DKoK 133rd regiment

depthcharge12

Heh for some reason I'm drawn to panzer grenadier uniform camo. To me it fits the shock troop theme that dkk grenadiers are carrying over into 40k and it also blends with your tank camouflage. I'm not sure if it would be too hard or time consuming to paint as I'm a very novice painter but I gotta say German ww2 camouflage is pretty neat.

If i had to paint grenadiers I'd go for something close to what the rest of my army was painted up as, just so I could batch paint a little more while maybe adding something to set them apart. Just painting them beige/khaki would work too.

Here’s some progress on the Minotaur:

09703713_07_DC_4063_9_D1_C_3746_B1_A795_

CFB06_F36_36_D7_400_C_96_B8_61_AB418_F65

Heh for some reason I'm drawn to panzer grenadier uniform camo. To me it fits the shock troop theme that dkk grenadiers are carrying over into 40k and it also blends with your tank camouflage. I'm not sure if it would be too hard or time consuming to paint as I'm a very novice painter but I gotta say German ww2 camouflage is pretty neat.

If i had to paint grenadiers I'd go for something close to what the rest of my army was painted up as, just so I could batch paint a little more while maybe adding something to set them apart. Just painting them beige/khaki would work too.

I love the German/French military theme that the DKoK exude and it one reason why I try to base their colors around WWI/WWII schemes.

I’d kill to make a flecktarn pattern for the smocks but I’m afriad it might look a bit out of place, or there might not be enough clothing to pull it off (grenadiers have a bunch of armor).

I’d personally like to see them with camo jackets with same color pants- perhaps that LW grenadier look without getting into any straight Waffen style comparisons.

Loving the composition of your army and happy to hear the Minotaur is successful for you as I have one I’m preparing for the paint table. Liking the 3 tone camo you’re doing on yours- what paints are you using? My folks sent me the VMA allied and axis paint set for my bday and it’s really nice.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff man

I’d personally like to see them with camo jackets with same color pants- perhaps that LW grenadier look without getting into any straight Waffen style comparisons.

Loving the composition of your army and happy to hear the Minotaur is successful for you as I have one I’m preparing for the paint table. Liking the 3 tone camo you’re doing on yours- what paints are you using? My folks sent me the VMA allied and axis paint set for my bday and it’s really nice.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff man

I appreciate the compliments from one such painter of your caliber. I’ve been using p3 paints lately and I’ve fallen in love with them. Vallejo is good as always but I’ve started branching out. The beige is GW Zandri Dust, the green is p3 Gnarls green, and the red/brown is a 2:1 mix of p3 Umbral Umber and GW Khorne Red.

For my regular dudes I use th me Gnarls green with a highlight of the lighter green from the Ourborous set (can’t remember the name) but it can get a bit bright so I knock it down with washes. I’d normal spring for just the gnarls green but it’s not too dark, especially for the tabletop.

More tank progress, pretty much just have the driver, a few vision slits, and a few superficial details to paint left. I may decide to do some weathering powder and expand my horizons.

83_F1_B973_17_B8_4_F55_8742_F369381_CE64

709_FAA7_E_A157_40_BA_BDD9_42_C49_BC49_E

12237059_AD5_C_44_D9_99_E3_A477131_D8_E3

1103115_A_1471_42_B0_A07_F_B50_D460730_D

Great work Depthcharge12!

I especially like what you’ve done with your vehicles.

Subtle but effective.

Appreciate it dude, this army itches my historical military scratch!

Less of an update and more of a “well I’m an idiot” update as I’ve finally been able to take pictures with 100% more real sunlight :P you can see the weathering and details better. However I want to change the color of the plasma because it looks like a...plastic purple phallus, to say the least.

9_F618_B99_E934_45_F7_AE09_4_BEA9622_A25

0755_B6_C1_5_D8_C_4728_9711_7_A2_D73_BA2

I love your camouflage patterns, but these tanks need some unit markings to distinguish them as yours, not those of another Regiment.

Hmm I’m listening, what would you suggest? I’m thinking a green stripe with red company markings, but would that throw off the scheme?

It needs a symbol to represent the planet the tankers were recruited from, and the regiment number. This unit insignia should be marked on the roof and all four sides, as it would SUCK if an allied fighter attacks your tank by mistake while it's fighting another of a similar model, e.g., a looted (Ork) or traitor Leman Russ. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker