Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

Fantastic! The base is great, superbly executed!

Thanks, first time i tried something concrete like and i was quite fun :biggrin.:

Just brilliant work!

Not much else to say other than when are you going to offer painting lessons. :smile.:

Thanks brother, if you plane a trip to switzerland feel free to come :teehee:

Very nicely done, brother! Understated weathering (and OSL) really does help add character to the model. :thumbsup:

Thanks, i really think weathering is necessary for marines, add so much to the effect :yes:

Good job.

Thanks!

Parce que du coup, salut voisin! :wink:

I live not far from Geneva. Maybe you can teach me some of your painting wizardry!

oh oh interesting! No wizardry though i only have a brush no wand :p

Very nicely done especially on the edge highlighting.  I only wish that I could do the same to even half the same quality!

Thanks! I find edge on marine very good for that as they are quite sharp! Ease the process a ton!

Absolutely love your work, it looks great and I look forward to seeing more :smile.:

Thanks! I'll try to post a few more picture when i finish my first squad, this little guy was too much fun i want moaar!

That's just a ridiculously brilliant model.

Thanks brother :)

• 3 weeks later...

great job on the red, very eye catching! Smart move keeping the arms separate, wishing I'd done that for my DI ones now (thought to do it for the multi part ones at least)

One thing, the Gravis Captains arm position looks off, more specifically, the way the shoulder pad sits against the body doesn't really work if you change the pose from its "standard" one. You may be better off using a terminator arm as a base or something.

Edited by Blindhamster

great job on the red, very eye catching! Smart move keeping the arms separate, wishing I'd done that for my DI ones now (thought to do it for the multi part ones at least)

One thing, the Gravis Captains arm position looks off, more specifically, the way the shoulder pad sits against the body doesn't really work if you change the pose from its "standard" one. You may be better off using a terminator arm as a base or something.

Thanks, i need to smoothen the conversion ofc, it's mostly a sketch for the moment though, i'll have a look at the arm junction

I'd say the sword looks more fitting, but only because the axe you have mocked up is intended to be used with two hands and the power fist prevents that. If you used one of the 30K axes with some Blood Angels decoration that may work.

I'm really don't like thoses axes, they look strange and short to me. Don't character are able to use any other weapons with a powerfist?

I'm really don't like thoses axes, they look strange and short to me. Don't character are able to use any other weapons with a powerfist?

As far as I am aware characters can still use other weapons with a power fist. My point was that it is difficult in practical terms to wield a two handed weapon when your support hand is a power fist.