Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++BCK's Character Conversion Challenge Announcement+++

Brother Chaplain Kage Conversion Challenge Character Counts-as

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts
  • Chapter Name: Harvesters of Souls

This is specifically a character challenge and if you can tie him to an existing character that had rules at some point, sure. If not, I plan on doing more challenges after this, including a generic HQ.

Hmm good to know, maybe I'll wait untill that then, making a lost legion means you get no rules for named characters...

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgbokizST.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIth Legion Wardens of Light

This is specifically a character challenge and if you can tie him to an existing character that had rules at some point, sure. If not, I plan on doing more challenges after this, including a generic HQ.

Hmm good to know, maybe I'll wait untill that then, making a lost legion means you get no rules for named characters...

That is not true. You just have to come up with your rules and publish a rulebook for your legion.

The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 755 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons
There is always the option to make a count as character X.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts
  • Chapter Name: Harvesters of Souls

That is not true. You just have to come up with your rules and publish a rulebook for your legion.
Guess you're there, but it seems quite time consuming! Though maybe I'll do it one day...

There is always the option to make a count as character X.

Yes that is true and may end up doing it, will see.

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgbokizST.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

tu_shan82

tu_shan82

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
Just a thouht, feel free to dismiss as its your cmpetion not mine, but maybe the cmpetitin could be expanded to include named characters who havent actualy had rules for the tabletop but are still icnic to the universe like commissar ciaphas cain or captain leonatas of the blood angels, the latter of which has actualy had a model in the past. Also, on a similar note, named characters who have had rules in other games set in the 40k universe like cal jehrico or mad donna.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,517 posts

Just a thouht, feel free to dismiss as its your cmpetion not mine, but maybe the cmpetitin could be expanded to include named characters who havent actualy had rules for the tabletop but are still icnic to the universe like commissar ciaphas cain or captain leonatas of the blood angels, the latter of which has actualy had a model in the past. Also, on a similar note, named characters who have had rules in other games set in the 40k universe like cal jehrico or mad donna.

BCK has said Necromunda characters are a go, so Kal Jericho and Mad Donna are both viable entries.

gallery_48988_6285_23120.pnggallery_30308_9518_15054.png EcJeVZz.png  sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif gallery_48988_11572_1295.pnggallery_30308_9518_3457.png fBvPQb7.png gallery_48988_10069_19459.jpg wj0WOvZ.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,598 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

For the purposes of the challenge (and prize), I wanted to keep it to models that have had rules. You can enter any character from the setting you want, but it would a non-competitive entry if it never had any rules. 

dVIGLrG.pngC5pEYmg.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

In the grim darkness of the far future, hope is the first step to despair.

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,717 posts
  • Chapter Name: [REDACTED]

Random question, should I post progress and/or finished model here or in the sign-up thread?

gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Eldar
I'm seriously tempted to do Kruellagh the Vile, but I'm already working on a bunch of things I'm trying to get finished before the Xenos challenge eats all my hobby time for the next three months.

But it's so very tempting...

Edit: I mean actual, fully clothed Kruellagh, taking cues from her art, and not the unfortunate way so many people chose to paint her model...

Edited by Calyptra, 11 September 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts

Is a primaris version of an existing character acceptable as a competitive entry? Also do grenades count as a part of wysiwyg? I seem to have lost my little bag of grenades.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,517 posts

Is a primaris version of an existing character acceptable as a competitive entry? Also do grenades count as a part of wysiwyg? I seem to have lost my little bag of grenades.

This my plan, a "True Scale" Elam Courbray using Primaris models :tu:

Side note, pretty sure my bitz arrived today, but I wont be able to get to the Post Office til Wed.

gallery_48988_6285_23120.pnggallery_30308_9518_15054.png EcJeVZz.png  sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif gallery_48988_11572_1295.pnggallery_30308_9518_3457.png fBvPQb7.png gallery_48988_10069_19459.jpg wj0WOvZ.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,598 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Random question, should I post progress and/or finished model here or in the sign-up thread?

The sign up thread, which I completely forgot to change the name of after the event started. 

• Brother Aiwass likes this

dVIGLrG.pngC5pEYmg.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

In the grim darkness of the far future, hope is the first step to despair.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brother Chaplain Kage, Conversion, Challenge, Character, Counts-as

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users