XIXth Legion on Wings of Fury

Warsmith Manat-Yi

I have been playing with a list designed to make the most of the buff to jump infantry from the last red book. I'd always wanted to make RG work this way, although I feel like other armies would still do this better. That said, enjoy 70 jump infantry in your face turn one! I've never tried deepstriking three 20-man blobs before so I'm not sure how feasible this list actually would be on the table, but I feel like it would be terrifying.

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Praetor [225pts]: Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Power Fist, Raven's Talons

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [60pts]

. Legion Apothecary: Chainsword/Combat Blade, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

Legion Assault Squad [370pts]: 19x Legion Assault Space Marines

. Additional Wargear

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. Legion Assault Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Fist

. Additional Wargear

. Additional Wargear

+ Fast Attack +

Dark Fury Assault Squad [325pts]: 9x Dark Fury

+ Heavy Support +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [440pts]: Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [420pts]: Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [420pts]: Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver, Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: XIX: Raven Guard, Loyalist

Rite of War: Drop Assault Vanguard

++ Total: [3000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Praetor and apothecary go with the Dark Furies, one Leviathan has to sit in reserve, but otherwise it's just about praying to not mishap haha.

Am i doing something illegal with this list? How would your army handle it? Would another legion do this better and why?

This is a competitive, solid list man. Looks legal to me.

You'd severely alpha strike and steam roll most lists except for armies with lots of air support and outflank. How were you planning on dealing with flyers?

Kraken Lightnings would seriously threaten your leviathans.

Maybe consider a Damocles, so you could deepstrike some of the Assault marines without scatter.

Personally I'd drop one of the Assault squads in order to grab a xiphon equivalent + command rhino.

I'm actually not TOO worried about flyers. I get at least one turn of action before they can come in, so as long as I have enough of an effect on the drop turn, the flyers can kill whatever they want. Assmarines score, flyers dont.

That said, the rhino isn't a terrible idea. I haven't had a chance to playtest it and the logistics of deepstrking all of this is a bit daunting to think about.

• 3 weeks later...

Bold list. I like you out look on the flyers problem. The issue is the size of the units. 2 units is difficult at that size. May the dice gods be in your favour for the third. Would be awesome to see on the table though. Good luck with it buddy.

Thanks again. This is of course a theoretical list from when I was deciding if I'd finish my iron warriors or start fresh with something new. I ended up buying tyrants and Perturabo instead of 60 assault marines. :tongue.:

It's for the best though, since I hate painting black and white. I still am tempted to proxy this list to see how nuts the drop turn would be haha.

Edit: also, I realized the other day that the list is illegal anyway, since I can't take immobile units so no dreadnought pods.

Edited by Warsmith Manat-Yi