Space Wolves Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought WIP

Started working on the pose now. 

I wanted it too look like he's just walking along scanning for targets.  I tend to pose most of my models with a lowered gun, for me it looks cocky... a rookie would be holding his weapon up to his face looking around nervously, whereas a pro would be holding it muzzle down so he can whip it up at the last second to make the kill shot.  Yeah I know in real life that extra half a second would be a disadvantage but I grew up watching the old John Wayne Westerns and he always out gunned the bad guy.

Redemptor 64

Hey folks,

I've got a cheeky request...

I really want to get a mould from the scroll work from the front fins of the Stormfang gunship and I really don't want to buy one as I'm not a fan and I'd never paint it, so was hoping someone out there has one and is able to make me a press mould so I can use it on my dred'?

This is the symbol:

Symbol

You will have my eternal gratitude and I will name my dred' after you (maybe)!

(Also am I the only one that thinks that Wolf Head looks like Muttley from Dick Dastardly and Muttley?)
Edited by sbarnby71

Added a bit of extra detail to the rear now.  Took a cast from the wolf pelt from the Venerable Dred':

Redemptor 67

Came out quite well apart from the claws, as it was a difficult shape to cast from, but I will tidy them up with some more green stuff.

This is going to be attached just under the power plant housing, I might put it on some chain links to give it a bit more length as it's a little short on these bigger Dreds:

Redemptor 68

Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah Triszin, if you had blu-stuff, you can cast from a painted surface and it does damage the paint.

I dont have blue stuff, I however have Instant mold reusable molding stuff.

I can make you a mold with that if you so desired?

Thanks guys! :-)

Sagentus, I get the blu-stuff from here: https://blu-stuff.com/  I use the putty they sell, it's pretty easy to work with, but the best advice is to use about twice the amount you think you'll need, so you do end up with a lot of excess around it, but it makes the mould easier to work with and less fragile.

Edited by sbarnby71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Painting has started, base coat of The Fang:

Redemptor 70

I've been going backwards and forwards with different ideas on the paint scheme, for 20+ years I used the Baby-Blue, so I've been doing some tests with slightly darker blues, one that has stood out for me is Scale 75 Bering Blue, but do feel it is a little too close to the Alpha legion colour.

Edited by sbarnby71

sfPanzer you are totally right, it does look like Ultrmarine Blue, so not a fan of the new GW colours for Space Wolves, The Fan is too blue. 

I normally undercoat white, but as I wanted a slightly dark look to the model, went the Fang and it was raining so couldn't use my spray cans.

Edited by sbarnby71

I don't mind the SW blue as much but I certainly prefer the more grey-ish color scheme from their HH times so maybe try going into that direction instead of a darker blue?