The B&C Death Company Deploys on the 4th September

Jolemai

I've had a half finished Angel Vermillion on my desk for months and am one assault marine away from finishing my Crimson Tears 2nd Company (well, and a Devastator, but he's currently being painted), so those will both be entered.

Good to hear, but as these (i.e. single line troopers) aren't valid units, they would be secondary vows and you need at least one primary (as per last year's rules). Have you painted all your GBBO models already? What about Ancients?

Ah, wasn't aware of that, I've not done RTS before.  I actually haven't touched the GBBO models yet, kept saying 'You're going to finish this thing' before getting distracted...

Yes, I'll break out one of those, I think.

When does this start I cant seem to find any posts for this year? I have so much stuff I need a kick on lol.

It starts on the 4th September and lasts for roughly three months. What have you got in mind that needs painting?

Looking forward to this. Restarted my army for 8th. I have a lot to paint.

Any preference?

I've had a half finished Angel Vermillion on my desk for months and am one assault marine away from finishing my Crimson Tears 2nd Company (well, and a Devastator, but he's currently being painted), so those will both be entered.

Good to hear, but as these (i.e. single line troopers) aren't valid units, they would be secondary vows and you need at least one primary (as per last year's rules). Have you painted all your GBBO models already? What about Ancients?

Ah, wasn't aware of that, I've not done RTS before. I actually haven't touched the GBBO models yet, kept saying 'You're going to finish this thing' before getting distracted...

Yes, I'll break out one of those, I think.

:tu:

Are you kidding what don't I have I buy everything in site.

Dante

Sanginuor

2 Stormhawks

1 storm raven

those are built and under coated.

Unbuilt or in finished

Warlord Titan

2 - 10 man dc with led

2 -10 man sangs with leds

2 deredeos

2 Levathians

2 sicaran punishers

2 new cast Spartans

dark imperium set

um ill end it here there is absured amount lol

With regards to our Death Company contingent - usually they are filled automatically with ETL Oathbreakers to give them a chance to complete their pledges before the year is out. However, as there was no ETL this year this leaves us light on applicants - great for the Chapter, but bad for the event. In the fluff is states that some Blood Angels voluntarily commit themselves to the Death Company when they can feel they can no longer hold back the rage and thus, we've set up something similar for the next RTS - people who still have outstanding vows can volunteer for DC duty.

Normally folks who enter the RTS are added to the Golden Host. They have the flexibility to pledge whatever they want provided it is in the rules, with the only condition being they need to finish the vow they are working on before starting another. The those in the DC, they must complete what remains of the broken oath before starting something else and joining the Golden Host. As usual, those in the DC will be marked out from their comrades (i.e. they will have a unique signature item) so for those feeling motivated, why not go for the full set of badges on offer?

Vow lists:

As you can see, there's quite a lot to chose from. For example, in ETL I I failed to complete a Librarian, Furioso, Whirlwind, and Typhoon, of which only the first two are complete. So I could pledge the Whirlwind and Typhoon and join the DC. Alternatively, I failed RTS I with my Stormraven (who also failed RTS '16!!) and a Bolterback. Of that, the Stormraven is complete so I could pledge the Bolterback and join the DC. Or I could leave them on my painting desk for another gazillion years and do something else with the Golden Host - the choice is up to the Frater.

That said though, the spirit of the RTS is all about completing those half finished jobs so I guess I'm joining the DC this year :sweat::sweat:

Edited by Jolemai

One week until kick off folks!

Amazing - or very coincidental. I think I was in this last year, finished my vow, got busy shortly after and dropped of for a while. Just got back on the forum about 2 weeks ago and here is this challenge again. Guess I have a couple of things that need paint.

More than happy to see you return and potentially enter some of your amazing conversions :) Edited by Jolemai

Hmm - can I count a 10 man JP assault squad that got an airbrush basecoat in ah... Jan :blush.:  ... and went no further?

The proof is in the pictures but it sounds more than eligible :tu:

How long does the event run for again?

It is scheduled to begin tomorrow and last until the 30th November 2017. You can enter at any time :)

Hmm - can I count a 10 man JP assault squad that got an airbrush basecoat in ah... Jan :blush.:  ... and went no further?

The proof is in the pictures but it sounds more than eligible :thumbsup:

They will be packed up until at least this weekend, but look a lot like...

Hidden Content

ASM basecoat WIP

Strictly speaking, I started to add a little colour to the 2 meltagun dudes at Easter, but when 8th was launched & removed melta options (since added back for BA with revisions), I packed them away and basically said I'd wait until we got a new codex. The vow seems apt time though :-)

Btw - Is there another thread where you are logging these as 'official' pledge/vows this round, or just this one? [Voluntary DC admission :biggrin.: ]

Hmm - can I count a 10 man JP assault squad that got an airbrush basecoat in ah... Jan :blush.: ... and went no further?

The proof is in the pictures but it sounds more than eligible :thumbsup:

They will be packed up until at least this weekend, but look a lot like...

Hidden Content

Strictly speaking, I started to add a little colour to the 2 meltagun dudes at Easter, but when 8th was launched & removed melta options (since added back for BA with revisions), I packed them away and basically said I'd wait until we got a new codex. The vow seems apt time though :-)

Btw - Is there another thread where you are logging these as 'official' pledge/vows this round, or just this one? [Voluntary DC admission :biggrin.: ]

They look like a great choice :tu:

As for the event thread, that will replace this one later today.