So here we go.
Again, the following are just some notes and ideas I'd like to elaborate when the time is right.
"Blood and honor!"
- The Warbeasts were once part of the Unnumbered Sons, acting as Lord Guilimans scouts, hunters and enforcers.
- During the Indomitus Crusade, the 16th chapter of the Greyshields was tasked with certain erradication campaigns, razing those worlds, which were utterly lost to both, Chaos and Xenos alike. He used them for the most horrendous tasks, just like his father did with the chapter's primogenitor.
- The majority of the 16th chapter consisted of both, Terran and Fenrisian recruits, which were gifted with the legacy of Leman Russ. While the Terran Primaris suffered from a raised tendency to all out brutality and annihilation, did the Fenrisian recruits temper their bloodlust, acting soon as the steward of their brothers.
- It was both, their heritage and gifted talent and their commitment to the cause of the Indomitus Crusade, that made them a suitable and successfull weapon in the hands of the Lord Commander.
- During one battle, they fought at the side of the Deathwatch. Among these was an old Wolfpriest, who acknowledged them as distant cousins but not as brothers. This especially bothered the Fenrisian members of the 16th chapter, as they were constantly trying to proof themselves in order to become worthy of their heroic brothers.
- When the Indomitus Crusade came to an end, Lord Guiliman gave orders to his seasoned armies. Some were task to support their brothers, who had to face extinction, Others, like the 16th chapter, received certain realms or important strategic positions to protect. The 16th chapter was tasked to reengage the Dominion of Storms within the Imperium Nihilus.
- The Dominion was known as a large realm, covered in unstable storms and other stelar phenomena. It was also home of the Astartes Tempesti, an ancient order consisting of three chapters and their allies. It still had the potential of an valuable bulwark, a staging point from which the requisition of the northern half of the galaxy could begin.
- Thus, the 16th chapter was sent into unknown climes. Surprisingly enough, did they get support in form of a smal pack of their brother chapter, the Space Wolves. Led by the same Wolfpriest at whose side they once had fought, this pack was send by none other than Logan Grimnar in order to act as some kind of spiritual guides for their newly discovered brothers. The Wolfpriest and his pack shall teach these Primaris of what I meant to be a Fenrisian and a true son of Russ. Further, they shall guide them to establish themselves in the confusion after the Great Rift's opening.
- Here's some conflict potential as the Primaris of the 16th chapter recognize the Legion during the time of Russ himself. Some had even seen their genefather. Their current brothers differed a lot from what they remembered. They (16th chapter) see themselves as the true sons of Fenris and further, of Russ. So here we might have some development progress as both ideologies have to face each other and find a common solution.
- After entering the Dominion, they rediscovered the Domerian cluster and one of the Astartes Tempesti, the Phantom Blades.
- In order to support their newfound allies in securing the Domerian realm and further, the Dominion bit by bit, the 16th chapter decided to take a world for their own need of recruits. With the helpf of both, the Wolfpriest's pack and the Phantom Blades did they found a suitable world, Zerus (not 100% decided)
- As a result, they start to settle down, while fighting alongside the Phantom Blades.
- They still haven't settled everything until now, for now, there is another culture which becomes important to them: those of their new people, the population of Zerus.
- The Wolfpriest encouraged them by stating that they have to walk their own path and find themselves upon Zerus.
- Along the newly adapted culture of Zerus and the support of their Wolfborn brothers, do the renamed Warbeasts start to change: taking up arms for close combat, start to differ from the words of their former Lord Guiliman, developing their own culture, etc.
- If that would not be enough, the remaining Dominion had to be freed from the shackle of the Heretic, the Mutant and the Xenos. There was still a lot lurking out there. And the Warbeasts were here to chase them down. They were born in blood, raised in war and will die in honor. For Russ!
That's what I got thus far regarding their foundation, the Indomitus crusade and so on.
When I'm ready to work with them (after revising the Phantom Blades), I'll expand upon this and turn it into a full Primaris article.
Hope that it's at least reasonable enough for now to understand.
Things for future consideration:
- reaction of the Phantom Blades towards the Warbeasts and the revelation they brought with them
- said reaction of the other Astartes Tempesti, as for now, both are MIA
- acceptance of the Space Wolves - yes or no?
- what will happen with the Wolfborn, who joined the Warbeasts?
- are more Primaris on their way to bolster the ranks of the Tempesti? How will they react?
- interaction between Warbeasts and the Dominion (people, Imperial Guard, AdMech, Knights and so on)
Sorry for doubleposting!
Edited by Kelborn, 29 September 2017 - 05:37 AM.