Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

Try scale 75 dwarven gold - perfect match for your red I think

I think the gold elements look pretty out of place. Mainly not because it's gold but because pretty much every other surface you've painted has some gradient while your gold is just a solid flat block of one colour.

I know the gradient is not there yet, but i think the gold is too strong, i need something lighter in tone

We'll see on the next update!

Thanks for the feedback brothers

Edited by Anamnesis

• 1 month later...

Back from the holiday and I'm back on my astraeus.

Made a bit of progress since last time, the main hull being mostly done, I just need to find a place to put the company and chapter symbole.

I wasn't supposed to start the techmarine, but it is a nice change of scale from this massive tank :sweat:

XtzQvsu.jpg

I redid the gold and did a small freehand for the vehicule number.

JSXHjh0.jpg

Some new technique I tried on the thrusters, let me know what you think :)

Ydo0Rnc.jpg

Some details, nobody will notice but I really enjoy doing this :teehee:

Cheers!

Anamnesis

Thanks for all your high praise brothers :blush.:.

Great looking paint jobs. Especially love the vibrancy of those red hues and the glow effects are top notch.

I wasn't too convinced on the look of the Astraeus. Maybe it needed a striking paint job like that to change my mind :yes:

Great stuff mate. Can't wait to see more!

Yeah the original paintjob don't really sell the model, but it's quite nice in flesh :)

Cheers

Anamnesis

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible detail on those models!  I love that you add battle damage and wear while still maintaining a clean look.

Thanks brother!

In the meantime, I've made a few progress on this guy, the techmarine was supposed to have a black helmet but I forgot, so he'll keep his red one. The turret is almost finished and I had some fun trying osl on the void shield and weapon. Still wip though, need some refinement!

N00uhoD.jpg

JOUdKSj.jpg

jwGHFDn.jpg

I hope to finish this tank soon to be honest, it's quite draining, but I love it!

And I started converting a standard bearer on the side, what  do you think?

OB2xCYi.jpg

Happy new year !

Anamnesis

• 2 weeks later...

And it's finally done! 

Probably the most exhausting project I've done, but I'm really happy with the result.

My desk feel enormous without this massive beast on it.

I tried my hand at a small description, let me know what you think :smile.:

"Gifted to the second company of the Knight of the Chalice during the relentless time of the Indomitus crusade, the Astraeus Celaeno has been the back bone of many frontal assault and a strong asset in the hand of Captain Artemis Beshop. 

Deployed from orbit and protected by her void shields, she opened the path to many deployments of reivers and inceptors, creating opportunity moving straight for the enemy; a temperament strangely reminiscent of the company's captain. 

Since her first induction during the 21st year of the crusade, Celaeno has been a paragon of war for nearly a century. It's last sighting has been in the Vigilus sector of Dontoria fighting the ruinous power of the death guard." 

*The font may be a bit distracting, but it was the only thing big enough to take picture of this kit.

fI4eFcG.jpg

277fkLy.jpg

3CUnrU9.jpg

6WxrXrB.jpg

S2bL9SH.jpg

cVncKSI.jpg

You can find even more pictures and close-up on the blog for those interested, link here

And here is the stat of the glass cabinet with all the red team !

8eG5oK2.jpg

Coming next, I'm finally gonna start the reivers 

Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis

\holy mother of pearl, please tell me how you did that gold on the Astreus as it s absolutely glorious,

The gradients are superb, how did you do thise?

Thanks ! The gold is decayed metal, washed with strong tone(devlan mud equivalent), sponge with necro gold then trash metal all from scale metalic paints.

Most of the gradient are made with the airbrush, just to time consuming otherwise on such surface :sweat:

I'm so jealous...

Well, thanks? :whistling:

Not commented in a while, but I need to with this. That is hands down an A-Grade sexy beast of a machine, and I bow in awe.

Thanks you :)

The lighting effect from the front lights is a little too strong for my taste but otherwise, excellent travail! :thumbsup:

The lighting effect from the front lights is a little too strong for my taste but otherwise, excellent travail! :thumbsup:

Agreed. Looks more like a batch of paint than light. It's just a small nitpick on an overall great model tho!

Yeah, I went a bit overboard with the osl from the light, but I don't have the courage to go back on it honestly. 

Maybe one day I light the middle a little bit, we'll see :happy.:

I actually think it's the most Impressive giant Astartes tank in terms of looks.

I love the hovering theme that seperares it from the AM tanks.

That a strong departure from the all the astartes tank, but I admit I really like the look of this kit!