Riot Earps Admech Blog

Riot Earp

Well here are some Pics from the battle.

9RtuW69.jpg

Zapperguns and Boys with Weirdboy ready to port.

Bx2ehzV.jpg

Tanks advanced in the first turn of the orkz

6cvMBjg.jpg

Attacking the Tanks with my priest.

uJ1QIni.jpg

ICBd32s.jpg

Dragooners thinning a mob

NUMmrWl.jpg

hn1lEys.jpg

His Tank binds my neutroncrawler

QByKhTX.jpg

Vanguards got eaten by tankbusters.

aCNOj0E.jpg

Cawl and Gaz show final battle 

1fjApmt.jpg

Edited by Riot Earp

The scheme works. I like it. I see someone had a painted commission done up in a scheme similar it was posted in the painting forum. The great thing is you could in theory play any Dogma you like. 

I too like the scheme.  It's original without being outlandish, and leaves the doors open to enjoy the length and breadth of the AdMech codex.  I enjoy a similar flexibility with my army, having "created" a scheme for the existing FW of Triplex Phall.

How did you feel about the new 'dex?  Did it live up to your expectations, or was it found wanting?

• 3 weeks later...

Working on my Kastelans. I love Chipping Medium! Still w.i.p.

hhwuOws.jpg

YRxh5ti.jpg

Planning to field 4 Robots in the upcomming tournament. Without priest to save points. So is it better to run 2 units of two robots if you have to acticate the double tapping per stratagem? I like the flexibility of two seperate units. What do you think?

I also dished out the sniper the electro priest and the dragoons for imperial soup. Librarian with null zone. (Last time i got beat two times by mortarion.) Conscripts. Hector Rex to push those up to Moral 10 and casting the fearless spell. He is also good in killing daemons + 2 culexus (they are goddam good even without psykers on the board.) Objektive holder with invisibilty? Yes Please! Last time one grabbed the relic and did not let it fall the whole game. Then one acolyte to fill the vanguard detachment. I pack Cawl with the Dakkabots and Onager into the mars fw and the other stuff (2 Engineseer and 3 Vanguard squads of 5) into an lucius fw for shocking on objektives and the techpriest to repair onager.

Jesus those beasties are HUUUUGE ... "very" awesome work  Earp , my own Dakkabots would be shaking in their meca boots.

I've not had any problems running Kastelan's without the ability to change the mode, my opponents have discovered how hard even just two of these things are to put down  when in aegis, So if i dropped their shield they would 100% end up being focused down .  The 1+ save in cover psalm  is a beast ( yes I know a 1 is an auto fail )  ad a 4+ invlun  puts off even lascannon fire . 

I find other uses for wrath of mars so So if possilbe i'd split the unit  unless you are hurting for heavy support slots.

Thank you synthaside. I think i will run them as one unit because if i´m in need to change the protocols i can change it at once for all 4 robots. Otherwise i have to wait another turn to tap the other bots. Ofcourse i have to find a sweet spot where the 36" covers most of the objectives / enemy units. :)

Dammit . Earp  , :wink:    you have caused me problems ;-)  If you get a chance would it be possible to measure, / compare to perhaps a TPD or your onager , im struggling to gauge how much taller they are from that shot with the engineseer.

I'm having serious thoughts about ripping your idea off , Yours look ace as a unit together i'd be running alongside my GW  current pair , So i dont want them to make my current ones like like dwarfalans .

Edited by synthaside

Feel free to copy that idea. I would´t have post it if i did not want to. :)

I know that the model is a third bigger than the normal kastelan. I´m uploading a picture atm but it takes ages till it is uploaded with the curbed internet conection on my phone.

Gah pulls  trigger , I blame you Earp ;-)

Managed to find them on Amazon with free shipping, works out a bit better for me as Amazon delivers to my workplace and 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bandai-Hobby-HGBF-Hi-Mock-Model/dp/B00P5R148U

For now,  Just two ... probably to run as fisty bots, I know for a fact that I won't be able to use them in my GW,  they have a 50% GW parts rule.
I've got the shoulder flamers and spare heavy Phos barrels from my first set lurking in my bits box. 

What size bases did you use ?

Edited by synthaside

„There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.“ :wink:

I used the standard Monsterbase size 60mm i think. They look a bit small under that models. If you don´t want to field them on tournaments or in gw and your friends are fine with it i would prefer 80mm bases.

Picture doesnt upload so i have to wait till i´m home.

In japan they cost only half the money and shipping to my country was also dirt cheap. Although shiping took one month :3

Edited by Riot Earp

• 3 weeks later...

I was Satursday on a small Tournament. It was full boocked but at the end only 8 Player attended.

I fielded a slight modificated list.

Warlord Cawl
Command Points = 5
Kartendeck = Adeptus Mechanicus
Quellen = Codex Adeptus Mechanicus, Index Imperium 2, Index IA Imperium

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [72 PL,
++ 1394pts] ++ Forgeworld Mars

+ HQ [13 PL, 250pts] +

Belisarius Cawl Warlord (Trait Mars) [13 PL, 250pts]

Elite [8 PL, 153pts]
9 Fulgurite Electro Priest

Fast Attack [6 PL, 136 pts]
2 Syndonian Dragoons Taser lance

+ Heavy Support [45 PL, 850pts] +

Kastelan Robots [24 PL, 440pts]
. Kastelan Robot [110pts]: Heavy Phosphor blaster [15pts] . . Heavy phosphor blasters [30pts]: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster [30pts] . Kastelan Robot [110pts]: Heavy Phosphor blaster [15pts] . . Heavy phosphor blasters [30pts]: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster [30pts]
Kastelan Robot [110pts]: Heavy Phosphor blaster [15pts] . . Heavy phosphor blasters [30pts]: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster [30pts] . Kastelan Robot [110pts]: Heavy Phosphor blaster [15pts] . . Heavy phosphor blasters [30pts]: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster [30pts]

