Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

Thanks guys! I'm happy you like the blade as it's probably my favourite part hehe

This year, I'm hoping to paint what I like without putting to much pressure to paint an army again, in this mindset I just wanted to paint the new Aragorn Blade champion just because I think the mini is awesome !

jIllUkh.jpg

h2ENxfz.jpg

kZlQjjT.jpg

mQ68mkd.jpg

Cheers!

Anamnesis

Edit: A tutorial for the sword is in the pipeline as I've been flooded by request :teehee:

Edited by Anamnesis

Everything about that model is gorgeous.  In particular, the colours on the base are particularly good choices, with the crisp white snow contrasting with the vibrant colours of the model and the blue-grey ice complimenting the green-grey of the armour.

The only thign I would have done differently is not used red for the background colour of the paldrons - IMHO it makes the shoulders too close in colour to the cloak.  I think the armour colour would have been better, for a bit more contrast.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 weeks later...

Everything about that model is gorgeous. In particular, the colours on the base are particularly good choices, with the crisp white snow contrasting with the vibrant colours of the model and the blue-grey ice complimenting the green-grey of the armour.

The only thign I would have done differently is not used red for the background colour of the paldrons - IMHO it makes the shoulders too close in colour to the cloak. I think the armour colour would have been better, for a bit more contrast.

I deliberately chose not to add too many colours, though between the cloak and the skirt it seems like a lot of red but you don't have so much on other models

And the tutorial is up Anamnesis's minis madness: [Tutorial] Lightning power weapon (anamnesismadness.blogspot.com) !

Let me know if it's useful

Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis

So many updates, what's happening !

Dreadnought achillus is done! 

3opuTub.jpg

v8FTkG7.jpg

yYTNaIt.jpg

YzzgXbX.jpg

And since I'm on fire, I started the caladius, trying my hand at wet wipe marble, a bit of peeling when I took of the masking tape sadly, but it's not too bad and I'm pretty chuffed with the result 

iTDAqi0.jpg

Cheers

Anamnesis

That dread bro, oh that dread! So good, so cool, so sexy!

Are it's hands custom, maybe some type of gunpla or other kit-bash? Those are incredibly and intricately designed. They make this Dreadnought so much more than just "another Contemptor" with incredible paint job. No, no the paint is awesome yes but those hands...holy :cuss man those hands...

Wow, this Dreadnought is absolutely stunning.

Great work!

I especially love the power blade!

Thank you very much, the blades are really fun to do !

That dread bro, oh that dread! So good, so cool, so sexy!

Are it's hands custom, maybe some type of gunpla or other kit-bash? Those are incredibly and intricately designed. They make this Dreadnought so much more than just "another Contemptor" with incredible paint job. No, no the paint is awesome yes but those hands...holy :censored: man those hands...

Thank you Wulf Vengis, the hand are from the original kit from forgeworld ,the kit is pretty awesome as you have a lot of option for building him and something like 3 differents hands

There's so much in your work that is awesome but for me, those bases are fantastic. They really add to the impression of movement, particularly on the Dreadnought. I look at them and hear the sea, it must be some kind of warp influence.

Thank you, I find snow base really special, I can't really explain why but hey :ph34r.:  

• 2 weeks later...

This thread haven't so much activity in months, crazy :sweat:

Anyway, here is my completed caladius, fun project and learned a lot !

R6RK2Nu.jpg

aVZYEOl.jpg

E0Nso4L.jpg

OM2ANh3.jpg

E22U8TU.jpg

TeuEv04.jpg

Next up, my conversion of trajann based on bastian the stormcast, as a lot of people have done...

Cheers!

Anamnesis

• 2 weeks later...

It seem I'm on a roll as another mini is complete ! That's also the first major conversion I painted :woot:

Meet the new and improved (imho) Trajann Valoris based like so many conversion on Bastian

7Llk4X2.jpg

4WIbDib.jpg

NKfowSS.jpg

CyiXVmT.jpg

The icon on the cloak is a decal as I was to lazy to do a big freehand on it

I don't know what will be coming next as I trying my hand at painting a bust but it may be custodes or aos will see !

Happy painting :turned:

Anamnesis

Following the discussion, I went back on the black to try to improve it, but now I think I went a bit to far on the scratches, which are a bit too stark

pcpvDsQ.jpg

aKPszt4.jpg

Well it's a test model for a reason :sweat:

Absolutely lovely model, especially the maroon! Weathering is really nice too, and adds a good deal of depth.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for your maroon? Finding them for this kind of color are few and far between.

Following the discussion, I went back on the black to try to improve it, but now I think I went a bit to far on the scratches, which are a bit too stark

Well it's a test model for a reason :sweat:

Absolutely lovely model, especially the maroon! Weathering is really nice too, and adds a good deal of depth.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for your maroon? Finding them for this kind of color are few and far between.

Sure thing, the base is white preshade over black, wine red on the bottow and try to leave the white for the main light, highlight the top with dirty red from ak, just shade back with wine red mixed with phtalo green and voila !