+++ Dark Raiders: Renegade Astartes for 8th +++

Prot

Not quite that much - they will receive a treatment similar to the Legions (Trait/Warlord Trait/Stratagem/Relic). Still a big step in the right direction, but not quite as comprehensive as what the Crimson Fists received with their multiple relics & stratagems. And based on the picture in the preview article, it doesn't look like they get a lot of lore, bar whatever they get up to in the actual Vigilus campaign.

Crimson Slaighter were buried pretty heavily by the end of 7th. It does surprise me that GW are treating them as a valid fighting force again. As mentioned there was a lot of effort put into them over the past few Codexes (since 6th?) But the fiction towards the end of 7th is fairly straight forward in indicating that they were thrown to the slaughter by Abaddon. And as a result Kranon took off with his LT's and starting killing Black Legionaires.

Interesting twist, but a bit awkward if you ask me.

The Flawless Host is cool news. I quite enjoy their paint scheme.

So do I, I searched a while for something to base my Slaanesh Renegades on... it came down to Flawless Host and Angels of Ecstasy.  In the end, I just happen to stumble upon a spray paint that was just a shade darker than Rakarth Flesh and that pretty much made my decision for me.

I’m really curious about the new rules. I’ve got a squad of the old metal plague marines that I’m painting as The Purge CSMs since they look so puny next to Death Guard, as well as some

Nurgle Warp Talons.

Fallen detachment looks interesting. Their stratagem is good and Cypher messing with people's ability to farm command points is great. Being able to add Rhinos and Chaos Sorcerers is huge, so even if Fallen stay Elites, you could field both a Vanguard with Cypher and a Supreme Command with 3x Sorcerers. 

We'll see how it plays out.

I just hope Fallen don't suck. The unit of Fallen are basically worse Chosen, or "Yo dawg, I want to take an army of chosen, but that rule of three be a pain and all" and were left behind when chosen got buffed (still say they should be wide open, if you want 10 guys with plasma guns, plasma pistols and powerfists you should be able to get them with that, or 10 guys with dual plasma pistols, though you now can take every guy has a power weapon so that's cool, if redundant in the face of terminators and warp talons existing)

The Flawless Host is cool news. I quite enjoy their paint scheme.

So do I, I searched a while for something to base my Slaanesh Renegades on... it came down to Flawless Host and Angels of Ecstasy.  In the end, I just happen to stumble upon a spray paint that was just a shade darker than Rakarth Flesh and that pretty much made my decision for me.

Just realised you're here too! 

So, my Dusk Raiders army now uses Red Corsair rules and no one can stop me. I just wish the hit about Chaos Space Marines has been a part of the codex proper...

Yup that is the nice thing about the new renegade traits, there's now a whole range of unique renegade traits you can use to represent any sort of renegade chapter force. I will also likely be using Red Corsairs for my own unique renegade chapter, gaining a bonus from using standard marines just seems too good to pass up on.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...