Noise Marine Music Rule.

So that says: They may make their shooting attack WHENEVER THEY ARE SLAIN with one of their normal weapons or even a grenade EVEN IF THE ENEMY IS WITHIN 1.

A guy moved his men right up to 1 inch away and attacked, then didn't let me use that both in the shooting phase where it SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED.

But the question is would that have still been allowed in close combat?

It says they are NEVER allowed within 1 except during the charging and fighting phases.

So that means I should have been allowed to use my normal weapons and not just the pistols.

Also. That says WHENEVER THEY ARE SLAIN. and EVEN WITHIN 1. So that would suggest the combat phase. Because it literally says WHENEVER THEY ARE SLAIN.

I'm 99% sure but I think the guy cheated me not allowing me to use the rules of my own army in that battle. The guy acted like he was so generous letting me use a pistol for the attacks when the noise marines were slain there.

Also, it wasn't exactly good sportsmanship when I was RIGHT ABOUT TO WIN either through slaying his 1 remaining guy on the table, capturing the objective, and / or both in the same turn where the guy got angry, had a fit and just quit right there.

Summary Question: Was he right or did he cheat me in that battle.

Side Note: The guy has a well known hatred for noise marines and a reputation for cheating and /or being shady with the rules in ways like that.

... If he shot you, he had to be more than 1" away. ...

Excepting, of course, if he shot your dudes with pistols.

Indeed, or other weapons that specifically allow you to shoot within 1". Pistols weren't mentioned in the OP though.

... If he shot you, he had to be more than 1" away. ...

Excepting, of course, if he shot your dudes with pistols.

But he'd have needed a successful CHARGE in the charge phase to get there, he can't just walk to within an inch.

Rik

But he'd have needed a successful CHARGE in the charge phase to get there, he can't just walk to within an inch.

Rik

Someone had to charge somewhere at some point, I'll grant that, but in the full pedantic spirit of an OR debate it might depend on how strict we were with the notion of just 'moving guys up to within an inch'. After all, if it was done with a pile in or consolidate it might've been onside.

Still, this all follows from an emotionally charged story from over a week ago. We'll likely never really know what went down and ultimately it doesn't really matter.

I remain confident in my assertion in the second post of this thread. The other guy probably cheated. Just not quite sure on what the full indictment would be. This is not to be construed as an invitation to examine that as I strongly suspect it would veer far wide of the OR's mandate.

Rik

Someone had to charge somewhere at some point, I'll grant that, but in the full pedantic spirit of an OR debate it might depend on how strict we were with the notion of just 'moving guys up to within an inch'. After all, if it was done with a pile in or consolidate it might've been onside.

Still, this all follows from an emotionally charged story from over a week ago. We'll likely never really know what went down and ultimately it doesn't really matter.

I remain confident in my assertion in the second post of this thread. The other guy probably cheated. Just not quite sure on what the full indictment would be. This is not to be construed as an invitation to examine that as I strongly suspect it would veer far wide of the OR's mandate.

Actually, I'd be tempted to say that it doesn't really matter for the purpose of the original question whether there was a charge or not. The special ability of the noise marine kicks in when they die, regardless of which phase, and regardless of whether there's an enemy model within 1". Shooting phase, charge phase or even psychic phase...

So I was checking the FAQ and they recently released some Q&A about Noise Marines , as well as other factions. So while some people told me yes and no, both were right, sort of. I apologize if I made any mistakes and / or offense about that. But this should clarify that either way. Yes They CAN use their weapons to shoot ant any target they want that is withing range of their weapons. BUT they must use their pistol is if the target is Within 1. But if it is 1 or beyond they may use whatever ranged weapon they want according to some of the places I checked today. Here were their official responses. I asked since I wanted to know the rules better and make sure I got them right. Here is what they said from the FAQ Secton some people said to check On That.

Q: Can a Noise Marine use his Music of the Apocalypse ability if it flees the battlefield? A: No. This ability can only be used when the model is slain.

Q: Can a Noise Marine that is slain use his Music of the Apocalypse ability to shoot any viable target, or does it have to target the unit that killed him? A: It can shoot at any viable target.

Q: If several Noise Marines are slain in the same attack, can they each use their Music of the Apocalypse ability to throw a grenade, or can only one of them do so? A: Each of them can throw a grenade.

Q: If a Noise Marine is slain whilst its unit is within 1" of an enemy unit, can he use his Music of the Apocalypse ability to shoot the unit that is within 1"? A: Yes, but only with a Pistol.

Q: If a Noise Marine is slain in the Fight phase, and he uses his Music of the Apocalypse ability to shoot an Imperium unit and subsequently rolls a 6+ to hit, does the Death to the False Emperor ability then grant him an extra attack with that weapon, even though it’s a ranged weapon? A: Yes. In this situation, make an extra hit roll against the target on a hit roll of 6+.

I'm glad you've managed to work this out, and would that we were more help to you in the process.

For the edification of future readers, the FAQ cited in the preceding post may be found here. On the right hand column, second page of the document.

Not the conclusion I reached on my initial reading, but I can see how they got there.