Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

Excellentt work!
I like that the discrete blood effect on the axe. Like the blood is evaporating on the axe's force field.
And those eyebrows! A feast for the eyes :)

Regarding the Conversion World bits, their weapons are fantastic, but I really can't stand the unnatural holding hands they produce :D. They must reside too close to the Playmobil factory ;)

Back again, this time with the inceptor squad finished!

Enjoy!

q6KFk8a.jpg

QvrMZPw.jpg

M3L7gVN.jpg

pt9hl2o.jpg

The tutorial on the plasma is also available on the blog for thoses interested! Link is in sig 

Coming next is the librarian and this big boy I've been converting :smile.:

CDyDgpe.jpg

Cheers!

Anamnesis

you fixed the beer belly on the dread!! 

MY GOD

• 4 weeks later...

The Chaplain looks great. How tough was the chest surgery?

Not too bad honestly, fiddling a bit to find the cut, but since the chest is in two part it's easier to cut the piece

Now I can say that my 1000 of kharadron overlord are done, and should be able to paint a few blood angels, my motivation in general being a bit volatile.

A baby and shadowlands won't help that either :sweat:

Anyway, I traded a few minis for the indomitus half and I'm really excited for the aassault intercessors !

bLdQBmG.jpg?1

68xb9df.jpg

Head of the chaplain 

M1FpgIt.jpg

And the little sanguinary priest which was my original everchosen project

Base gonna be changed ofc!

hB8X1Wo.jpg

Cheers!

Anamnesis

I think he looks fantastic. Mastercrafted. Great choice of colours for the cloak, absolutely loving how you've achieved high contrast with a rather muted palette.

Thank you, it was a bit hard to balance but I'm happy with result :) 

Oh dear, this whole army looks so good. I just wanna cry

Thank you !

Fine work on the Chaplain.

Thanks brother !

Amazing army you’ve got going there Anamnesis.

I especially admire your basing. What did you use for the asphalt sections? Plasticard on top of texture? I also see some cork board? Dunno. I’d really appreciate some more detail / step by step.

Keep up the solid work.

Ask and you shall receive ! http://anamnesismadness.blogspot.com/2018/06/tuto-making-croncrete-or-industrial-base.html full tutorial here !

I juste changed recently the colours on the stone for violet grey and pearl grey as I prefer this one ;) 

Cheers !

Anamnesis

• 6 months later...

Hey ho long time no see!

As always with the strange time we live at the moment, my painting mojo is a bit all over the place and the announcement of aos 3 doesn't help to motivate for 40k but I'm still enjoy building and converting primaris 

First a little bladeguard veteran build from the indomitus box 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1381574200184422402

Sorry I cant upload the video directly as something doesn't work :censored:

And some basic conversion for the death compay which should arrive one day 

bKwVh74.jpg

Heavy weapon for them 

SdjxAxs.jpg

sIHhbES.jpg

I hoping to add purity scroll on them and change the breasplate later

And for some actual painting !

Painting white is a mess...

1BUXa34.jpg

But I just love painting primaris head 

ORUP5Yn.jpg

Cheers !

Anamnesis

Hey Anamnesis, good to see you back on track with the red boys!
Very nice conversions. 
Paninting black and white it's gonna be then, eh? ;) Or are the Death Company colours different for the Knight of Chalice?
And painting white is indeed... and adventure :P I have completed a Sanguinary Priest recently (brush only!) and definitely can feel you.

Hey Anamnesis, good to see you back on track with the red boys!

Very nice conversions. 

Paninting black and white it's gonna be then, eh? :wink: Or are the Death Company colours different for the Knight of Chalice?

And painting white is indeed... and adventure :tongue.: I have completed a Sanguinary Priest recently (brush only!) and definitely can feel you.

I was considering the original black with red cross for the death company, but I could to something special for the head dont know yet :) 

That's a good question and I still need to finish rethinking my marking in general, I would like to do something different for the sergeant and lieutenant and captain  will see !

Yeah white is a pain :down:  I've just realised than most of the paint is crackled for no apparent reason so that's another problem...

Medea com-art opaque white. It is absolutely brilliant, prethinned for the airbrush.

I use it for the sketch/ pre-highlight stages of airbrushing my minis, and because it is so thin it needs 3-5 passes to come up to a proper white, so  it can give you htee nice gradients for highlight and shadow. I would highly recommend it.

The face is sublime

• 2 weeks later...

Medea com-art opaque white. It is absolutely brilliant, prethinned for the airbrush.

I use it for the sketch/ pre-highlight stages of airbrushing my minis, and because it is so thin it needs 3-5 passes to come up to a proper white, so it can give you htee nice gradients for highlight and shadow. I would highly recommend it.

The face is sublime

Seconded on Medea com art white. You’ll never use another white again through an airbrush.

• 2 months later...

So after a long break, I slowly getting back to love my blood angels succesor but not with my original idea since I now find the scheme a bit boring and people think they are just blood angels :teehee: 
The general state of the 9th edition, the lack of interest in my hobby group, the rise of AoS and a few very vocals and negative (bordering on rightism or worse) 40k fans on social media has made me want to distance myself a bit from this, but as things are cooling down and I realised that I still really enjoy space marines I'm trying to rekindle the flame :turned: 

As usual I don't know how much I will update this thread but since my marines are now my only 40k army, you probably won't see anything else ahah

After seeing legofingerz charnel guard marine, I fell in love with the scheme and couldn't help myself to try it with my spin 

So here is to a new blood angels successor chapter!

Still waiting on the hollow base to finish it, I was thinking of a frozen world with ice and snow 

RMA7elr.jpg I know regret my little champaign cup as it was much easier :sweat:

NGStp0t.jpg squad marking

and the full one 1us59bE.jpg 

This has been a joy to paint and clocking around 4h it's just about right to think about an army! the chapter symbol need a bit of practice though
It was also a test with pro acryl paints and gosh I love them

Hoping to be a bit more active in the months to come as I've have so many idea, I'm just hoping we can have some cool kit for primaris sanguinary guard or something like that ! 

Anamnesis