Has GW neglected one of your favorite character models for years? *cough*Abaddon, Phoenix Lords*cough* Has GW given you an unsatisfactory character model? Did they never make one? Even if it's none of the above, do you think you can do a better job of it or not want to drop the cash? Then have I got the challenge for you!
Beginning September 1, 2017 and running until October 1, 2017, I will be hosting a conversion challenge to build your own version of a special character!
Rules, which I have shamelessly
stolen borrowed from some of Grotsmasha's earlier challenges, are as follows:
1) The finished model is not to be painted and the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal though the odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.
2) WYSIWYG applies here, so all relevant gear needs to be on the figure.
3) Maximum of 25% existing Character model:
---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.
---If the character never had a model, this part applies to any existing character model you might want to use parts from. This is a conversion challenge after all!
4) Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, from small details up to a full sculpt if you think you can pull it off.
5) 1 calendar month build time; September 1st 2017 until October 2nd 2017.
6) Multiple entries will be accepted provided you finish your first entry.
7) You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion!
8) Characters must use their most recent rules, whether from one of the indexes, or their respective codex if it is available.
But what if you want to make a counts-as for a character that's no longer with us? Grukk Face-Rippa, Nuadhu Fireheart, Sly Marbo, Most of the Dark Eldar characters, Captain Cortez, and Old One-Eye being just a few examples. Well, you can do that to, but the above rules still apply.
If you're interested, start gathering ideas and bits and a sign-up thread with signature banners will follow in a few weeks.
Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage, 09 August 2017 - 05:08 AM.