Tactica Agressors: Load outs and strategy

Prot

I wonder if the aura from an Ancient would help in that case.  Sure, it wouldn't keep them from dying per se, but getting an extra Shoot action on the way out could be very nice and might discourage an opponent from picking a fight.

Stick an Apothecary there too, getting a free round of shooting followed by coming back from the dead can be extremely annoying. Alternatively Lieutenants help them do more with their S4 hits, whilst a Chaplain helps them out in melee.

I think, moreso than any pre-existing unit, they really need Character support auras to really get them to shine. The issue then is that the same tricks work for other models (Apoth + Ancient on Devastator Centurions, Chaplain + Lieutenant on Terminators), but the Aggressors being cheaper base does really matter if it helps you to sneak in an extra Character that you couldn't with a different choice.

Yea, the banner/apothecary thing is okay, but it gets really expensive. 

Well my Aggressors got returned. I proxied them for enough games that I just couldn't find any real use for them. I still think they need a good rule change. I don't think it's as simple as a point fix. That's just me, but they don't fit in any list I currently employ with Ultra's. They're just a redundancy that isn't particularly good.

I still feel like the Assault Cents are considerably better. I was using Assault Cents quite a bit before these guys came out. So the assault cents became my direct comparison in lists, and I don't think these guys work for me personally. 

I'm giving mine to Guilliman.  Grandaddy G, his Honor Guard, and bolter Aggressors that advance farther and reroll everything should be enough to cause some headaches.

I went 3-0 in a (admittedly not super competitive meta) tournament this weekend doing just this.  It worked great.

They were the uncontested shining stars of the first game where they planted themselves in Guilliman's aura and killed more orks than Captain Titus on a three-day weekend.  They were able to pick up 10-15 each time they fired...which is 20-30 in a gunline.

In the second game, they were neither good nor bad.  Against Grey Knights they killed a couple, but soaked about a million smites that couldn't get Guilliman, Tigurius, or the HG, and then died.  Which, while not ideal, was exactly what I expected and delivered an angry Primarch.  They died so Guilliman could win.

Finally, I played against a super-heavy spam list.  They were outright bad here.  But that's hardly their fault.  Even with rerolls, bolters don't really hurt knights.  Again, they body blocked as best they could and died.  But, again, they helped get Guilliman there.

As discussed, they are kind of a wonky unit.  But with bolters, they can keep up with Guilliman and not lose effectiveness, they really love to reroll everything, and they tend to draw fire that would otherwise be directed at the Honor Guard because they can put down most non-vehicle units if left unmolested.  I am considering adding an apothecary to this module as well.  I heartily recommend Aggressors in this role.

EDIT: Almost forgot: for the price, they are really efficient.  Their staying power is pretty minimal, but they either draw a disproportionate amount of attention, or put out dakka equal to half-again their points.  They are certainly no silver bullet, but I think if you are using Guilliman already, they should be very high on your list of your unit inclusion priorities

Edited by Brother Captain Ed