Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Riot Earps Admech Blog

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

Hi everybody. I collect Skitarii and Ad Mech since the Starter Boxes got released.

I have a bunch of Skitarii and Ad Mech units but i´m laking on essential units like Breacher and Destroyers or Dragoons.

Im always looking for cheaper resolutions to build an army and buy many stuff on ebay or convert myself some moddels.

I´m gonna show you some thoughts about units. Show you my converted stuff and will post some Bat Reps with Pics. So stay tuned. ;)

Actually i got just a good deal about 18 Servitors (of which are 7 Tech Thralls without weapons sadly) for 40 £. My Plan is to youse theam as cheap heavy weapon platforms.  2 Plasma cannons or  2Heavy bolter on them are my faves. I stand them in Cawls bubble so they get 4+ and reroll to their hit rolls. They get an 3+ in cover and 2 have their servo arms for some cc action. Through the Techpriest rule from cawl they get +1 to bs and ws what is not bad with the rerolls cawl provides. They also get a use as meatshields against charger.

What are your thoughts. Is there a place for servitors in an admech list? Ofcourse i´m not gonna bring them to a turney XD

Edited by Riot Earp, 11 August 2017 - 08:08 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_29088.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei04.jpg

lancerusso

lancerusso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ryza Skitarii Rd Patrol
Heavy scrubbers- uh, bolters are their only unqiue thing that they do well. S5 AP-1 is a role only filled by phosphor in our army, which is an expensive heavy support weapon. Many cheap HBs are the way to go. Plasma is done much better by destroyers and vanguard.

Servo arms might be an interesting thing to look at for a CC focused ad mech army.

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Thats what i saw as i was arm building. Also the d3 shots are 4 shots usual from two cannons. The 3-shots from the heavy bolter are fixed what is always a good thing. :)

Andy Tea

Andy Tea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

I've been thinking of making some out of Genestealer cult troops (the basic guys) and spare imperial guard heavy weapons

use them as a nice little body guard for HQ units

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

I´m curios how they went. :)

I´ve converted me some Fulgurite Priests out of third party bits and electro staves.

vMxiOtP.jpg

Andy Tea

Andy Tea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts

I've not done them yet, just thinking about it

Heliomanes

Heliomanes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

Nah, I just can't see a place for them. 2 guys with heavy weapons and 2 guys with terrible close combat weapons... There's just no reason for taking them beyond just wanting to use them. They have nothing that they do better than other units, so they just end up being a bland "filler" choice gamewise. I have plenty of conversions myself, so I really want them to be good, or at least have more options. Servitors in the fluff can be kitted out to do pretty much anything, so this current incarnation in the rules system just rankles with me.

In an ideal world we should be able to kit out arco-flaggelant-like melee servitors that spring into action when the Magi are threathened. We should be able to rouse up menial kitchen servitors with rolling pin appendages and vacuum cleaners attached to their arms in a desperate attempt to defend the Manufactorum. We should be able to construct various forms of elite and chaff servitors suited to entirely different roles and with entirely different looks to them. Not just 2 dudes with servo arms and 2 dudes with a heavy bolter at best. I mean - which theme does that fit with? The blandest forgeworld in the universe? We fell in love with the mechanicus as the insane scientist mystics who churn out hilarously grimdark things like the gimp-servitor run mecha ostrich that is possibly powered by a perpetual motion device, but is currently used by posthuman supersoldiers to actually joust against gun-wielding opponents. Or the insane black hole weapon that has to be shot from capital ships by way of a huge slingshot that takes thousands of slaves hours to rewind. Two dudes with a terrible wrench each and two dudes with heavy bolters is just... Not living up to my image of them. Maybe if they could mass them in huge, shambling hordes of terribly inaccurate heavy weapons squads with a few flavorful rules at a minimum.

• Riot Earp and Yoda79 like this

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Well that are good all good points.
And I dont think a new codex will bring some change into this unit sadly. I will play 4 with two heavy bolter on thuesday.

My armys Hq will be lead by Cawl and two priest..

http://i.imgur.com/NnL8CCA.jpg

http://imgur.com/gal...ment/1095982975

https://imgur.com/gallery/kIPp9

Edited by Riot Earp, 13 August 2017 - 07:09 AM.

