Establishing a fire-base with CC options RG army - 2000 pts

Noxnoctis22

I'm posting this list here straight for the RG players to look at. I feel this where I'll get the most eyes on it (the right eyes as well) so the feedback will be the best here.

HQs

Shrike

Captain - Jump Pack, Power Axe/Bolt pistol

Lieutenants - Jump Pack, LC/LC
Primaris Lieutenants - Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

Troops

Scouts - 5x Boltguns
Scouts - 5x Boltguns
Scouts - Camo Cloaks, 4x Sniper rifles, 1x ML

Elites

Aggressor Squad - Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher
Dreadnought - Twin autocannon & Twin lascannon
Dreadnought - Twin autocannon & Twin lascannon
Relic Whirlwind Scorpius
Relic Whirlwind Scorpius
Eversor Assassin
Eversor Assassin
Vanguard Veteran Squad - Jump Pack, 5x LC/LC

Flyers

Xiphon Interceptor

Total - 1999 points

I got lazy with setting them up in detachments but it would be 1 Battalion and 2 Vanguard Detachments, netting me 8 Command Points.

The idea is to establish a fire-base with the 2 Whirlwind Scorpius, 2 Dreadnoughts and the Sniper Scouts. With them would be Shrike and the Primaris Lt. to provide re-roll auras.

The Aggressors would be deployed via SFTS along with the Scouts to control the midfield and negate deep striking options or they could be held back with the firebase to provide a "speed-bump" to the units behind them.

The jump pack Capt. & Lt. would work with the VV squad and be where I need them when I need them, via SFT or DSing. The Eversor Assassins would act in a similar fashion and just cause problems.

The Xiphon would deal with enemy flyers first off then go after anti-armor, causing my problems for the enemy.

In 2k points, you can only use 2 detachment unfortunately.

So you might wanna rejigger things a bit.

The tactics sound good though, but those scouts will need some cover or they will just fall like flies.

Edited by Damo1701

In 2k points, you can only use 2 detachment unfortunately.

So you might wanna rejigger things a bit.

The tactics sound good though, but those scouts will need some cover or they will just fall like flies.

?

I believe matched play is 3 detachments?

Personally I think you'd get more value shifting some stuff around for 2 Battalions for 9CPs

You'd have to double the scouts or add in some tac's which means dropping some assassins and dreads, but I think that would benefit you in the long run as a take all comers list

Or I could be wrong yours certainly has a left, right combo to it

Let us know how it goes when you test it :)

Eh. My bad then. Not got my book.

Mind you... I'm lucky if I can get a decent single detachment going.

I don't like the idea of multiple detachment if you aren't filling them.

I've found 5-man squads really fragile when using scouts or normal marines. That's partly why I'm thinking of upping them to 10-men with the aid of my Burning of Prospero box... (Means my 1k Sons take a hit for a while...)

Then I'm left with the issue of dropping more stuff from my lists I want, just to cover the basics...

Is it me, or has list building become a real PITA in 8th?

If this is for friendly play ignore this comment but if your going by ITC standards i do believe the dreads are illegal unless they adjusted their rules in the last week or so.  As far as I am aware the dreads need to use the codex as their(ITC) rules state you must use the most up to date data card for the model and this differs from the gw faq in this regard.  The codex does not allow them to have twin auto cannons so you need to take forge world dreads to use that configuration.

This list was crafted using GW's FAQ but I wasn't aware that ITC differed on their ruling regarding index v. codex (datahseets, points & wargear options). If that's the case I'd just switch them to Mortis Dreads and pay the extra 5 pts each.

If it's different it's not included in their FAQ. Doesn't really matter though, since the GW stance is that at official events you have to use codex over index for rules and points.

As someone else has mentioned, drop the Eversors. They're breaking the Space Marine Faction for your Detachment, meaning you don't get the -1 to be hit, SftS, or Defenders of Humanity. 

Below is the list I ended up using.

Kayvaan Shrike
Captain - Jump Pack, Power Axe, Bolt pistol
Lieutenant - Jump Pack, Power Sword, Bolt pistol
Lieutenant - Power Sword, Master-crafted boltgun

Scout Squad - Camo cloaks, 4x Sniper rifles, 1x Missile launcher
Scout Squad - 5x Boltguns
Scout Squad - 5x Boltguns

Aggressor Squad - 3x Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher
Vanguard Veteran Squad - Jump Packs, 5x TH/SS
Mortis Dreadnought - 2x Twin autocannons
Mortis Dreadnought - 2x Twin lascannons