Wolf Guard & Transfers - No longer available?

Jarl Caldersson

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Wolves-Wolf-Guard-2016

Looking the the SW catalog and saw that the Wolf Guard are "Sold Out Online" and "Availability: No longer available Online".

Isn't this the same pack as the Blood Claws and Grey Hunters? Why would the Wolf Guard be sold out but not the others?

Edit: Also our Transfers are now no longer available. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Wolf-Decals

Edited by Caldersson

GW did 3 pack sizes. 5 man for WG, 10 for the standard Wolf Pack and 15 for Bloodclaws.

It wasn't an official boxed set and wasn't good value compared to the standard box so not sure if many even bought it.

I doubt there's anything behind this change to be honest

Base sizes being changed perhaps? As it happened to the Grey Knight power armour units just a couple of weeks ago.

They Wolf Guard and GK Strike Squad are both on 32mm bases. Not sure if GK were on 28mm before or not.

GW did 3 pack sizes. 5 man for WG, 10 for the standard Wolf Pack and 15 for Bloodclaws.

It wasn't an official boxed set and wasn't good value compared to the standard box so not sure if many even bought it.

I doubt there's anything behind this change to be honest

Not sure what you mean it wasn't an official boxed set? It was a group of 5 Wolf Guard which is a official pack and sold on official GW store.

As for Value it offered more weapon options per model than the 10 and 15 packs. It also fall directly in-line with price compared to the 10-pack and 15-pack at roughly 12-13 USD less per 5 models, but you keep more weapon options as you go down. See Below.

15-pack=50 USD

10-pack=37 USD (13USD less than 15-pack)

5-pack  =25 USD (25USD less from 15-pack, and 12 less than 10-pack) 

Caldersson, he's saying both the 15-man bloodclaws and Wolf Guard were webstore-only options that are simply reboxes of the same parts in varying combination as the "official" grey hunters boxes. Same story as skyclaws, really, which have a couple of sprues from the grey hunter box plus some jump packs.

I wouldn't read any more into it than GW optimizing their line up. The grey hunter box is still available and is the source of the bits for the web store offerings. Offering the variations may not have proved cost effective for GW.

Caldersson, he's saying both the 15-man bloodclaws and Wolf Guard were webstore-only options that are simply reboxes of the same parts in varying combination as the "official" grey hunters boxes. Same story as skyclaws, really, which have a couple of sprues from the grey hunter box plus some jump packs.

I wouldn't read any more into it than GW optimizing their line up. The grey hunter box is still available and is the source of the bits for the web store offerings. Offering the variations may not have proved cost effective for GW.

Exactly what I meant, thanks Garreck

On a separate matter, I noticed Arjac and Njal are out of stock for some time, yet the goofy Ragnar is still there. Lukas still looks OK I guess. I hope its a sign some of the wolf characters will be revamped.

although to be fair, if anyone needs an updated model, it's Abbaddon.

Probably because Arjac and Njal are great in 8th, they have sold out.

Meanwhile the really dated Ragnar model and to some extent Lukas have been on the market for so long, nobody needs a new one any more, or they converted their own, so they have not sold out.

Thats my theory at least 

Probably because Arjac and Njal are great in 8th, they have sold out.

Meanwhile the really dated Ragnar model and to some extent Lukas have been on the market for so long, nobody needs a new one any more, or they converted their own, so they have not sold out.

Thats my theory at least 

I wonder how old is Lukas model wise. He doesn't look that cartoonish and his proportion seems to be the same as standard tacticals.

I really want to get Lukas if only for that crazy smile which none of the Grey Hunter spruse have.

I think Lukas was in the 5th or 6th ed codex. Mine is a solid metal lump so definitely pre-finecast (As is my Canis model, works well as an alternative dreadsock too... Wolf sock!!)

Edited by Wolf_Priest _Dantay.

I think Lukas was in the 5th or 6th ed codex. Mine is a solid metal lump so definitely pre-finecast (As is my Canis model, works well as an alternative dreadsock too... Wolf sock!!)

LOL, everytime I think of Canis, I have the urge to cry "SQUIRREL!" like the dogs from the movie "Up".

LOL, everytime I think of Canis, I have the urge to cry "SQUIRREL!" like the dogs from the movie "Up".

It makes me kinda sad because that was the model that really drove my dive into Warhammer back when I was like 10. Now I just look it and just think "ugh".