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 140pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether . Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber [50pts]: Cognis heavy stubber [5pts], Neutron Laser [45pts]

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 140pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether . Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber [50pts]: Cognis heavy stubber [5pts], Neutron Laser [45pts]

Onager Dunecrawler [7 PL, 130pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Icarus Array [40pts]

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [23 PL, 456 pts] ++

+ HQ [6 PL, 115pts] +

Inquisitor-Lord Hector Rex [6 PL, 115pts]: Smite, Mental Fortitude, Terrify, Storm shield [15pts]

Celestine [8 PL, 150pts]:

+ Elites [7 PL, 101pts]

Acolytes [1 PL, 8pts]

. Acolyte [1 PL, 8pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Acolytes [1 PL, 8pts]

. Acolyte [1 PL, 8pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85]

+ Troops [4 PL, 90pts] +

Conscripts [4 PL, 90pts]: 30x Conscript [90pts]

++ Total: [103 PL, 1850pts] ++

First game was vs a Magnus and Malefic Friends list added with Obliberators many horrors and two daemon princes.

We played Killpoints and 3 Mission objektive cards each round.

I won the side and was allowed to start.

I pepperd Magnus with Heavy fire but he lost only 3 wounds.

He then jumped forward to eleminate my Dragoons. I let one explode for the bonus mortal wound and then set fire with my Kastelans on him. Thanks to wrath of mars i got him down to 1 Wound. Sadly he survived and killed Hector with smite and destroyed an onager in cc. My culexus hold the center in the meanwile. Letting Obliberators waste shots on him and deny the malefic lords to smite.

Celestine was useless in this game as she missed her charge against obliberators and died in overwatch. She didn´t came back as i had already wasted my last command point on wrath of mars.

I managed to kill magnus in the next round and was able to kill also his daemonprinces. We shifted units here and there and nobody did significant damage. we ended the game with a tie 10:10

8hAVWyG.jpgs8mSNKP.jpgne11onk.jpgx4mCtqj.jpgqpywVpF.jpg

Game two was against Astra Militarum with a lot of tanks, pask, creed, some veteran squads with snipers, some sentinels and Bulgryns.

We played hidden objektives and objektive 1,2,2,2,2,4.

He got first round and killed two castelans and dameged one onager (Ikarus).

I got pask in the first round and made some damage here and there.

My culexus managed to bind two basilisk in cc.

In his turn he pushed the orgyns foreward and killed the Kastelans of.

In shooting i manged to drop one lemon russ down to 1.

I charged the bulgryns with my electropriest and finished all but the seargent.

One dragoon made it into cc with veterans and the culexus charged another leman russ. Celestine wiped of a veteran squad and scored me 3 points.

He shoots then my priest and charged hector rex to beat him in cc. Celestine died also in heavy fire but came back in my deployment zone.-

I then pushed cawl forward to shoot the bulgrynsarge with the melter and burned him.

In his fourth he killed cawl of and the culexus. He also killed one acolyte on a marker so i had to order one onager on that objektive.

He killed another onager and i had only 3 models left. So i went all in and jumped celest on a marker in the middle.

He rolled a 2 for the next round and i thougt it was over. He then spended his last command point to reroll aaaand the dice showed the one!

Win for the Mechanicus! :biggrin.:

UVODToD.jpgRp3gx8b.jpgGX9Vrfo.jpg

So game 3 went again vs Astra Militarum.

we played Objektive upwards and big guns never tire.

He had also a lot of tanks but also scions and tusk rider.

I got first turn and activated the Kastelans early to shot of the conscripts and one infantry squad.

I manged to destroy one tank with the four big rockets on the back with the onagers. My Culexus charged one basilisk to bind him in cc.

He fired at my onager and pushed one to 3 but cawl manged to repair him with the stratagem up to 9!

He also repaired one of his tanks with a Techpriest.

In my round i destroyed another tank (wyvern) and damaged pask.

My culexus charged this time two basilisk because they stand verry close together.

Celestine manged to charge also pask and another tank.

He then lets his first scion squad with 3 melters come down to shot celestine the first time.

She came back in his deployment zone and starts again to bind his tanks and killed the thechpriest.

He then dropped his last  two squads of scions into my dp zone to shot one kastelan of. The other dropped in the middle on a marker.

The remaining Kastelan took care of them and the Prime. The Ikarus Onager shot the Scions in the middle.

My electropriest and dragoons attacked the taurox with melter veterans and made 5 wounds.

In his round he disembarked and shot some electropriest and killed one dragooner with a powerfist searge.

In my last rounds (we played till round 7) i managed to wipe his infantry and the warlord commissar of the board and scored many marker.

I won this game big with 20:0.

aKc2Hpg.jpgcJG8951.jpgwhAOxfz.jpgRcQwB5N.jpg94CGf9i.jpg

So i had one draw one close win and one highscore.

I thought i would end somewhere in the middle but i went second place! I also heard that i was only one point closer to the first! :biggrin.:

All in all i´m happy with this army. I´m not gonna change it much. if i would change a thing i would try to ad a second culexus as they are too god to take only one.

I always fight against deamons and even if i not fight against them they are a big distraction unit which wrack a lot of chaos onto the battlefield.

Edited by Riot Earp