Coming back to Crimson Fists in my Near Future

Pbenner

Hi guys,

While I'm predominantly a Deathwing player when it comes to Imperium, but I've always had a soft spot for the Crimson Fists.

I currently have a model collection that is more an example of "that's cool I want to paint it" or "yeah, that's fluffy, let's do it..." but I would like to start getting ready to have them as a viable option for my stores current league play.

My current model count is:

Pedro Kantor

Chaplain x3

Librarian x5

Captains x6

Sternguard x30-35

Tactical Marines x30 ish

Scouts x20 ?

Devastator with Las x1 (10 strong)

Devastator with Missiles x1 (10 Strong)

36 Bikes including Captain and Apothecary and Banner. Not fully built and can be changed out.

5 Rhinos (with stuff to make then Whirlwind or Razorback if desired)

3 Storm Talons

2 Storm Ravens

1 AoBR Dread

2 Mortis Missile Dread

2 Mortis Las Dreads

3 Contempor Dreads with Kheres and Fist (getting in trade) these are IF specific iconography so I am happy camper.

While I don't have deep pockets, I am probably willing to get a few things added to this list to get it fully functional. I don't know what I would add though or what I should look at adding so I am at your mercy.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Edited by Pbenner

I wasn't intending on rocking the whole model list as an army, but what I was looking for was more of a "These are too good to be ignored this edition" type units that I may not see at a glance as I haven't played SM yet this edition much, and have yet to play a Power Armor army, but have been playing my Deathwing a little.  

I'm going to dig through the Codex over the next few days.  I've borrowed from a friend for now, need to buy one.  Just pissed that they want $50 for the Digital edition...  

From my experience, I always take captains and Las cannon devs in my lists. Quite often i take 2 captains as i will have one buff my frontline troops and 1 for my backfield shooters. Centurion Devs will always hold a very dear place in my heart due to the pain they can put out, but they are extremely expensive. Apothecaries are great for their cost and if you have any multi wound units, keep the Apotho close.

Lieutenants as well work extremely well and up the amount of wounds you get from either your standard rank and file tac marines or from the devs.

Sternguard with their special issue bolters standing next to a captain with the Storm of Fire Trait, using the Master marksman strategem are awesome and could potentially make your opponent weep