What Should Things Really Cost?

The Unseen

Given that the Codex is due to drop in November, I would be surprised if there is going to be time for any adjustment now. Given the time it takes to print and distribute, I suspect that if it is not finalised, it must be very close.

Have you a source for that please? Last leak I saw said diddly squat for us this year.

I think this may be confusion with the 30K / HH book which is due out by end of year, and ties into all those sweet doors, transfers, etc at the forge world weekender.

Im not that bothered about release date for the book, as long as things get fixed.

Our point costs need to be bought into line as outlined above.

We need a relevant and useful chapter tactic and command pint strategems. The Salamanders and White Scars ones are great, and if we could get something as powerful relating to deep strike charging

because we are awesome at shock and awe / jump packs, or extra attack bonuses for black rage, or extra strength bonus for the red thirst, or wound rerolls because we're artisans with weapon construction, or whatever, that would be great.

Also for the love of the Emperor fix the Death Company. Better FNP (5+), an extra attack (because they are beserkers), and some sort of death blow strike back like Wulfen have would be right bearing in mind their over inflated points cost and where comparably functioning and pointed units are in similar armies (Space Wolves and Wilden, Chaos and Beserkers).

Im not that bothered about release date for the book, as long as things get fixed.

Our point costs need to be bought into line as outlined above.

We need a relevant and useful chapter tactic and command pint strategems. The Salamanders and White Scars ones are great, and if we could get something as powerful relating to deep strike charging

because we are awesome at shock and awe / jump packs, or extra attack bonuses for black rage, or extra strength bonus for the red thirst, or wound rerolls because we're artisans with weapon construction, or whatever, that would be great.

Also for the love of the Emperor fix the Death Company. Better FNP (5+), an extra attack (because they are beserkers), and some sort of death blow strike back like Wulfen have would be right bearing in mind their over inflated points cost and where comparably functioning and pointed units are in similar armies (Space Wolves and Wilden, Chaos and Beserkers).

This. And +1 on fixing the Death Company. Space Wolves really annoy me. They always seem to get things that we should have. Like a good Dreadnought, dedicated flyer, good elite close combat troops, etc.

Given that the Codex is due to drop in November, I would be surprised if there is going to be time for any adjustment now. Given the time it takes to print and distribute, I suspect that if it is not finalised, it must be very close.

Have you a source for that please? Last leak I saw said diddly squat for us this year.

I think this may be confusion with the 30K / HH book which is due out by end of year, and ties into all those sweet doors, transfers, etc at the forge world weekender.

Angelus isn't due out until the end of 2018 or did you mean the generic HH 7th ed plus book that's meant to be on the way?

So, here's what I'm going to propose to my group, we'll see how it goes.

Angelus Bolters:

Either drop to 2pts

OR

Become 12", Pistol 2, Str5, Ap-1, 1d

and stay at current price. This makes them either cost what their worth, or worth what they cost.

Encarmine Sword and Axe:

Add note, "a model equipped with this weapon may make an additional attack with it when it fights in the Fight Phase.

(If I'm going to pay same points as the librarian with 3 attacks for the weapon, should get 3 attacks.)

Infernus Pistols: cost 12 pts

Brought in line with other armies pts cost

Hand Flamer: cost 6 pts

Brought in line with other armies pt cost

(This leaves them still really bad, but at least they don't cost more than a plasma pistol for those that are going full flamer)

Death Company and Furioso Dreadnoughts: Dropped same 40 pts as base ironclad.

My group has already agreed to go with all marine factions getting to use the updated pts tables in the codex for any units/equipment that is the same, but YMMV

Is there any liklihood of gw actually listening, it seems most changes made are internal ones that were oversights like the chaos cult troops. Flyers not scoring was needed but will they actually listen and drop the cost of Angelus and infernos significantly?

Angelus isn't due out until the end of 2018 or did you mean the generic HH 7th ed plus book that's meant to be on the way?

I didn't know that Angelus had been delayed. Consider my comment on cpnfised release date retracted!

Is there any liklihood of gw actually listening, it seems most changes made are internal ones that were oversights like the chaos cult troops. Flyers not scoring was needed but will they actually listen and drop the cost of Angelus and infernos significantly?

For an FAQ to the Index list, possibly not. However our proper Codex will come out sooner or later so getting this feedback to them is important so that we do no end up stranded with an overpriced, underpowered Codex again.