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

Had today a game vs chaos renegades. He got first round and we played a malstrom mission with 6 on the start. Ive got the side with only two objektives and got mainly only missions i could not archive.

++ Aux Detachment (Imperium - Inquisition) [6 PL, 97pts] ++

+ HQ +

Inquisitor Greyfax [5 PL, 85pts]

+ Elites +

Acolytes [1 PL, 12pts]
. Acolyte: Laspistol, Power maul

++ Brigade Detachment +9CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [89 PL, 1753pts] ++

+ HQ +

Belisarius Cawl [13 PL, 250pts]

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 135pts]: Macrostubber, Volkite Blaster

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 135pts]: Macrostubber, Volkite Blaster

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 75pts]
. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): Transuranic arquebus
. Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
. 3x Skitarii Ranger

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 78pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 64pts]
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Vanguard (Plasma caliver): Plasma caliver

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 58pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc rifle

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 58pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Arc Rifle): 2x Arc rifle

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 75pts]
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Vanguard (Transuranic Arquebus): Transuranic arquebus

+ Elites +

Corpuscarii Electro-Priests [3 PL, 70pts]: 5x Corpuscarii Electro-Priest

Fulgurite Electro-Priests [4 PL, 80pts]: 5x Fulgurite Electro-Priest

Servitors [4 PL, 52pts]
. 2x Servitor (Heavy Bolter): 2x Heavy bolter, 2x Servitor
. 2x Servitor (servo arm): 2x Servitor, 2x Servo-arm

+ Fast Attack +

Sydonian Dragoons [3 PL, 68pts]
. Sydonian Dragoon: Taser lance

Sydonian Dragoons [3 PL, 63pts]
. Sydonian Dragoon: Radium Jezzail

Sydonian Dragoons [3 PL, 63pts]
. Sydonian Dragoon: Radium Jezzail

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawler [6 PL, 143pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

++ Total: [95 PL, 1850pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

He had three bikesquads one prince with relic, two dragons, one hellbrute one Mailerfiend with 10 attacks some noise marines and some cyborgs.

I had a good first turn and destroyed one dragon and the maulerfiend but he made all his charges and bind my onagers. In the second not much was left. Greyfax smited a little bit but couldt deny warptime two times. One TPD died in overwatch against one drake. (Shame) 3 stave priest died in overwatch vs two flamers. In the end i got stomped by chaosvin turn three there was only some rangers and two onagers left.

I made several mistakes but the overall situation was not in my faves. Will dish the brigade detachment and play more effizient units and fewer hqs.

You can find some pics here. Battle vs Chaos Renegades https://imgur.com/gallery/aGIiq

Edited by Riot Earp, 16 August 2017 - 07:18 AM.

• Yoda79 likes this

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

My opinion about the arquebuse. They are totally not worth it.

If they where 15 Points a pop maybe but i never did any damage to my enemys warlord with 2 arquebuse and two jezzails.

Vanguards where fine especialy with overcharged plasma all the time. I will exchange the arquebuse with plasma and some arc rifles here and there. they have not enough strenght and rend to scratch the vehicles. Rangers where okayisch the -1 rend helped to kill some biker.

I liked the servitors in the range of an techpriest for kg & bf buffs and the heavy bolter shots did some damage. Will take 3 units with 2x heavy bolter each to screen my TPD or cawl.

Also will give the castelans a try.

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts

I have some custom Kastelans but they are a way to big sizewise (Cheap Hulkbuster Toys from ebay).

My new low priced solution are gundam model kits. especialy the

Hi-Mock

The Grimoire is also an fitting model but i like the robotic look of the Hi-Mock more.

You can get them for 6,42 $ and the Grimoire for 11.23 $ a piece.

https://hlj.com/

I will build my datasmiths from leftover bits. Stay tuned.

Edited by Riot Earp, 18 August 2017 - 08:35 AM.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,495 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

Neat idea.  Interested to see them in a true AdMech paint scheme.

• Riot Earp likes this

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Will take a month or two they are actually not in stock and must be ordered. Then the long way over the sea..

In the meantime i could paint my freshly arrived servitors.

dCot5S1.jpg

Riot Earp

Riot Earp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 863 posts
Made me also some rangers.

B4UTBHP.jpg
  • Xisor, SlangWhanger and Yoda79 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic