Always Angry All the Time!

Jorre

So I have been collecting Blood Angels for ever and with the new 8th ED and Primaris marines I am looking to try something new! After having a good laugh at some Angry Marines cartoons I thought I would make them my new Primaris chapter.

I know I am not the first one with this idea and Im sure far better hobbiests have done it better than me, but this is my take on the chapter.

My First model!

gallery_48822_12866_77207.jpg

The insignias and writing on this chapter are ment to be quite cartoony and messy. So for someone that has always struggled with these techniques I'm hoping it doesnt look to silly!

I have heaps more planned!

He just respected board rules.

Personally I am not a fan of Angry Marines. But let me say you this. If you put out mire of the quality, I become a fan of yours. The weathering is brilliant. A very clean and great style.

So next I'll be working on some hellblasters and a primaris Librarian.

One issue I'm having with the new Primaris is customizing them.... there is very little need to aside from changing a couple shoulders here or there! The models are already so nice there is little point to changing much.

So in order to up my hobby score at events I need to come up with a few cool ideas without making the models look worse!

My first attempt will be to make something cool for the Primaris Librarian. In stead of the usual glowy outstreached pointing hand id like to make some kind of spectral fist shooting out of his hand flipping the enemies of mankind the bird!

Thanks Midnight Runner.

My yellow is still in the experimental stage, but for this model did the following

Black undercoat

Zenitial Spray of Averland sunset

Good coat of casandora yellow shade (don't let it pool)

Edge highlight with Dornan yellow

I'd like to find a nice dark brown to undercoat with instead of the black!

Ok conversion work on my Primaris Librarian and his very rude psychic manifestation are done, but I don't want to risk breaking forum rules by posting it here. If you want to see it you will have to jump on my facebook page "Only Angels may fly - Blood Angels". There is a link in my signature. Would love some opinions I'm not great with greenstuff!

• 1 month later...

So despite my lack of updates I have made a bit of progress on these guys! Hope you like! I kept the profanity hidden in the photos!

gallery_48822_12866_99808.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_59306.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_31828.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_34580.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_65423.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_95622.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_54233.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_22139.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_46029.jpg

The Angry Librarian is almost complete and I have 2 Dreadnaughts underway!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a way to paint a warm yellow quickly (spray, wash, highlight/brush), and your base colour is exactly what I've been looking for!

Have you replaced the black undercoating with a dark brown on your hellblasters or have your been using black on them as well? Also, which colours did you use on the Aquila?

I've been looking for a way to paint a warm yellow quickly (spray, wash, highlight/brush), and your base colour is exactly what I've been looking for!

Have you replaced the black undercoating with a dark brown on your hellblasters or have your been using black on them as well? Also, which colours did you use on the Aquila?

The hellblasters are still using a black undercoat. I have been experimenting with brown undercoats on my dreads (No pictures yet sorry) but I havnt found one dark enough yet so im not really happy with the result. I think i'll have to unpack my airbrush to get the brown base I want.

The aquila are just painted white then a heavy nuln oil shade then carefully picking out the edges with more white.

Lovely models, though I'm not a fan of the airbrushed plasma "glow".  The reds and yellows are stellar!  I discovered Angry Marines a few years back and wonder how far back the idea goes. The very first box of beakies I got in 1992 I made the Furious Fists, who's battle cry was " :censored: off and DIE!!" I'm thinking the idea of angry 'roid rage marines has been around as long as marines. :)

Looking forward to the Dreads. You'd almost think Angry Marines would get injured on purpose to be in a dreadnaught so they could bring the pain at that level.

Archived