit my ideas

Unless I wanted one of the DW weapons I mostly used the shoulder pads. I like their power packs a lot, and the chests, but those don't work well with most arm / boltgun combinations bc of the extra pouches.

Chainswords - I typically use the Boltgun + power sword and explain to my opponents - they're chainswords; no one has cried.

I find the lack of two-handed bolters kinda obnoxious, to be honest - the fantasy of the Deathwatch to me was always "Spec Ops Space Marines," but the set seems determined to give them all power swords...

And also shows a lack of understanding about the codex they created - most DW will roll naked with just bolter and SIA, if that changes it's generally for a Frag Cannon or Stalker. Power sword + anything makes for a pricey 1W 3+ save model.