Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Knight of the Chalice - Back on track

blood angels primaris wip

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
  • Faction: Primaris BA, Adepta Sororitas

Hello,

I'm trying a new thing with this little guy, choosing a ultima founding chapter, successor of the blood angels.
I'm still debating what to do with him, so any comments and advice weclome!
Actually missing, freehand for chapter symbole, weathering and small details.
I don't know what to do with the base, maybe urban themed?

KFja2oe.jpg

4w4g6xG.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis, 03 October 2020 - 04:57 PM.
Removed colored font

• mithrilforge, Dolchiate Remembrancer, Honda and 25 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg Follow me for more wip on Instagram or Twitter 
My Primaris Knight of the Chalice, BA successor Plog  - My new sisters Order of the Ashen Veil Plog
My blog Anamnesis minis madness, tutorials, showcase and reviews 

Theradrussian

Theradrussian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

Very clean colors and good edge highlighting. I haven't seen any Knights of the Chalice in a long time :)

Do you have weathering pigments? It could be cool to make his shins/legs look dirtied depending on the terrain. Personally I used milliputt and the GW building set's spare parts to make rubble piles/urban ruin bases, but it depends on if you want it clean or damaged :)

• Anamnesis likes this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,033 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
SHARP.
  • Anamnesis likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
He looks good.
  • Anamnesis likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Your test mini looks better than my finished
  • Anamnesis likes this

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

N00BST4R

N00BST4R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Your test mini looks better than my finished

QFT - mine too lol
  • Anamnesis likes this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
Thanks brothers!

Very clean colors and good edge highlighting. I haven't seen any Knights of the Chalice in a long time :)
Do you have weathering pigments? It could be cool to make his shins/legs look dirtied depending on the terrain. Personally I used milliputt and the GW building set's spare parts to make rubble piles/urban ruin bases, but it depends on if you want it clean or damaged :)

I quite like that idea I'll investigate! Thanks!

My Primaris Knight of the Chalice, BA successor Plog  - My new sisters Order of the Ashen Veil Plog

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,676 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Just utter perfection.
  • Anamnesis likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts
  • Faction:
He looks great!
  • Anamnesis likes this

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Anamnesis, that test mini looks absolutely fantastic! Smashing job!
  • Anamnesis likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts

I agree that model looks amazing and it's hard to make suggestions, but maybe a couple of questions will help.

1. Dirtying up the lower legs with pigments - You seem interested in that and I think it's a good idea. Do decide how dirty you want him to be. E.g. lower legs only.

2. Paint chips/Battle damage - "If" you're going to consider dirtying him up, you might also think about a few chips on the armor so that he looks like he's been in some action.

3. Scripting - As you mentioned, this will also help define his overall image.

I tend to prefer figures that look slightly dirty and a little damaged as that helps them look more realistic to me and less toy-like.

All that being said, I am still very impressed by what you have done so far.

Cheers,

• Anamnesis likes this
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

OakRiver

OakRiver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: IX Legion

That is just stunning

• Anamnesis likes this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

That is so crisp that I am jealous. Commendable work, brother. :tu:

• Anamnesis likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

Hey thanks for your interest brother! I wasn't expecting this much response :)

I made the freehand design now and need to do the chipping and weathering, but i need to choose some kind of base now to add the pigment that match

Chapter symbole

ajWpyD6.jpg

and squad symbole

zrrpmbc.jpg

Also added a bit of OSL under the eyes, what do you think?

Voog8fx.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Anamnesis

• Kurgan the Lurker, KBA, Marius Perdo and 12 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
Will you continue using that wooden base? Or do you intend to make it resemble a grassy field, the wreckage of an enemy tank, red sand covered with scattered bones, the capitol of a marble pillar, or other decorative base?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

N00BST4R

N00BST4R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Will you continue using that wooden base? Or do you intend to make it resemble a grassy field, the wreckage of an enemy tank, red sand covered with scattered bones, the capitol of a marble pillar, or other decorative base?

That isn't a base - it's a model paint holder that allows the artist to rotate the model. The medal bar also allows some stabilization support when painting from above the model.

Edited by N00BST4R, 14 August 2017 - 02:25 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

Exactly what @NOOBST4R said smile.png Very practical to paint without putting my greasy finger on the mini!

yodaid764

yodaid764

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists; Flesh Tearers

You did that free hand? I hate you. JK

My suggestion for a base, considering how vibrant your red is, would be do a winter/snow base. It will help contrast with the bright red.

"Who doesn't like rolling big globs of dice, and having those dice tell you "Go on, roll some more! Dance me across yonder table in a merry twirl of imminent death to the unclean!"  -Firepower

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
What will you put on the completed model's base? Grass? Sand? A dismembered corpse or two?

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

You did that free hand? I hate you. JK

My suggestion for a base, considering how vibrant your red is, would be do a winter/snow base. It will help contrast with the bright red.

Ahem, thanks? msn-wink.gif I thought about that, but what is very bright maybe to much, i may draw the attention a bit more than i expect

What will you put on the completed model's base? Grass? Sand? A dismembered corpse or two?

I'm thinking about some king of concrete road with imperial ruine or similar, i'm thinking something simple to be able to replicate it easily and do stuff a bit more complicated for character

Bonus pics with chipping now :)

6yHNBKu.jpg

Edited by Anamnesis, 15 August 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• Marius Perdo, Ovidius Incertus, for_dorn_and_for_de_emprah and 3 others like this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

And it's done in all it's glory!

sBDF6Q4.png

Cheers!

Anamnesis

• Kurgan the Lurker, Magos Takatus, mithrilforge and 22 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
Good job.
  • Anamnesis likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Fantastic! The base is great, superbly executed!
  • Anamnesis likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts

Just brilliant work!

Not much else to say other than when are you going to offer painting lessons. :)

• Anamnesis likes this
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Very nicely done, brother! Understated weathering (and OSL) really does help add character to the model. :tu:

• Anamnesis likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood angels, primaris, wip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users