Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolf Guard & Transfers - No longer available?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

https://www.games-wo...Wolf-Guard-2016

Looking the the SW catalog and saw that the Wolf Guard are "Sold Out Online" and "Availability: No longer available Online".

Isn't this the same pack as the Blood Claws and Grey Hunters? Why would the Wolf Guard be sold out but not the others?

Edit: Also our Transfers are now no longer available. https://www.games-wo...ace-Wolf-Decals

Edited by Caldersson, 13 August 2017 - 12:42 AM.

Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,377 posts
GW did 3 pack sizes. 5 man for WG, 10 for the standard Wolf Pack and 15 for Bloodclaws.

It wasn't an official boxed set and wasn't good value compared to the standard box so not sure if many even bought it.

I doubt there's anything behind this change to be honest

Brother Captain Sirus

Brother Captain Sirus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
Base sizes being changed perhaps? As it happened to the Grey Knight power armour units just a couple of weeks ago.

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

Base sizes being changed perhaps? As it happened to the Grey Knight power armour units just a couple of weeks ago.

They Wolf Guard and GK Strike Squad are both on 32mm bases. Not sure if GK were on 28mm before or not.

GW did 3 pack sizes. 5 man for WG, 10 for the standard Wolf Pack and 15 for Bloodclaws.

It wasn't an official boxed set and wasn't good value compared to the standard box so not sure if many even bought it.

I doubt there's anything behind this change to be honest

Not sure what you mean it wasn't an official boxed set? It was a group of 5 Wolf Guard which is a official pack and sold on official GW store.

As for Value it offered more weapon options per model than the 10 and 15 packs. It also fall directly in-line with price compared to the 10-pack and 15-pack at roughly 12-13 USD less per 5 models, but you keep more weapon options as you go down. See Below.

15-pack=50 USD

10-pack=37 USD (13USD less than 15-pack)

5-pack  =25 USD (25USD less from 15-pack, and 12 less than 10-pack) 

Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

Garreck

Garreck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
Caldersson, he's saying both the 15-man bloodclaws and Wolf Guard were webstore-only options that are simply reboxes of the same parts in varying combination as the "official" grey hunters boxes. Same story as skyclaws, really, which have a couple of sprues from the grey hunter box plus some jump packs.

I wouldn't read any more into it than GW optimizing their line up. The grey hunter box is still available and is the source of the bits for the web store offerings. Offering the variations may not have proved cost effective for GW.

TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,377 posts

Caldersson, he's saying both the 15-man bloodclaws and Wolf Guard were webstore-only options that are simply reboxes of the same parts in varying combination as the "official" grey hunters boxes. Same story as skyclaws, really, which have a couple of sprues from the grey hunter box plus some jump packs.
I wouldn't read any more into it than GW optimizing their line up. The grey hunter box is still available and is the source of the bits for the web store offerings. Offering the variations may not have proved cost effective for GW.

Exactly what I meant, thanks Garreck

Kasper_Hawser

Kasper_Hawser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vlka Fenryka

On a separate matter, I noticed Arjac and Njal are out of stock for some time, yet the goofy Ragnar is still there. Lukas still looks OK I guess. I hope its a sign some of the wolf characters will be revamped.

although to be fair, if anyone needs an updated model, it's Abbaddon.

"The 6th Legion has a reputation." said Bear.
"All the Legions Astartes have reputations," replied Hawser.
"Not like ours," said Ogvai "We are known for our ferocity. We are thought to be feral and undisciplined. Even brother Legions consider us to be wild and bestial."
"And you're not ?" asked Hawser.
"If we need to be," said Ogvai. "but if that was our natural state, we'd all be dead by now."
He leaned down towards Hawser like a parent addressing a child.
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

Excerpt from "Prospero Burns" by Dan Abnett

Wolf_Priest _Dantay.

Wolf_Priest _Dantay.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,477 posts

Probably because Arjac and Njal are great in 8th, they have sold out.

Meanwhile the really dated Ragnar model and to some extent Lukas have been on the market for so long, nobody needs a new one any more, or they converted their own, so they have not sold out.

Thats my theory at least 

ETL 1v2

Kasper_Hawser

Kasper_Hawser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Probably because Arjac and Njal are great in 8th, they have sold out.

Meanwhile the really dated Ragnar model and to some extent Lukas have been on the market for so long, nobody needs a new one any more, or they converted their own, so they have not sold out.

Thats my theory at least 

I wonder how old is Lukas model wise. He doesn't look that cartoonish and his proportion seems to be the same as standard tacticals.

I really want to get Lukas if only for that crazy smile which none of the Grey Hunter spruse have.

"Not like ours," said Ogvai "We are known for our ferocity. We are thought to be feral and undisciplined. Even brother Legions consider us to be wild and bestial."
"If we need to be," said Ogvai. "but if that was our natural state, we'd all be dead by now."

Wolf_Priest _Dantay.

Wolf_Priest _Dantay.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,477 posts

I think Lukas was in the 5th or 6th ed codex. Mine is a solid metal lump so definitely pre-finecast (As is my Canis model, works well as an alternative dreadsock too... Wolf sock!!)

Edited by Wolf_Priest _Dantay., 16 August 2017 - 07:45 AM.

ETL 1v2

Kasper_Hawser

Kasper_Hawser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

I think Lukas was in the 5th or 6th ed codex. Mine is a solid metal lump so definitely pre-finecast (As is my Canis model, works well as an alternative dreadsock too... Wolf sock!!)

LOL, everytime I think of Canis, I have the urge to cry "SQUIRREL!" like the dogs from the movie "Up".

Torvak Kyre

Torvak Kyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves and Luna Wolves.

LOL, everytime I think of Canis, I have the urge to cry "SQUIRREL!" like the dogs from the movie "Up".

It makes me kinda sad because that was the model that really drove my dive into Warhammer back when I was like 10. Now I just look it and just think "ugh".

== Formally Fenris Kid ==

"Our names may be forgotten, and our bones crumble to dust, but our deaths will echo through the millennia to come."

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 318 posts

Same thing happened with the Grey Knight squads.

*crossed fingers for earlier than expected book

The Storm Stalkers - My Space Wolves WiP Blog

Know thine enemy. 

You are known to him already...

* Sermon Primaris, the Ordo Xenos

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users